John McAfee, antivirus software creator, found dead in Spanish prison

T&C

1 hour ago, Augie said:

This story captures BOTH of the certainties in life!   

I honestly didn't know there was an actual guy by that name, much less to know he was in prison in Spain. 

Never used those products anyways.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Saw a Dateline episode about this guy one time.  Was a wild guy who lived an interesting life to say the least.

Saw the same episode.   There are two types of crazy people.  Ones who are so obviously crazy that everyone can tell they are sick.  Then there are guys like McAfee who are so narcissistic and charming that people are drawn into their madness for a time before figuring out the person is actually a nutball.   

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Saw the same episode.   There are two types of crazy people.  Ones who are so obviously crazy that everyone can tell they are sick.  Then there are guys like McAfee who are so narcissistic and charming that people are drawn into their madness for a time before figuring out the person is actually a nutball.   

You could be talking about a few of my exes

• Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Ran for President as a libertarian. Who knew.

I watched the Libertarian party debates in 2016 & came to the conclusion that he was out of his mind & I never wanted to buy anything from someone that bat *hit crazy. 

Anyone else with the headline "found dead in a Spanish prison" I'd be like "WHOOA, what happened?". But with McAfee, my initial response was "...that's it?"

This guy sure... lived life to it's fullest... to say the least. Certainly took the Cole Beasley advice of "rather die living", and usually made as much sense as that line. But so dumb to have to go out like that over wanting to avoid paying a little bit of taxes. I guess at 75 years, he had a good run.

91w9q6kxr3771.jpg

25 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Anyone else with the headline "found dead in a Spanish prison" I'd be like "WHOOA, what happened?". But with McAfee, my initial response was "...that's it?"

This guy sure... lived life to it's fullest... to say the least. Certainly took the Cole Beasley advice of "rather die living", and usually made as much sense as that line. But so dumb to have to go out like that over wanting to avoid paying a little bit of taxes. I guess at 75 years, he had a good run.

91w9q6kxr3771.jpg

I know there's some sarcasm here, but the guy died alone in prison. He did not have a good run. 😆

The run started great and then went spectacularly poorly. Epicly bad.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I know there's some sarcasm here, but the guy died alone in prison. He did not have a good run😆

It may have ended badly, but it was always going to end badly. And I'd say it ended far better than most expected it would. Quick, and relatively painless, and only after a short time behind bars.

After a 30 year run of paying underage girls to poop on you through a hammock, what more can you ask for?

But again, maybe just pay your taxes and not have to worry about it. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I know there's some sarcasm here, but the guy died alone in prison. He did not have a good run. 😆

He had a great run until he murdered his neighbors in Belize and fled the country.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.