Jump to content

“I’m glad to be here in Buffalo and I’m glad to be playing with Josh because the kid’s elite.” - Kumerow


eball
 Share

Recommended Posts

That comment really stuck with me when I read it this morning.  Jake’s response came after he was asked about Aaron Rodgers calling him the “2nd best receiver on the roster” when he was cut by Green Bay last year (it’s one of the many things Rodgers had his panties twisted about).

 

What resonates is “the kid’s elite.”  That is how Josh Allen is now viewed by players in the NFL.  During Rodgers’ recent interview he said that players come to Green Bay “to play with me.”  Well, guess what.  They’re coming to Buffalo to play with Josh, too.

 

We’ve got an elite QB who will be, God-willing, running the show in Buffalo for the next 10-15 years.  Enjoy it while we can.

 

Edit:  mods, please do not move this to the Kumerow thread.  It is about Josh, not Kumerow.

 

 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 25 year search for "the guy" has ended. It was painful beyond measure and the main reason for our extended playoff drought. We had some really good defenses in that time, but never the right guy at the helm to bring the offense together. Now we have that and not only is he good, he's on the verge of being absolutely great. For Kumerow to say this, and comments by guys like Sanders, means it is absolutely legit. Kumerow played with a future HOF'er, 3 time MVP, and SB winning QB in Aaron Rodgers. Sanders has played with Manning, Brees, and Roethlisberger. These guys haven't been playing with 2nd tier QB's over the years. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Kinda hard to believe they were in a QB competition against one another.

 

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yep. And Peterman won the job lol

A bit misleading there. If the brass believed so much in Peterman, why did they move up multiple times to draft Allen? And Allen was NOT in a competition in his rookie TC. The plan was to bring him along slowly. The competition was between Peterman and McCarron. Allen did not take any first team reps.  But with Peterman unable to find the right color jersies (FYI - Peterman's first pass of 2018 TC was a pick six - sometimes TC can tell a lot), Allen was thrust into the fire.

 

No revisionist history please. Nobody puts Josh in a corner, least of all Peterman!

 

2 hours ago, eball said:

That comment really stuck with me when I read it this morning.  Jake’s response came after he was asked about Aaron Rodgers calling him the “2nd best receiver on the roster” when he was cut by Green Bay last year (it’s one of the many things Rodgers had his panties twisted about).

 

What resonates is “the kid’s elite.”  That is how Josh Allen is now viewed by players in the NFL.  During Rodgers’ recent interview he said that players come to Green Bay “to play with me.”  Well, guess what.  They’re coming to Buffalo to play with Josh, too.

 

We’ve got an elite QB who will be, God-willing, running the show in Buffalo for the next 10-15 years.  Enjoy it while we can.

 

Edit:  mods, please do not move this to the Kumerow thread.  It is about Josh, not Kumerow.

 

 

nice find - it is telling when Rodgers has the hots for Kumerow, but Kumerow is now Josh's Girl!! (Ode to Jessie's Girl!)

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steps to make the Bills as a fringe player. 

 

Step 1: Compliment the franchise QB

 

Step 2: Make a positive comment about Buffalo and Carolina.

 

Step 3: Insist blue cheese is better

 

Kumerow still has his work cut out for him to make the team 

Edited by DJB
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Kinda hard to believe they were in a QB competition against one another.

 

When Allen got drafted all of the "experts" said he had the most talent/potential but he also could benefit by sitting for a year. But the Bills ****ed up their QB situation so bad with Peterman/McCarron that Allen was thrown out there in a sink or swim type of situation.  Considering the offensive talent around him he did about as well as could be expected.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Since Kumerow is a good gunner….maybe we don’t need Taiwan Jones.  

I agree. I've felt like in this camp it would come down to Kumerow vs. Jones for one of the final roster spots. This also would likely mean trying to keep Hodgins on the practice squad (hopefully).

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

 

A bit misleading there. If the brass believed so much in Peterman, why did they move up multiple times to draft Allen? And Allen was NOT in a competition in his rookie TC. The plan was to bring him along slowly. The competition was between Peterman and McCarron. Allen did not take any first team reps.  But with Peterman unable to find the right color jersies (FYI - Peterman's first pass of 2018 TC was a pick six - sometimes TC can tell a lot), Allen was thrust into the fire.

 

No revisionist history please. Nobody puts Josh in a corner, least of all Peterman!

 

nice find - it is telling when Rodgers has the hots for Kumerow, but Kumerow is now Josh's Girl!! (Ode to Jessie's Girl!)

We were just having fun with it buddy. I know there was a lot more to the situation than "peterman beat out Allen ". 
 

Nevertheless, your description is right on point with the situation.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm telling you, Kumerow will be a very tough waive, if that's what we have to do. I would suggest keeping seven WRs but we are no doubt going to carry AT LEAST ten DL and that alone will make it difficult to build a roster. It very well could be 11.

Thats why some theorizing that Jerry Hughes will be traded. I really can't see anyone taking him or him playing for another team. I think he would just retire. But the defensive line, in a way, it's a mess. I don't think we can go with only three tackles. If we're to waive Butler or Addison, we are basically paying them anyway....So four DTs and six DE's? 

At DT: Star and Ed, with two of the following three:  Harrison, Butler and Zimmer. I have no idea which two....

At DE: Addison and Jerry, AJ, Groot, Efe And Boogie. That's six locks (I think) and Efe, Boogie and Groot will move inside a lot. Although we absolutely need four real DTs to rotate to stop the run game.

I can't see any way we keep the three DTs (Zimmer, Harry And Butler). One has to go.... Butler is the biggest and strongest and has the most guaranteed money. Zimmer plays the lowest, plays with power and speed. Harry can play both tackle spots, he bleeds process, is a great human being  but how is his twice operated on knee? I say the Bills keep the best run stoppers and that might be Harry and Butler depending on their training camps and ultimately Harry's knee I think. The loser will be a highly sought after PS player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allen got complimented by a guy who got complimented by Rogers.

 

Josh Allen:


"Kumerow gave a great speech. That's the word on the street, anyway. And I entertained Kumerow to no end with my touchdown story, so I captivated the guy who captivated Aaron Rogers. Can you believe that? Aaron Rogers."

 

 

 

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Haha (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Allen got complimented by a guy who got complimented by Rogers.

 

Josh Allen:


"Kumerow gave a great speech. That's the word on the street, anyway. And I entertained Kumerow to no end with my touchdown story, so I captivated the guy who captivated Aaron Rogers. Can you believe that? Aaron Rogers."

 

 

 

Love it. That episode is great.  Michael's neediness was on full display!

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...