Biden fumbles pandemic cure

9 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Wait til the 'we cut off our noses to get rid of trump ' high wears off.

It has for most.  That approval rating is Rs and Is.  it will move down further as some Ds realize what they've done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Fumbling, bumbling, stumbling...

Based on the Trump rule that the president is directly responsible, Biden is now responsible for 220k+ covid deaths. He is sure to eclipse the former record of 400k in a few months. That is with a vaccine and a plan mind you. 

Does he understand lower is better with metric? I’m not sure 🤔 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Based on the Trump rule that the president is directly responsible, Biden is now responsible for 220k+ covid deaths. He is sure to eclipse the former record of 400k in a few months. That is with a vaccine and a plan mind you. 

Does he understand lower is better with metric? I’m not sure 🤔 

But these deaths are different.....sumpin sumpin.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t drink beer often but this reminds me of a good Lagunitas I once had. 

the double standard is quite obnoxious isn’t  it? 

Lil Sumpin'   Lagunitas was one of my favs when I drank.  

The double standard from both sides is obnoxious.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:21 PM, Governor said:

The only thing Team Biden misjudged so far is just how incredibly stupid the average American is. He had to go on TV today and address these people like they’re 5 year olds and he’ll probably have to continue doing that and be everyone’s father over the coming weeks. 

However, the CDC made a terrible mistake lifting masks. Some of us knew that the day it happened. The masks should’ve never come off. Now they have to change it back.

Biden can’t be concerned with vaccinated people being sad about putting a mask on. He’s the president of the whole country and he can’t just let millions of pig-faced, southern mutants kill themselves on his watch.

With freedom comes responsibility.

Can't tell your a yankee can we now ? "Pig Faced southern mutants" i would ask where your from but i wouldn't want the intelligent people from your area to be embarrassed !!

I can bet you don't say that when your out from behind the computer screen because if you come down south and say that because some red neck will give you a ass whooping for sure .

I beg to differ on your statement of "the only thing team Biden misjudged so far" the only thing they have misjudged is just about every move they've made to this point !! 

Just look around and you'll see it weather you admit it is another totally different thing 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, T master said:

Can't tell your a yankee can we now ? "Pig Faced southern mutants" i would ask where your from but i wouldn't want the intelligent people from your area to be embarrassed !!

I can bet you don't say that when your out from behind the computer screen because if you come down south and say that because some red neck will give you a ass whooping for sure .

I beg to differ on your statement of "the only thing team Biden misjudged so far" the only thing they have misjudged is just about every move they've made to this point !! 

Just look around and you'll see it weather you admit it is another totally different thing 

https://www.popsci.com/feral-pig-problem/

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

8 month booster shot? Can someone explain that science? 

Maybe for the most at risk here, yes it is easy to explain. We should be shipping the vaccines all over the globe to get others vaccinated. If we want to save lives and prevent mutations, makes much more sense to give vaccines to places with worse health care and prevention options. Unfortunately, we're in a "me first" mindset and encouraging people with 90% efficacy (some show more, some less) from the vaccine to boost it to 95-98. Massive expense for little gain. 

Much more gain from shipping it out or shooting people like Chef Jim with blow guns as they go to the store.  

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Maybe for the most at risk here, yes it is easy to explain. We should be shipping the vaccines all over the globe to get others vaccinated. If we want to save lives and prevent mutations, makes much more sense to give vaccines to places with worse health care and prevention options. Unfortunately, we're in a "me first" mindset and encouraging people with 90% efficacy (some show more, some less) from the vaccine to boost it to 95-98. Massive expense for little gain. 

Much more gain from shipping it out or shooting people like Chef Jim with blow guns as they go to the store.  

Why would you want to shoot me?  

Prevent mutations.  😂

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

So we’re still at 90 percent at the 8 month mark?

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

That’s what I thought. Boosters just sound like a new goalpost. Getting unvaccinated around the globe some statistically elevated protection makes a whole lot more sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That’s what I thought. Boosters just sound like a new goalpost. Getting unvaccinated around the globe some statistically elevated protection makes a whole lot more sense. 

The best use of vaccine is vaccinate at risk people everywhere, then work your way down to the rest. That's a supply chain problem that can't be solved easily. So the next best use is to vaccinate the unvaccinated and perhaps boost the most high risk folk. 

Boosting non-at risk people gives you a negligible gain compared to vaccinating unvaccinated and at risk folk. 

10 hours ago, Governor said:

So we’re still at 90 percent at the 8 month mark?

Moderna reports 93% through 6. Pfizer 84% through 8. I haven't seen J&J that I can recall. So pretty close to 90%. 

If you adjust for age, it's well over 90 for under 65. 

They are recommending boosters because Delta is circulating so effectively and winter is coming. Clearly the best use of the vaccine would be to shoot up unvaccinated and older. But if unvaccinated continue to want to get Covid, the vaccinated can use the doses to give themselves that extra 7-8% boost with menial risk of issues. Moderna and Pfizer are testing Delta specific mRNA vaccines now BTW. mRNA technology is incredible. 

And then there's this today: https://www.ft.com/content/49641651-e10a-45f6-a7cc-8b8c7b7a9710?shareType=nongift

Edited by Sundancer

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Seems to be a typical reaction to every blunder he has made since taking office he won't stand and face the music if there isn't a script written that he can read .

But like a bunch of others when the camera's aren't on him he blames Trump go figure Grow some balls Joe !! 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Seems to be a typical reaction to every blunder he has made since taking office he won't stand and face the music if there isn't a script written that he can read .

But like a bunch of others when the camera's aren't on him he blames Trump go figure Grow some balls Joe !! 

No script and his handlers know he'd fly off the handle and look no better than Trump did so they told him to just slink away.  But at least Trump stayed for questions.

Edited by Doc

13 hours ago, Governor said:

Another typical answer when called out for your Pres. actions I'm not really surprised .

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No script and his handlers know he'd fly off the handle and look no better than Trump did.  But at least Trump stayed for questions.

That's what happens when your nuts drop as a teen you man up and face the music and like a man try to give a competent answer but Joe is still waiting for his to drop not to mention he has trouble remembering where he S**T last ...

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, T master said:

What did you expect? As a general rule Senators are not in the question answering business. They’re in the question ASKING business. So if you’d been a Senator for half a century and nobody ever asked you a difficult question you can imagine how flustered and perturbed you’d be. He’s a DISASTER!  

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1

Demented Biden has no idea where he is or what's going on, unless told.  The he forgets in 4 seconds.  He was always a dummy. Now the dementia is making it worse.  Totaly botching the pandemic.  Practically throwing gas on the anti-vax fire with his ineptitude.  This clown was unfit to be President 10 years ago.  Now with his mush brain we'd be better off with cumquat for a President.  WAM.    

On 8/20/2021 at 7:10 AM, BillStime said:

Meanwhile

Good thing the former POTUS set up the vaccine fast track as soon as he did so Joe could reap the benefits because that's about the only positive thing he's got going for him to this point . 

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Good thing the former POTUS set up the vaccine fast track as soon as he did so Joe could reap the benefits because that's about the only positive thing he's got going for him to this point .

Yeah but people are still getting infected and dying and Joey was elected to stop it.  Again proving that Hilly/a Dem would have done no better than Trump did with the pandemic.

2 minutes ago, T master said:

You’re wasting your time here. @BillStime doesn’t even know how big pharma R&D works.  That the nearly $1b the Trump Administration sent to Pfizer was a “reimbursement” for the $1b they spent out of pocket for the R&D.  I think he cried when he realized Trump was responsible for paying for his shot.  😂

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but people are still getting infected and dying and Joey was elected to stop it.  Again proving that Hilly/a Dem would have done no better than Trump did with the pandemic.

You know this is a very good point.  This pretty much proves that there would still have been 600,000 Covid (🙄) deaths in 2020 even if Biden (or anyone else) was elected in 2016. 

Well maybe not 600,000. They may have not tallied things like being killed in a car wreck the day after testing positive as a “Covid death”. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yah but to get anyone that voted for Joe to admit his incompetents in any way alls you get is one word answers like "Sore losers" - "where's the Proof" at least those that voted the other way can admit when the person they voted for was doing stupid crap.

As far as people still dying the cure had to start some where and although things are where they are the data will hopefully put the medical community in a spot to make advancements on finding something better to treat it .

The quick decision to get a plan in place and move forward the way the previous POTUS did will never be hailed as something good even though the current POTUS is claiming any positive from the previous administrations quick decisions to get a plan in place which this POTUS has no fore thought in any decisions he's made .

Where's the proof ? I say to those who can't see the forest for the trees Just open your eyes & look !! 

But again try to get anyone that voted for this man to actually look at what he has done with out the rose colored glasses reply and in any way give even the slightest acknowledgment that something good came from decisions made prior to Joe taking office will be impossible because stupid is as stupid does !!

And even though a little bit of something is better than a hole lot of nothing which is pretty much what we have now a little progress has been made !

But i do agree with you hole heartedly !! 

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re wasting your time here. @BillStime doesn’t even know how big pharma R&D works.  That the nearly $1b the Trump Administration sent to Pfizer was a “reimbursement” for the $1b they spent out of pocket for the R&D.  I think he cried when he realized Trump was responsible for paying for his shot.  😂

Fact-checking the battle for credit over Pfizer's vaccine announcement

It's true that Pfizer, unlike some other pharmaceutical companies, did not accept federal money for research into a coronavirus vaccine. Pfizer, unlike these competitors, is not getting payments up front even before proving its effort has been successful.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/fact-checking-the-battle-for-credit-over-pfizers-vaccine-announcement

Unless you have a update for this story

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

Fact-checking the battle for credit over Pfizer's vaccine announcement

It's true that Pfizer, unlike some other pharmaceutical companies, did not accept federal money for research into a coronavirus vaccine. Pfizer, unlike these competitors, is not getting payments up front even before proving its effort has been successful.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/fact-checking-the-battle-for-credit-over-pfizers-vaccine-announcement

Unless you have a update for this story

Ok time educate you too on how big pharma works.

They are typically “out of pocket” for R&D. They recoup those costs by selling their drugs on the open market.  That’s why some drugs are crazy expensive.   The US paid nearly $2b (sorry had my numbers wrong) when they purchased the initial rounds of doses.  So that money was used to “pay for” Pfizer’s R&D. You know, the R&D they “refused” to accept money from the US for.  So for all intents and purposes we paid for their R&D.