Biden fumbles pandemic cure

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

You’re way further along than I am due to your profession. I understand the frustration but we’re dealing with children here. The minute Biden isn’t out there pushing vaccinations, they’ll claim he’s committing genocide on red states.

Don’t believe me?

Yep and when kids get sick and die it kills me.  But it’s on their parents at this point.  The data is out there, the evidence in favor of vaccinations and such are out there. If I could, I would place kids in protective custody if there parents are so stupid hat they expose them.  But that’s not how things work so unfortunately kids will die or have lifelong complications because their parents were so mind numbingly dumb.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Don’t be a clown! EVERYONE knows what they meant….EVERYONE 

You don’t or you would not have wrote what you wrote.  Facts matter.  Words matter.  I know the Trumpists had to spend 4 years always saying that’s not what he said or meant, but tough.  

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

A little over 300 kids under 17 have died from covid. I’m getting pretty sick of the “but the children” excuse. And I have a 4 year old.  

I hope your 4 year old stays well through this.  I hope you’re doing what needs to be done to help him or her do so.  

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You don’t or you would not have wrote what you wrote.  Facts matter.  Words matter.  I know the Trumpists had to spend 4 years always saying that’s not what he said or meant, but tough.  

So you're trying to tell America that Joe and Kamala thought Donald Trump was making vaccines in his basement.?  Those are the FACTS as they knew them?  This partisan crap has to stop. They OWN this now.

So you're trying to tell America that Joe and Kamala thought Donald Trump was making vaccines in his basement.?  Those are the FACTS as they knew them?  This partisan crap has to stop. They OWN this now.

Then you stop with the partisan crap.  You do it all the time.

Right now all sane people regardless of party or anything else that can separate folks should be in lockstep demanding people get vaccinated.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Then you stop with the partisan crap.  You do it all the time.

Right now all sane people regardless of party or anything else that can separate folks should be in lockstep demanding people get vaccinated.  

Ha!  Remember....you OWN this now.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

What the hell are you talking about?  I own this now?  We all own this now.  Wake the hell up.

Get off your soapbox .... I was vaccinated months ago.  The Democrats wanted control.  They have it now.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said: 

I hope your 4 year old stays well through this.  I hope you’re doing what needs to be done to help him or her do so.  

And what exactly would that be? Throw a mask on him and keep him in a bubble? He’s in group daycare. There are protocols but I can’t control a damn thing about what anyone else there is doing. Nor do I care quite frankly. Because I’m capable of realizing that the risk of my 4 year old dying or even becoming severely ill from covid is incredibly small. The damage that was done to young and school aged kids during this whole thing will far surpass the damage the virus actually did to them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Get off your soapbox .... I was vaccinated months ago.  The Democrats wanted control.  They have it now.  Enjoy the ride.

As if I’m a Democrat.  They own it, they have made vaccines available to everyone.  It’s the idiots who won’t get it that are killing the country.  How is that Biden’s fault?  

At least he didn’t knowingly lie to the American people about the pandemic like his predecessor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As if I’m a Democrat.  They own it, they have made vaccines available to everyone.  It’s the idiots who won’t get it that are killing the country.  How is that Biden’s fault?  

At least he didn’t knowingly lie to the American people about the pandemic like his predecessor.

Hahahaha!  Unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

And what exactly would that be? Throw a mask on him and keep him in a bubble? He’s in group daycare. There are protocols but I can’t control a damn thing about what anyone else there is doing. Nor do I care quite frankly. Because I’m capable of realizing that the risk of my 4 year old dying or even becoming severely ill from covid is incredibly small. The damage that was done to young and school aged kids during this whole thing will far surpass the damage the virus actually did to them. 

I hope he stays well.  The delta variant seems to be hitting younger people harder. I would be making sure the day car workers are vaccinated.  I’d check on ventilation and such.  

Losing a year of in person school was tough, but from what I’ve seen kids were more resilient over it than adults.

Hahahaha!  Unbelievable. 

Oh Trump didn’t lie?  Woodward’s interview.

So you’re the smart guy.  What should Biden do?  Should he mandate vaccines?  Because you know what you’d say to that.

Effing hypocrites.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So you’re the smart guy.  What should Biden do?  Should he mandate vaccines?  Because you know what you’d say to that.

Effing hypocrites.

Not a chance OldMan.  There's no way I'm bailing out Uncle Joe now. He wanted the Office and all the authority that comes with it.  So now he has it....and both Houses of Congress.  Enjoy the ride.

And regarding hypocrisy...I've actually been trying to be consistent throughout all of this. As I've said, I got a vaccination months ago.  But people in this country are free.  They can and will make their own decisions in due time....and I trust that they will. As I've been consistently saying on here for weeks now.....R E L A X. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not a chance OldMan.  There's no way I'm bailing out Uncle Joe now. He wanted the Office and all the authority that comes with it.  So now he has it....and both Houses of Congress.  Enjoy the ride.

And regarding hypocrisy...I've actually been trying to be consistent throughout all of this. As I've said, I got a vaccination months ago.  But people in this country are free.  They can and will make their own decisions in due time....and I trust that they will. As I've been consistently saying on here for weeks now.....R E L A X. 

Of course you won’t.  

Here’s a hint…..stop trying to guilt everyone into getting vaccinated….that message is making it  WORSE!

I said above open things up.  Let companies and places of business mandate vaccinations.  Let the stupid people get it.  They did, they die.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I said above open things up.  Let companies and places of business mandate vaccinations.  Let the stupid people get it.  They did, they die.  

How many people have died in the past week from the delta virus? Or more specifically, how many children have died from it the past week?

It’s funny how we used to hear everyday how many people died from covid. Now, all you hear about are cases, why is that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Please tell all of those on here who want name call, browbeat, etc

That strategy isn’t working. 
Just like the first round of vaccines, the next subset of Americans will get the vaccine when THEY are ready. Nobody mandated me to get it…I decided to of my own FREE WILL. (A concept that is rapidly losing ground.). So tell President Biden to change the message…he’s in charge now! 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

As one who works in health care I should be behind trying to protect all, have vaccinated people wear masks so they can’t transmit to in infected.  But I’m done.

Open things up at this point.  Let employers and businesses make their decisions on mandating vaccinations.  And if you are so goddamned stupid to not get a vaccine, then go ahead, get infected and die.  If you are so goddamned stupid to put your kids at risk and they die, figure out how you’ll explain that to you family and your God.

We can no longer allow the stupid minority in this country to dictate terms.  They know the risks; if they get sick and die so be it.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

They said they would not trust Trump if he said it worked, but that they’d trust the FDA and the scientists.  Facts matter.

Sure, facts matter.  During the height of the COVID epidemic and lockdowns (for the compliant only, of course), as Trump lead the federal response to COVID, held daily press conferences alongside captains of the pharmaceutical industry and other business leaders, it seems perfectly logical that your leadership group --Biden, Harris, Cuomo, Schumer et al---thought that Trump was creating the vaccine using his Oldmanfan™ Junior Chemistry Set in the basement of the White House.   Here is the only fact that matters--they spoke against the vaccine, for purely partisan political gain, often to the most vulnerable population in their voting bloc--and they were tremendously successful at promoting vaccine hesitancy. 

Now of course, you are frustrated people don't believe in the gospel you're spreading. The problem you have is people can spot bullsh&t and inconsistency, and even when the messaging is on point, confidence in what you're selling is lost.  

The amount of partisan water you carry for these sh8tstains is incredible, especially in light of your somewhat radicalized view of how the vaccination process should play out.  You're a prime example of why an individual should not trust anyone blindly, regardless of accomplishments real or imagined.   

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TSOL said:

My post was advocating we all take responsibility for ourselves. I apologize for not communicating that better to you, my bad. 

11 hours ago, TSOL said:

My post was advocating we all take responsibility for ourselves. I apologize for not communicating that better to you, my bad. 

You could hit Tibs in the face with a 2x4 while stating tour case and he still wouldn't get it.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I hope he stays well.  The delta variant seems to be hitting younger people harder. I would be making sure the day car workers are vaccinated.  I’d check on ventilation and such.  

Losing a year of in person school was tough, but from what I’ve seen kids were more resilient over it than adults.

Oh Trump didn’t lie?  Woodward’s interview.

Effing hypocrites.

Please explain, preferably with sources. 

9 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Please explain, preferably with sources. 

I can explain why old man believes that the Delta is hitting the younger harder. He reads CNN too much and believes there coverage of the New Orleans Mayor and others who have pointed out that the younger are now more likely to be I'll as a percent of those ill. It is true as a percent not as a whole number.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I can explain why old man believes that the Delta is hitting the younger harder. He reads CNN too much and believes there coverage of the New Orleans Mayor and others who have pointed out that the younger are now more likely to be I'll as a percent of those ill. It is true as a percent not as a whole number.

I would recommend everyone regardless of their views to examine COVID stats found at cdc.gov rather than relying on anecdotal stories.  

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I believe the American Academy of Pediatrics supports my contention.  I also have heard physicians interviewed who indicate they have a higher number of younger people being hospitalized.  You are correct that it is a higher percentage.  The data as I understand it is that the delta variant is more infectious, and given that children under 12 are not able to be vaccinated yet the math would indicate the percentage of children infected rises, as you suggest.  I would disagree with that not meaning the whole number would change.

What we can all hope is that, while the delta variant seems to be more infectious, it may not have as serious effects on infected individuals.  We’ll have to see how that shakes out.

45 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I would recommend everyone regardless of their views to examine COVID stats found at cdc.gov rather than relying on anecdotal stories.  

I looked at the American Association of Pediatrics website; they have a document on state rates of infection which I tried to copy here but it wouldn’t load from my phone for some reason.  The data as I read it indicates higher infection rates in children over the past month or two.  Whether that is going to translate to higher morbidity and mortality rates we’ll have to see.  Let’s hope not.

NEW YORK POST: Ignore the hysteria: It’s time to move past COVID, America.

Let’s face it: The CDC and its public-health peers have been disaster shows all pandemic long (recall the test it insisted was the only acceptable one, until it turned out to not work?), but the failing has reached the level that the only rational thing to do is to not take its hopeless advice as gospel. Be sensible, but don’t let the scaremongering stop you living your life.

The risk of death or hospitalization for anyone who’s gotten jabbed remains very, very low.

Kids under 12 are also extremely safe.

And, yes, even a single shot of the two-step Moderna and Pfizer jabs does a world of good.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/31/ignore-the-hysteria-its-time-to-move-past-covid-america/

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

point.jpg

RUH-ROH, trouble in Biden-ville: Biden admin and CDC pointing fingers at one another for complete SCREW UP with addressing Delta variant

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/08/02/ruh-roh-trouble-in-biden-ville-biden-admin-and-cdc-pointing-fingers-at-one-another-for-complete-screw-up-with-addressing-delta-variant/

I didn't read it yet - I'm going to assume in the article someone is blaming Trump for firing people at the far left CDC.....if not that will most definitely be the knee jerk reaction by the low info sheep.

• Like (+1) 1

7 day average of new US cases is now twice a bad as this time last year…  after 6 months with a vaccine and all the natural immunity from survivors. 

Biden’s pandemic plan is looking to be to inherit a vaccine, botch the roll out and then start blaming governors.  

Beautiful. Who knew a vote for Biden was a vote for even more incompetence than we’d already seen. 

On 7/30/2021 at 3:06 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

A little over 300 kids under 17 have died from covid. I’m getting pretty sick of the “but the children” excuse. And I have a 4 year old.  

Leftists will always use children as their ideological human shields.  It's constant.  Just waiting for a COVID version of Greta to drop.  And Greta was a climate change version of David Hogg.  And David Hogg was a gun control version of...well you get the point.

• Like (+1) 1

I won’t blame Trump for his handling of the pandemic, and I won’t blame Biden.   Insofar as neither has been able to gain a handle on the virus. 

Both made/are making plenty of mistakes. 

This is a worldwide issue.  We’re not alone in struggling.  

That being said, Trump lost the election over his COVID handling, and Biden was elected to handle it better…. So far, he is absolutely not handling it better. 

And now we get to add authoritarian measures and class warfare to the list. If Biden and progressive leaders continue to go down this path, he will divide the country… potentially, beyond repair. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I won’t blame Trump for his handling of the pandemic, and I won’t blame Biden.   Insofar as neither has been able to gain a handle on the virus. 

Both made/are making plenty of mistakes. 

This is a worldwide issue.  We’re not alone in struggling.  

That being said, Trump lost the election over his COVID handling, and Biden was elected to handle it better…. So far, he is absolutely not handling it better. 

And now we get to add authoritarian measures and class warfare to the list. If Biden and progressive leaders continue to go down this path, he will divide the country… potentially, beyond repair. 

The problem isn't so much "getting a handle" as it is the obvious insincerity in the efforts. 70% plus of eligible Americans have gotten at least one shot. That was the stated goal.  If vaccination is *actually* a priority we could easily force a vaccine mandate on inbound foreign travelers to the US air, land, and sea crossings. But we aren't.  Instead we get hundreds of thousands of people pouring in monthly with no restrictions on their behavior from the government who has TOTAL CONTROL over entry policy.

Unvaccinated Americans represent approximately 2.5% of all unvaccinated individuals in the world. Yet everything is their fault.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Which pandemic are we on?

Covid or Delta?  

Feels like calm rational logical leadership is necessary here and should be easy enough.  You know especially since that's what you allegedly ran on.

Unless or course they can't do that bc they know this is all bull ..

Edited by Big Blitz

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Which pandemic are we on?

Covid or Delta?  

Feels like calm rational logical leadership is necessary here and should be easy enough.  You know especially since that's what you allegedly ran on.

Unless or course they can't do that bc they know this is all bull ..

You are garbage of a “human.” 

You belittled a child’s death on the day it happened to score points on a football board.

11 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You belittled a child’s death on the day it happened to score points on a football board.

Maybe if you post this a 3rd 4th and 5th time I'll respond.  

Troll harder this isn't good enough.  

29 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

wow. billstime ver 1.6.3.0??

Yeah, applaud his behavior and laugh it up. A child died and he rushed to make light of it. Funny stuff you piece of trash. 

48 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe if you post this a 3rd 4th and 5th time I'll respond.  

Troll harder this isn't good enough.  

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Yeah, applaud his behavior and laugh it up. A child died and he rushed to make light of it. Funny stuff you piece of trash. 

Oh shut up you freakin hypocrite