Preseason Trade Predictions

I was looking at the potential 53, and for the first time in a LONG time, it seems relatively easy to figure out how the pieces fall into place. With the exception of maybe 6 roster spots, I think the top 46/47 guys are buttoned up. 

That being said, there seems to be a decent amount of young, players with potential that the Bills just can’t afford to keep. Pair this with Beane’s ability to turn roster bubble players into draft picks (see Teller, Wyatt) I imagine a potential trade is imminent. My guess is that it infiltrates the line.

Guys I could see on the go: 

OL: Lamp, Bates, Boettger

DL: Phillips, Zimmer, Johnson

What ya got?

I still think either Hughes or Addison could be traded if the rookies perform in preseason. 

We have a lot of depth at guard and I think Cody Ford could be on the move as well. 

Kumerow to the Packers seems almost inevitable considering our depth at receiver.

If he plays well in preseason, Antonio Williams could fetch a draft pick instead of being on the practice squad all season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I still think either Hughes or Addison could be traded if the rookies perform in preseason. 

We have a lot of depth at guard and I think Cody Ford could be on the move as well. 

Kumerow to the Packers seems almost inevitable considering our depth at receiver.

If he plays well in preseason, Antonio Williams could fetch a draft pick instead of being on the practice squad all season.

I don't see TD Jesus going anywhere. Not only does he offer size/speed combo and catch everything, he's a ST standout

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What ya got?

I think a bigger name D-Line guy goes, I think Zim stays...I agree on your O-Line

The guy who is saying TD Jesus is going hasn't been paying attention.  HE is staying.....

Edited by Kwai San

24 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I don't see TD Jesus going anywhere. Not only does he offer size/speed combo and catch everything, he's a ST standout

There's just a logjam at the position this year. We have 4 roster locks with Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Sanders. After that we have McKenzie (who has shown he can play well in the slot, on jet sweeps, and may be our punt/kick returner), Hodgins who looked good before his injury last year, Stevenson who might get stashed away on the practice squad, and then Kumerow. He will need to win the job based on his special teams ability, and he will likely need to beat out Taiwan Jones (even though he's technically listed at rb). I just think Aaron Rodgers may make another trade demand to reunite with Kumerow and they'll probably need to overpay. 

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I was looking at the potential 53, and for the first time in a LONG time, it seems relatively easy to figure out how the pieces fall into place. With the exception of maybe 6 roster spots, I think the top 46/47 guys are buttoned up. 

That being said, there seems to be a decent amount of young, players with potential that the Bills just can’t afford to keep. Pair this with Beane’s ability to turn roster bubble players into draft picks (see Teller, Wyatt) I imagine a potential trade is imminent. My guess is that it infiltrates the line.

What ya got?

I think Bates and Boettger stay but would add Hart to the list to O-line potential trades.  I also think somehow think one of the rookie tackles will end up on IR, thus saving a spot for Hart.

D line think Zimmer stays,  trade may be either Johnson or Obada, whomever can yield more in return as not sure the difference between them is that great.

39 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Can't see any team willing to take on Hughes and especially Addisons contract.  If Hughes doesn't get healthy soon he could be in trouble.  On the other hand if he stays on the PUP list they get a free pass and could keep him their as insurance if someone were to get hurt.

If Kumerow doesn't make the roster, the team likely to be first in line to sign him would be Green Bay, so can't see them trading for him.  On the other hand the 30 other team may be interested to get their hands on him before the Packers do.  The only way would be if Beane is ready to deal him elsewhere then Green Bay makes the trade to get him, but not sure if they'd be willing to kind of be black mailed into making the trade either.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think Bates and Boettger stay but would add Hart to the list to O-line potential trades.  

If Beane trades Bobby Hart, I will fall out of my chair from laughing.  He is terrible.  He is a human turnstile.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Isn't it nice to be talking about having to trade players who we would really like to be getting a lot of playing time,,,just because we have so much depth and beter players.   ....  Rather than hoping we can pick up a well hidden decent player from other team's cut downs !!!!!

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

There's just a logjam at the position this year. We have 4 roster locks with Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Sanders. After that we have McKenzie (who has shown he can play well in the slot, on jet sweeps, and may be our punt/kick returner), Hodgins who looked good before his injury last year, Stevenson who might get stashed away on the practice squad, and then Kumerow. He will need to win the job based on his special teams ability, and he will likely need to beat out Taiwan Jones (even though he's technically listed at rb). I just think Aaron Rodgers may make another trade demand to reunite with Kumerow and they'll probably need to overpay. 

A 3rd or 4th?  Goodie Goodie

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think Bates and Boettger stay but would add Hart to the list to O-line potential trades.  I also think somehow think one of the rookie tackles will end up on IR, thus saving a spot for Hart.

D line think Zimmer stays,  trade may be either Johnson or Obada, whomever can yield more in return as not sure the difference between them is that great.

Can't see any team willing to take on Hughes and especially Addisons contract.  If Hughes doesn't get healthy soon he could be in trouble.  On the other hand if he stays on the PUP list they get a free pass and could keep him their as insurance if someone were to get hurt.

If Kumerow doesn't make the roster, the team likely to be first in line to sign him would be Green Bay, so can't see them trading for him.  On the other hand the 30 other team may be interested to get their hands on him before the Packers do.  The only way would be if Beane is ready to deal him elsewhere then Green Bay makes the trade to get him, but not sure if they'd be willing to kind of be black mailed into making the trade either.

I like blackmail

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think a team out west like the Rams or Seahawks would be willing to trade for Addison or Hughes if they have a couple injuries. Not gonna get a lot but if they actually planned on cutting either guy it’s something. 

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

If Beane trades Bobby Hart, I will fall out of my chair from laughing.  He is terrible.  He is a human turnstile.

Well we did trade Lee smith, and even snagged a pick for Newhouse who may be worse than Hart

3 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I don't see Kumerow going anywhere considering he is able to play basically every role on teams.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

As far as a trade goes, I don't see getting much of anything for those names really. Maybe a 6th or 7th for Zimmer? Though in that case I'd prefer to just keep him if possible.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

5 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What ya got?

NO WAY, BATES GOES ANYWHERE! He is one of the most valuable players on the team with his ability to play every oline position, and to play it competently.

Hodgins from the receivers room. On D, Butler for a late pick.

• Like (+1) 1