Chiefs = Paper Tigers

Dr. K

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Titans are good. I think they took some time to find themselves especially on offense with the coordinator change but they found their groove at half time last week. Only 1 sack again today. That is because Todd Downing has stopped trying to force Tannehill into the dropback and they have reverted to the run Henry and throw almost exclusively on play action model that served them so well last year. 

The thing with Ten is they always throw in a clunker or two somewhere. I can well imagine them losing a game to Jacksonville for example. It is who they are... a strange, kind of unique, emotional football team.

Yeah I definitely think they are good.  I just didn't think they are Super Bowl good.  That is perhaps where I might change my mind.  Titans are a tough out.

I've not dived into schedules but the Chiefs D is so bad, that I think their only chance is to win a bunch of shoot-outs.

Thing is, they are turning the football over way too much for that to happen.

There are a lot of fairly solid teams in the AFC, who aren't named the Chiefs, who I would realistically expect to be in the Wild Card mix up. The Bills and Titans should win their respective (poor) Divisions. After that you have  fair few other teams that are way more balanced than the Chiefs are - namely they have functioning defenses.

Bungles, Ravens, Chargers, Raiders and Browns, are currently all better teams than KC, notwithstanding the occasional weird result.

All of the above have both played more consistently, are more balanced, and have better records than the Chiefs. Even the stats bear up the 'eye test' ;)

While the Chiefs are still an incredibly dangerous team, I don't think they will make the playoffs this year.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Pats are still no threat this year.  They blew out the Jets.  Big deal.

Point being: the Pats threat is > Chiefs threat. So many here are focused on the Chiefs. The Chiefs are sleeping with the fishes at this point.

Disagree. We can disagree to agree. That seems to be the board thing lately.

1 hour ago, boater said:

Funny. I try to warn against over-confidence against the 3-4 Patsies.

But people focus on the loser out of division 3-4 Chiefs.

Exactly who are you warning?  News flash:  the fans don’t play the games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it won't be easy for them, agreed. I said before the season their schedule was tough. But I don't feel like they are done yet. 9/10 wins feels to me like where they end up. All 4 of their losses are to good football teams even if it is clear that some of the issues that exist for them are real. 

It's like it is inside their head now. Early in the season they were losing to good teams but losing close. Or barely pulling out victories against good teams (Browns game). But these last three weeks tell a different story. Blown out by two good teams and trailing at the half against a bad Washington team. They are trending in the wrong direction. 

Their division will be tough. Doesn't look like the Raiders are going to roll over and die and the Chargers are also a tough match up for the Chiefs. 

A week ago I would have said there is not a snow balls chance in hell the Chiefs don't make the playoffs. But after this loss and wins pulled out by the Raiders, Bengals, Browns, Colts and Patriots I think there is a very real possibility the Chiefs miss the playoffs. The Chiefs schedule doesn't let up much. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone know what the deal is with Mahomes fiancé/wife? Apparently Chiefs fans think she is a bit crazy and could be a reason for some of his mental issues. Oh, and they think his brother is a grade A douche. 

Just another reason why Josh Allen > Mahomes. Haven't heard a single Bills fan say or post a negative thing about Allen's girl friend or brother. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he talks football on this board and have you seen the Chiefs message board? Why wouldn't he come here after the Super Bowl? I mean he was probably here after the one they lost too.

The ChiefsPlanet board is a cesspool. So glad we have standards here. I'm all for free speech but good lord. There is a reason why most private companies don't just let you say whatever you want.  

Zero is okay. But I pointed out at least once or twice two him that Josh Allen was every bit as good on 3rd/4th and long situations over the 2019 and 2020 seasons when he came here once gloating about how good Mahomes was in those situations and the dude never acknowledged it from what I recall. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Titans are good. I think they took some time to find themselves especially on offense with the coordinator change but they found their groove at half time last week. Only 1 sack again today. That is because Todd Downing has stopped trying to force Tannehill into the dropback and they have reverted to the run Henry and throw almost exclusively on play action model that served them so well last year. 

The thing with Ten is they always throw in a clunker or two somewhere. I can well imagine them losing a game to Jacksonville for example. It is who they are... a strange, kind of unique, emotional football team.

I could see Tenn losing to Indy next week.  Just doesn’t seem like a great matchup for them, and coming off two huge wins…

On 8/17/2021 at 6:18 AM, Dr. K said:

I get it that the Chiefs are the favorites in the AFC, and probably should be. But they also went into the Super Bowl favored to win. I said before the game that they would lose, and lose by double figures. 

Why? If you look at their play last season, especially in the second half of the season, they barely squeaked out eight of their wins. They lost to the Raiders and Chargers, and in other games:

beat the Chargers by 3 in OT

beat the Panthers by 2

beat the Raiders by 4

beat the Bucks by 3

beat the Broncos by 6

beat the Dolphins by 6

beat the Saints by 3

beat the Falcons by 3

A good team will win many close games, but when a team wins that many games by less than a touchdown you can expect a regression to the mean. Despite  Mahomes and Kelce and Hill, and the fact they beat the Bills twice last year, I don't see any reason the Bills should be quaking in their boots about playing them. 

I predict the Chiefs will have a fall off this season and would not be at all surprised if they fail to make the playoffs. They lived on the edge last season and when you do that, you are in danger of falling off. 

It appears you are the sage voice concerning the implosion in Kansas City, your thoughts / foresight hit the nail on the head, 👍

Go Bills!!!

On 8/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, Dr. K said:

I get it that the Chiefs are the favorites in the AFC, and probably should be. But they also went into the Super Bowl favored to win. I said before the game that they would lose, and lose by double figures. 

Why? If you look at their play last season, especially in the second half of the season, they barely squeaked out eight of their wins. They lost to the Raiders and Chargers, and in other games:

beat the Chargers by 3 in OT

beat the Panthers by 2

beat the Raiders by 4

beat the Bucks by 3

beat the Broncos by 6

beat the Dolphins by 6

beat the Saints by 3

beat the Falcons by 3

A good team will win many close games, but when a team wins that many games by less than a touchdown you can expect a regression to the mean. Despite  Mahomes and Kelce and Hill, and the fact they beat the Bills twice last year, I don't see any reason the Bills should be quaking in their boots about playing them. 

I predict the Chiefs will have a fall off this season and would not be at all surprised if they fail to make the playoffs. They lived on the edge last season and when you do that, you are in danger of falling off. 

Very Prophetic :)

• Like (+1) 1

They are going to have a tough time making the playoffs now. The Chargers and Raiders look like the two best teams in that division. Carr is playing very well this year. He was outstanding yesterday vs the Eagles. Herbert is one of the best young QB's in the game right now. The Bucs in last year's Super Bowl along with the Bills and Titans have shown everyone how to beat the Chiefs.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

They are going to have a tough time making the playoffs now. The Chargers and Raiders look like the two best teams in that division. Carr is playing very well this year. He was outstanding yesterday vs the Eagles. Herbert is one of the best young QB's in the game right now. The Bucs in last year's Super Bowl along with the Bills and Titans have shown everyone how to beat the Chiefs.

It’s rough we built our defense around beating the chiefs and they’re not gonna make the playoffs but teams like the browns/ravens/titans will be in there…bucs must be thrilled they are built well to demolish any of those teams if they can get through the nfc 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.