Bills release 5 players

YoloinOhio

Mike Bell was laying hits. I could see him being on someone's special teams units. 

26 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Beane is always 10 steps ahead of everyone else.......

Look at him keeping Bobby Hart in the fold just to give our team the best chance to get Fromm or Webb hurt so we don't have to outright release them and have to worry about them getting picked up by another team. Just another way to keep an extra player or 2 around.

Always playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Shrewd move

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Bobby Hart didn't play well Friday but until the coaching staff trusts Brown and Doyle in pass protection, he isn't going anywhere. I believe we'll sign a better veteran OT after the next round of cuts. Maybe we can swap a wr or de for a decent backup. I feel like Doyle will get a mysterious injury after the 3rd preseason game and get stashed on IR.

Agree on the IR, and think there may be more than one.  Heard Hodgins hurt his knee a bit.  I'll bet right now he's confused why the training staff is telling him, we want to test your reflexes a bit on your knee, and they keep hitting it with a 5 pound sledge.

Agree too could see a spare D lineman and/or WR get traded for better line help. Or would they even package Doyle and say DL for better backup tackle.  Maybe other team wants a cheaper 9th lineman on the roster.

I see the three O lineman cut were three that dressed Friday night, but didn't play one snap.

23 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

With his injury history, I’m glad the Bills didn’t consider him. If I remember correctly, he bashed the organization on his way out of Buffalo

that was a long time ago, some on the TBD board we’re even born then. After Friday, I was disappointed the current Bills did not take a chance with him.

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

Beane is always 10 steps ahead of everyone else.......

Look at him keeping Bobby Hart in the fold just to give our team the best chance to get Fromm or Webb hurt so we don't have to outright release them and have to worry about them getting picked up by another team. Just another way to keep an extra player or 2 around.

Always playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Lol. Yes Beane is playing chess but so is everyone else no? Where is the evidence other GMs are playing checkers?

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Although these guys probably 95% likely knew they were roster long shots, this day still has to suck for them 

I'm sure there could be a joke in there given your screen name, but I'll leave it there.😉

Yes, I agree it sucks. It's tough to achieve a dream like so many of these players have. It takes a lot of work and dedication and I'll give all of these guys props for making it this far. Hopefully some of them can find a spot and continue to live their dream. Best of luck to all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'm sure there could be a joke in there given your screen name, but I'll leave it there.😉

Yes, I agree it sucks. It's tough to achieve a dream like so many of these players have. It takes a lot of work and dedication and I'll give all of these guys props for making it this far. Hopefully some of them can find a spot and continue to live their dream. Best of luck to all.

Yes, let’s remember at this time of increasingly frenetic Bills fandom (long- and short-term) that every one of these guys that were cut today would be 1,000% welcome in any gathering, any discussion, any almost anything in all of our lives.  “Extreme Bills Mafia Kudos” to all of them, whatever their names are….?!