Urban just can’t quit Tebow! (Update - Cut by Jags)

On 8/20/2021 at 7:29 AM, letsgoteam said:

For all those who hate Tim Tebow, don't get too excited.

He still probably has more money then you, is still married to a model & former Miss Universe, and will probably re land onto some cushy college football broadcasting job. Has got to play in the NFL, won 2 national championships, and got to play professional baseball up to AAA and MLB Spring Training (hitting homeruns in both).

I am jealous he got to win 2 National Championships and play in the NFL. The rest? Especially playing baseball? Yea. Happy to leave to him. I have no interest. I'd swap my soccer career for his football one. Other than that, I'll stick with what I have. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

This thread left football awhile back and is now just the three non starters.  Sex, Politics, and Religion.  Mods?

To get it back to football I watched the Jags first pre-season game yesterday. Not hard to see why he was cut. He couldn't block butter.

Now that is interesting, but not surprising.  A guy whether built or not who’s never had to block anyone, will not all of a sudden learn at the drop of a hat.  Too many people who’ve never played football, don’t understand the technique involved. I’m sure one of the cable sports stations will pick him up broadcasting on college football.

Surprised Tebow got cut so early. We all knew he wasn’t going to make the team but if his purpose is to be a positive locker room presence then why not keep him around until final cuts? Tebow will simply have to go back to his broadcasting gig not a bad landing.

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Surprised Tebow got cut so early. We all knew he wasn’t going to make the team but if his purpose is to be a positive locker room presence then why not keep him around until final cuts? Tebow will simply have to go back to his broadcasting gig not a bad landing.

Who knows? But let me offer this up as a potential explanation.

Maybe he was a good locker room presence and offered NFL experience to some of the younger players in the room.   But the time has come when "camp bodies" start getting cut. Tebow was simply a camp body, but with added interest, merchandise sales and of course, hope.  

But like I said, this is the time for camp bodies to be cut. After his performance in the preseason game, would he continue to be a positive locker room presence?  Now is when players start questioning "why is THIS guy still here?" At some point that will rub players the wrong way.

His usefulness to the team has been thoroughly used up, IMO.  IMO they actually did a good job of maximizing what he was likely to offer. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Who knows? But let me offer this up as a potential explanation.

Maybe he was a good locker room presence and offered NFL experience to some of the younger players in the room.   But the time has come when "camp bodies" start getting cut. Tebow was simply a camp body, but with added interest, merchandise sales and of course, hope.  

But like I said, this is the time for camp bodies to be cut. After his performance in the preseason game, would he continue to be a positive locker room presence?  Now is when players start questioning "why is THIS guy still here?" At some point that will rub players the wrong way.

His usefulness to the team has been thoroughly used up, IMO.  IMO they actually did a good job of maximizing what he was likely to offer. 

I get your point but they only had to cut 5 players, I have to think out of 90 man roster there are probably 10-15 players that are purely filler so it’s not like you couldn’t cut another marginal player? 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I get your point but they only had to cut 5 players, I have to think out of 90 man roster there are probably 10-15 players that are purely filler so it’s not like you couldn’t cut another marginal player? 

What I'm saying is maybe Tebow doesn't have anything more to offer the team. He was a camp body. it was clear he would be no more. Bye bye

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

What I'm saying is maybe Tebow doesn't have anything more to offer the team. He was a camp body. it was clear he would be no more. Bye bye

I guess my idea is that if you want this guy to be a positive locker room influence why not keep him around until final cuts? Is he no longer positive in the locker room? We’re there no other marginal players you could have cut instead? Just seemed odd. 

On 8/18/2021 at 1:44 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Given what a scrub he apparently is with zero natural aptitude or athleticism, it’s amazing he was even such a success at the college level. :doh:

The list of gifted athletes who had phenomenal college football careers who subsequently sucked in the NFL is long.  He's on that list.