Jump to content

Urban just can’t quit Tebow! (Update - Cut by Jags)


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

Beane is asleep at the wheel. 
We are all about position flexibility. 
A tight end who can sub at quarterback. We can keep 7 defensive ends AND Taiwan Jones. Trade Trubisky for multiple 1st rounders. 
This gives us so much room on the roster for activities step brothers bedroom GIF

Oooh dang I forgot the Knox haters.. Tebow has better hands too 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:


It was his old college coach just giving him a shot. I’m sure he was told that he was a long shot to make the team. I never had any problem with it

My thoughts as well, but there were some crying it was an injustice, he is "privileged", and all of that nonsense. Now that his former college coach dropped him during first cuts, which means he's really bad, now they can put away their soap boxes. 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just remember as you’re readying your slings and arrows for dancing on Tebow’s vacated roster spot, one Kelvin Benjamin was also on an NFL roster to start this TC year, and was let go for allegedly non-football related reasons. Bonus: isn’t Nate Peterman still in the NFL too?  I for one applaud Tebow’s effort, he’s a good dude on and off the field. 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just remember as you’re readying your slings and arrows for dancing on Tebow’s vacated roster spot, one Kelvin Benjamin was also on an NFL roster to start this TC year, and was let go for allegedly non-football related reasons. Bonus: isn’t Nate Peterman still in the NFL too?  I for one applaud Tebow’s effort, he’s a good dude on and off the field. 

Nate played the whole first Raiders preseason game and Zay Jones was his top target. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why all the Tebow hate?  All this guy ever did was want to play football and baseball.  It may have been smoke and mirrors, but he actually won a playoff game as a QB 10 years ago.  By all reports, a good guy and a good teammate, lives clean, so why the hate?  Rae Carruth didn't get this much hate.  I don't understand it.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont see it as desperation at all.   The guy doesnt have to play sports to make money, and he has enough cash not to have to work at all.   He may want to play sports, but he certainly doesnt have to.

None of us really know... a lot of guys with short NFL careers go back to being poor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s not poor.  He’ll be on Sunday morning evangelistic tv for years.  Not that I care as it’s a lot better than thug behavior.  I wish him nothing but the best.  Hopefully he does well with his next steps.  My guess is he’ll be in media for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Why all the Tebow hate?  All this guy ever did was want to play football and baseball.  It may have been smoke and mirrors, but he actually won a playoff game as a QB 10 years ago.  By all reports, a good guy and a good teammate, lives clean, so why the hate?  Rae Carruth didn't get this much hate.  I don't understand it.

And he will let you know he won that playoff game (with 316 yards..and the first TD happened at 3:16 pm...because, you know, John 3:16...and God was using him to preach to the world) until the day he dies 😄

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s not poor.  He’ll be on Sunday morning evangelistic tv for years.  Not that I care as it’s a lot better than thug behavior.  I wish him nothing but the best.  Hopefully he does well with his next steps.  My guess is he’ll be in media for a long time.

Yep, I can see it. You never really know, though.

  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Bottom line, he worked his ass off. I think it's a lesson we can all take something from.

So many have done the exact same thing (coming back to a camp in a last ditch effort to play). What's different about this that people haven't seen before? Unless you're talking about his whole football career....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

None of us really know... a lot of guys with short NFL careers go back to being poor.

I agree none of us have access to his bank account.  However, the guy had money from playing football, baseball, and he is also a New York Times Best Seller.  Call me crazy but Tebow doesnt strike me as a guy who squanders money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree none of us have access to his bank account.  However, the guy had money from playing football, baseball, and he is also a New York Times Best Seller.  Call me crazy but Tebow doesnt strike me as a guy who squanders money.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a bad cocaine habit. 

 

Add that to the bold predictions thread... 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Tebow post-mortem (and I really do think this is finally the end of his professional athletic career):

 

He was a victim of his own early success. He was handed the QB role for a floundering 2011 Broncos team with a great defense and, well, Kyle Orton. And then the team went on a most unlikely winning streak, characterized by great defense and, well, a really good running game (Willis McGahee - yeah, really - and the kind of production an 11-on-11 run game will get you). And yes, they did win a playoff game using exactly the same formula, and they won it by Tebow and Demariyus Thomas hooking up on a 9-in-the-box slant that went for an 80 yard TD.

 

It was the legend of "all he does is win" Tebow in Denver. Elway had the good sense to let him walk when Peyton Manning became available. He was clearly one helluva football player just as clearly as he wasn't anyone's idea of a franchise QB. It was too late to turn him into a TE/RB/Special Teams/Goal-Line QB guy. There was too much history, too much "legend," he was too polarizing for that. Rex Ryan tried (as usual, not too hard) and couldn't figure it out. Coaches were scared to use him at QB instead of more boring mediocrities because who knows? You stick him in at QB for, say, the post-EJ Manuel 2014 Bills and maybe he goes all 2011 Broncos again and then you've got yourself a QB controversy with no Peyton Manning waiting in the wings. Hell, if Rex had started him in 2012 instead of Mark Sanchez (6-10, 13 TDs, 18 INTs) it's likely his Jets would've squeezed out a couple more wins. So a very good and useful NFL player (just not a starting QB) never really gets an opportunity until he's too old and his old college coach comes calling.

 

I didn't like Tebow in college ... that good clean living Christian boy thing was all a bit too much for me. But he grew on me in Denver. He just seems to really be that corny, that real in his understanding of himself and his beliefs. I wish him the best, and part of me is a little sorry that we never got to see what a creative coach in the right situation (Sean Payton?) could've done with him on the football field after that wild 2011 ride was over.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...