Bills play Catan

My wife goes for longest road every time. I vary my strategy based on the game, but I tend to go after development cards to either build the biggest army or rack up victory points.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Davis Webb had it right. You have to be adaptable each time you play, because as the game unfolds, clinging to one set strategy will get you beat.

He was also correct that snagging some 2:1 ports is always a good move.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

What is Catan?

Catan, previously known as The Settlers of Catan or simply Settlers, is a multiplayer board game designed by Klaus Teuber. It was first published in 1995 in Germany by Franckh-Kosmos Verlag (Kosmos) as Die Siedler von Catan. Players take on the roles of settlers, each attempting to build and develop holdings while trading and acquiring resources. Players gain points as their settlements grow; the first to reach a set number of points, typically 10, wins. 

------------------

My wife and son play it often. Personally not my thing. I grew up on video games.😄

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

A latter-day Dungeons and Dragons?  Pass.

Nothing at all like D&D. Like not even close lol.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Always wanted to play but every time I go to buy it my wife reminds me we took the road where you have 6 kids and never play board games again.

Until the kids get older then it is board game time for sure! You've got a crew.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Nothing at all like D&D. Like not even close lol.

Until the kids get older then it is board game time for sure! You've got a crew.

Yes sir!   A whole house full of amazing blessings.   Its hectic at times, but wouldn't trade it for the world.   About 18 years away from board games and crosswords, but they can wait :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

dang im getting old lol first thought was wtf is that, followed by get outside ya damb kids 😆

You must be REALLY old if you think board games are the hip new thing keeping kids from going outside.  Are you using a carrier pigeon service to make these posts?

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

A latter-day Dungeons and Dragons?  Pass.

Someone's never played D&D...

What's wrong with D&D anyways?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5