Any interest in C J Henderson?

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Interesting.  I hadn’t heard that.  Without knowing that, I would’ve loved to throw a 2nd rd pick for him.  If you know this info, one would think that most gms would as well?  Idk. Could push his value down.  But would we even want a talented malcontent?   Probably not.  

I do hope GMs are able to get information that 30 seconds reading the tweets from reporters would get you

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wouldn't call CB2 a "weak link" on the defense. Certainly a place that could use an upgrade but not some sort of massive liability either. I think we underrate Levi on this board. He is a solid corner. But I wouldn't mind throwing a conditional third round pick at Henderson. A three year 7.4 million dollar deal for a CB who flashed good play inconsistently in his rookie year is a deal I would take on. I wouldn't give up a 2nd or 1st for him. The most I would do is a third that could escalate to a second if certain criteria is met.

I think the Bills are where they are because they’ve avoided players like this.

I hope he gets right and turns into a solid player for a long time, but I don’t think that’ll happen here. 

This would’ve been a prime Whaley deal. 

It’s my understanding from the local news outlets down here in FL, is he has issues and that is why he’s potentially available.  I’m very sympathetic with persons having mental health issues, but don’t think we need to add that to our team when we have a perfectly capable CB2 in Wallace.  Again, it’s not Madden.  You’re. Not going to have superstars at every position, but you want an overall healthy team.  Wallace is fine for that role.  We also have a top 5 CB1, and one of the best Safety tandems in the league.  We were 13-3 against a couple of tough divisions last year.   People want to point to T Hill, but they never mention how we kept the Seahawks WR’s in check which is difficult since they are two of the toughest in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He was never a first round talent in my eyes. Go back to my pre-draft threads from last year I was not high on him. 

If he is available for a mid round pick maybe I'd take a look but at a day 1 or 2 pick price? No thanks.

Marine said he was great with the pick therefore I don’t want him on the Bills.  Pretty simple concept that usually works.

The arm chair GMs will have a ton of fun with this topic, would it be nice to have him? Maybe, is it likely to happen? No, I’ll be back later today to check in on how Beane is blowing it by not signing this guy, 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply

I’ll be the contrarian here. You never know if it’s the kid or the team. Now I’m not saying I know anything about this particular player but if it’s this early in his career it may just be that Jacksonville is a train wreck in the locker room, front office, etc…and the kid just needs a change of scenery with the proper mentoring.

Mentioned this to my buddy in the office who is a massive Gator fan, and he said CJ never had any issues at Florida, so maybe it's a Jax thing....  I'd love him depending on where his heads at and what they're asking for.