How many people don't like Allen's new deal?

mjd1001

How do you feel about the contract extension to Allen.  

419 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the extension

• Love it. Bills got a great deal, this will ensure the team is great for a long time.
    • I'm "Okay" with it I guess. Wish it was a bit lower of a deal, or they waited another year though.
    • Hate it. Even with the way it is structured, the Bills will regret giving him this extension.

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

So if Josh plays the way he did in the AFCCG this new contract is a debacle?

Josh struggled a bit, but I wouldn’t categorize his play as so bad that the Bills should not have given him this extension.  The comment makes no sense to me.

Agreed.  Not to make excuses for Josh, but our receivers were banged up before the game (Diggs-oblique, Beasley-broken fibula, Davis-ankle), were getting absolutely mugged during the game, and Josh was harassed most of the game because of the O-line's subpar pass protection, especially against DT Chris Jones.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

My fault.  Involved in too many allen contract threads.  I thought Big Turk was responding to a post of mine that was talking about Edmunds, hence my response was with regards to Edmunds. My bad

No problem - after your next response to me - that made sense.

I know we don’t agree much, but I do respect what you bring to the board.  That was why the response made no sense to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I have a few Pats fans still as friends (I lived quite a few years near Boston) and already got 2 text from them....they are trying to justify among themselves how this is a terrible deal for the Bills, that they overpaid for a QB that will be the 2nd or 3rd best in the division 2 years from now..etc, etc.

Man, the drug problem up in Boston is worse than I thought.  Somebody get them some help.

4 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm always the 1:lol: 

No I didn't vote, but I am ecstatic because we signed the future GOAT to a nice contract extension... I just wanted a 12 year contract because his price is going to skyrocket after we win the Super Bowl every year.

Maybe he can make up the difference by getting DOUBLE the Rodgers rate for doing State Farm commercials after he wins all those Super Bowl MVP awards he’s going to pile up?  

EDIT: We are now up to three “hate it” votes. I sure wish we could see who they are. Not to jump on them, but if they are not fans of AFCE opponents I’d like to hear the argument. I’m glad we did it now, the price will only go up. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I don't like it.

Why give a QB a massive deal after only one good season?

How do we know it wasn't a fluke? 

Thanks for the honest response. I’d say we have a history of THREE consecutive years where he has improved every year. He’s not a Dareus kind of guy who got his big pay day and seemingly lost his drive. I think Josh is the opposite and my hope is he doesn’t try to do TOO MUCH to earn it. 

If we had waited, the price was only going to go up. It’s expensive, but cheaper to do now than to wait. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Not exactly.

Personally I am fine with it, because I think he isn't the highest paid guy in the league, and he is likely to be passed by a few more guys by the time the deal is done, and I like him as a QB.

However, I can see people out there thinking "he did it only for one year" or " there is a chance this could be a Wentz/Goff type situation" and I still here a few people (not many, but a few) thinking his success is a result of a perfect storm of the right coach and right surrounding cast.  I just thought a poll would be good to see where everyone lands on there, some people may not think it is a good deal and don't want to make a direct post about it because they don't want to be attacked by the vast majority of us who do think it is a good deal.

He got better every year.. people that say he only did it for one year don’t have a clue what they are talking about.  He got paid for what he did and what he’s projected to do in the future 

If you include 2yrs of his remaining rookie contract, Allen is making 35.6mil/year for 8yrs.

...in Contrast Mahomes is averaging 43.4mil/year and Dak is at 40mil/year for the length of their deals.

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He got better every year.. people that say he only did it for one year don’t have a clue what they are talking about.  He got paid for what he did and what he’s projected to do in the future 

Allen has gotten better every year for the last 10 years, going back to his high school days.

Edited by unbillievable

Allen's cap number balloons to 50mil in 2025 which would be 20% of the projected salary cap of that year. His cap number is shaped like a Bell curve, which means they probably have to restructure.

The highest QB Sap % to ever win a Superbowl is 12% (Eli Manning).

6 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Exactly, how the hell are we going to pick in the top 5 of the draft over the next 8 years? Talking about ruining everything!!! 😂

Conditional draft picks.  Just one leg of the tripod.

(The others being dirty tricks and electronic espionage.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Allen's cap number balloons to 50mil in 2025 which would be 20% of the projected salary cap of that year. His cap number is shaped like a Bell curve, which means they probably have to restructure.

Is that considering the higher cap due to new TV deals that will be kicking in, plus just the general increases we usually see from year to year?

5 hours ago, nucci said:

not me. Why would I care how much he makes?

This^^^

I have never cared what players make, just never cared, I only want them to play well. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Patriots didnt either, worked out ok for them. Not saying Allen is Brady. 

I could be wrong but can’t remember Brady winning a SB with a middle of the pack defense and no running game , 

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

The contract is set up perfectly to move salary money into restructured money in 2025 and 2026.

If Josh is still tearing it up it will give him some guaranteed money in his final 2 years which are only $40M per.

I'm laughing while typing "only $40M" but in 2028 bridge QBs will be making 30-35 million.

Love that QBs are locked up long term.

Roster quality will be hurting down the line 100%

All teams with highly paid QBs will hurt their rosters sometime after their extension.

We wont be seeing that for a couple of years which is good...but 3 years from now if we dont have a superbowl ring....the team wont be any better than it is now, makes it harder to win.

Things that will help, keep the roster sound:

Vets taking discounts to stay or come and join the team for a run. 

Allen taking discounts.

Drafting hit after hit.

• Like (+1) 1