Biden fumbles pandemic cure

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re wasting your time here. @BillStime doesn’t even know how big pharma R&D works.  That the nearly $1b the Trump Administration sent to Pfizer was a “reimbursement” for the $1b they spent out of pocket for the R&D.  I think he cried when he realized Trump was responsible for paying for his shot.  😂

You know this is a very good point.  This pretty much proves that there would still have been 600,000 Covid (🙄) deaths in 2020 even if Biden (or anyone else) was elected in 2016. 

Well maybe not 600,000. They may have not tallied things like being killed in a car wreck the day after testing positive as a “Covid death”. 🙄

You love picking at a scab don’t you? You want me to pull up our LAST exchange on this and how you refused to answer questions because it

highlighted your ignorance? 

More than willing to do so

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You love picking at a scab don’t you? You want me to pull up our LAST exchange on this and how you refused to answer questions because it

highlighted your ignorance? 

More than willing to do so

Sure go ahead.  Bring it up again. And referring to yourself as a scab is kinda weird but whatever. 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh I will Jim - and next we will revisit your inability to read a graph. 

No now dude. What’s the hold up?  

Regarding the graph.  Sorry you lost that one too.  The graphs made my point very well. Does losing so much hurt?  Oh wait.  All those years as a Bills fan prepared you for this. 

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No now dude. What’s the hold up?  

Regarding the graph.  Sorry you lost that one too.  The graphs made my point very well. Does losing so much hurt?  Oh wait.  All those years as a Bills fan prepared you for this. 

You lost Jim - those graphs did NOT support your claim. It did just the opposite - repost those graphs with your explicit analysis 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You lost Jim - those graphs did NOT support your claim. It did just the opposite - repost those graphs with your explicit analysis 

My point was that even though VT has by far the highest vaccination rate it’s per capita spike was (though less) similar to that of AL which has the lowest vaccination rate.  You do realize that AL has nearly 10 times the population of VT right? 

Edited by Chef Jim

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My point was that even though VT has by far the highest vaccination rate it’s per capita spike was (though less) similar to that of AL which has the lowest vaccination rate.  You do realize that AL has nearly 10 times the population of VT right? 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He either does and is being disingenuous or doesn't and is ignorant.  Neither of which is a good look.

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Mu poit was that even though VT has by far the highest vaccination rate it’s per capita spike was (though less) similar to that of AL which has the lowest vaccination rate.  You do realize that AL has nearly 10 times the population of VT right? 

Jim pushing the goal posts to make up for his poor argument

• Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. That was my point all along. Show me how it’s wrong. 

looking at the latest per capita cases:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

VT and AL are not at all alike. AL is now at 93 per capita, in the 7 day rolling average, where as VT is way at the bottom at 23. VT looks to have kept a flatter line pre-vaccine.

Further, we’ve seen if you get the vaccine you’re less likely to die even if you get a breakthrough. We see that in the data as well with AL and VT:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html

AL has a 0.55 deaths per 100,000 whereas VT is 0.09.

VT is 68 percent vaxxed.

AL is 36.8 percent vaxxed.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

looking at the latest per capita cases:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

VT and AL are not at all alike. AL is now at 93 per capita, in the 7 day rolling average, where as VT is way at the bottom at 23. VT looks to have kept a flatter line pre-vaccine.

Further, we’ve seen if you get the vaccine you’re less likely to die even if you get a breakthrough. We see that in the data as well with AL and VT:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html

AL has a 0.55 deaths per 100,000 whereas VT is 0.09.

VT is 68 percent vaxxed.

AL is 36.8 percent vaxxed.

Correct.  See Billsy. This is how you make an argument.  And my point was we are looking at the best and the worst regarding vaccinations.  And VT’s line does NOT look flatter at all!  That was my point 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Correct.  See Billsy. This is how you make an argument.  And my point was we are looking at the best and the worst regarding vaccinations.  And VT’s line does NOT look flatter at all!  That was my point 

It does though. The per capita rate of infection is much lower in VT. The per capita rate of death is much lower too.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It does though. The per capita rate of infection is much lower in VT. The per capita rate of death is much lower too.

I also think we need to look at is the rate of increase in cases from pre-Delta to now.  I don’t have time to look at that now.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Yeah but since January 20th, the governors are now completely responsible for their states' Wuhan virus cases and deaths.  Well, Republican governors.  Well, just Ron DeSantis.

:rolleyes: 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

The unvaccinated have botched the pandemic ,unless the horse dewormer works for them.

Totally uniformed.  I’m fully vaccinated since April.  Tested positive Thursday and sick as hell right now.  Demented Biden has lost control due to his dementia.  Should check his watch again.  

What

A

Mess

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

The unvaccinated have botched the pandemic ,unless the horse dewormer works for them.

It appears to have worked in India.  Curiously, the demise of the Delta variant there coincided with the use of the cheap, plentiful, and easy to produce medication.  In Indian States where it was used the case rates plummeted while in States where it wasn't they continued to rise.  The course of treatment was when a family or household member tested positive all the household members would be put on the treatment.  To prevent the infection more than to treat it.  Evidence and results suggest that strategy may have been the solution there as the Delta outbreak is under control.  Not so much in the U.S. it seems.  But who gets rich off a 50 cent solution to the outbreak?  Not the exec's at Pfizer that's for sure.  Or the big hospital systems.  Or the politicians spreading fear to gain power.      

Now I don't know for sure whether the "horse de-wormer" turned the tide of the outbreak in India or if it was some other factor.  But what's funny is how in the U.S. all the low cost potential solutions are so easily dismissed and discredited while the most expensive and complex solutions are always pursued.  In the investment world the concerns about the vaccine producers was that the revenue and profits were one shot events because after everyone is vaccinated that's it.  But now booster shots!  Problem solved!

And apparently all the useful idiots, being the least informed people on the planet, would prefer to mock and casually dismiss potential solutions and advocate for the big pharma companies and continue with all sorts of social restrictions rather than take a serious look at alternatives.  I find the lack of curiosity and willingness to entertain alternatives disturbing.  Along with a conclusion that we're being led by narrow minded intellectual bigots and idiots.  If we had leaders that were capable of actual intelligent thinking the problem would be over by now.     

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Irv said:

Totally uniformed.  I’m fully vaccinated since April.  Tested positive Thursday and sick as hell right now.  Demented Biden has lost control due to his dementia.  Should check his watch again.  

I'm sorry to read that. The vaccine is not 100% effective but if it saves your life it's well worth it.

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It appears to have worked in India.  Curiously, the demise of the Delta variant there coincided with the use of the cheap, plentiful, and easy to produce medication.  In Indian States where it was used the case rates plummeted while in States where it wasn't they continued to rise.  The course of treatment was when a family or household member tested positive all the household members would be put on the treatment.  To prevent the infection more than to treat it.  Evidence and results suggest that strategy may have been the solution there as the Delta outbreak is under control.  Not so much in the U.S. it seems.  But who gets rich off a 50 cent solution to the outbreak?  Not the exec's at Pfizer that's for sure.  Or the big hospital systems.  Or the politicians spreading fear to gain power.      

Now I don't know for sure whether the "horse de-wormer" turned the tide of the outbreak in India or if it was some other factor.  But what's funny is how in the U.S. all the low cost potential solutions are so easily dismissed and discredited while the most expensive and complex solutions are always pursued.  In the investment world the concerns about the vaccine producers was that the revenue and profits were one shot events because after everyone is vaccinated that's it.  But now booster shots!  Problem solved!

And apparently all the useful idiots, being the least informed people on the planet, would prefer to mock and casually dismiss potential solutions and advocate for the big pharma companies and continue with all sorts of social restrictions rather than take a serious look at alternatives.  I find the lack of curiosity and willingness to entertain alternatives disturbing.  Along with a conclusion that we're being led by narrow minded intellectual bigots and idiots.  If we had leaders that were capable of actual intelligent thinking the problem would be over by now.     

It can be nothing other than ivermectin.  To date only 1/8th of their population has been fully vaccinated.

55 minutes ago, Irv said:

Get a fingertip oxygen / pulse rate device from drug store , amazon or medical supply store.. I used it for irregular heart beat but it shows oxygen level. Normal is high 90's , 85% or less not good. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

What

A

Mess

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Irv said:

What

A

Mess

Feel better Irv. Your vax status gives me hope it will be a mild impact. 

Ps… WAM

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, ALF said:

Get a fingertip oxygen / pulse rate device from drug store , amazon or medical supply store.. I used it for irregular heart beat but it shows oxygen level. Normal is high 90's , 85% or less not good. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I have it. So far been above 95%.  Appreciate the kind words.  This no joke. This whole virus seems like chaos to me. Nobody seems to actually knows what is true and not.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Irv said:

I have it. So far been above 95%.  Appreciate the kind words.  This no joke. This whole virus seems like chaos to me. Nobody seems to actually knows what is true and not.  

Look into 
Monoclonal Antibodies by Regeneron , seen a news report of a vaccinated dr who caught covid , high fever but felt much better after treatment, very recent case.

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Are you sure? I think a Republican governor was advocating this.

A friend who tested positive the same time I did had a one on one with his doctor and the Monoclonal Antibody Therapy two days after his positive test.  He felt great the next day.  He lives in Alaska.  My useless doctor in Rochester NY agreed to do a telemed with me eight days after my positive.  Blew off the meeting and haven't heard back since despite multiple calls.   There is so much variation in facts (efficacy, boosters, treament, masks, 3-6-9 feet distance, etc.)  Who the hell do you trust?  

Follow up 2 hours later: 

I was randomly bouncing about the interwebs and found the video below.  I don't know this guy from Adam.  He seems like some bass fisherman from the south.  I get the sense he was not vaccinated and learned his lesson.  But he has some really good, non-political points that if you get COVID might help you.  Twenty-five minutes.  Worth a watch.    

Edited by Irv