Urban just can’t quit Tebow! (Update - Cut by Jags)

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

It's a woke term. Part of "Cancel Culture".

It's when activists target a person until everything they do gets canceled; speeches, appearances, tv shows, jobs, etc... It's different than a protest, in that they pressure the employer/venue.

I think it's an anti-woke term, actually. Either way, it's pretty stupid, IMO. No different than what has always happened. People say stupid/do stuff and other people point it out, call them out, and try to get them to accept responsibility. People on all sides of the political aisle have been doing it for as long as I have been around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

He never advanced anywhere in baseball.  He was a hired freak show to generate interest.  It never had anything to do with baseball.  Not to Tebow and not to the Mets organization.  He was Michael Jordan-bad.  Just like this "return to the NFL."  He and daddy Urban both knew he wasn't going anywhere.  But it made headlines and generated interest in the team.  Attention w.hore.

Given what a scrub he apparently is with zero natural aptitude or athleticism, it’s amazing he was even such a success at the college level. :doh:

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Truly religious people, let their actions, and deeds in life, speak for their faith.

Tebow has to wear all of that sch!tt on his face, like a Billboard, when he is on the field.

It's disingenuous, to say the least.

I'm sure that his mama will console him, after being cut.

Why do say he is disingenuous? He funds lots of charity events, and is a genuinely nice person from everyone I know who has ever met him. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

There are so many religious players in the NFL who do great things for their community. People don't have a problem with Tebow just because he's religious. It's the way he goes about it. Gloating and seeking the spotlight. Gotta give him credit for promoting his brand so well, but that's all it is. And people have gotten hooked on that brand. Hence the awesome jersey sales ^^^.

Explain how he gloats and seeks the spotlight?  He was a very high profile college athlete so of course he’s going to have a “team” as most athletes do.   

It seems to me that this is your personal bias, because I haven’t heard any athletes or colleagues who know Tebow claim that he is the primadonna that you make him out to be.   I also can’t find one example of Tebow gloating.  Everyone has regarded him as a great person and his act is far from performative 

4 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Truly religious people, let their actions, and deeds in life, speak for their faith.

Tebow has to wear all of that sch!tt on his face, like a Billboard, when he is on the field.

This is bull####.  Tebow is open about his faith for sure and that’s a big reason why many don’t like him.  But to say he’s disingenuous just is not the case.   Not 1 persons who’s worked closely with Tebow has accused him of anything other than being a good person and teammate 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Really?  You don't?

Fair enough, I really didn’t pay enough attention to know the Tebow jersey sales bit. I can understand from an ownership prospective, but it seems like it was an Urban Meyer decision with approval from ownership. I still don’t understand from Meyer’s prospective. He didn’t personally reap any of the financial benefits. Meyer did nothing but bring a circus to town with Tebow. Nothing about that is beneficial to a rookie head coach attempting to gain the respect of his team. Meyer’s failed NFL coaching career will be a separate topic one day. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Exhibit A: The Jacksonville Jaguars

You’re really reaching.  He tried out because he wants to play in the NFL.  How many athletes have retired and then attempted to make a comeback?

Edited by JohnNord

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

You’re really reaching.  He tried out because he wants to play in the NFL.  How many athletes have retired and then attempted to make a comeback?

And it's always either for money or spotlight. A 34 year old isn't coming back because he thinks he can really make a career of it, lol.

28 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Fair enough, I really didn’t pay enough attention to know the Tebow jersey sales bit. I can understand from an ownership prospective, but it seems like it was an Urban Meyer decision with approval from ownership. I still don’t understand from Meyer’s prospective. He didn’t personally reap any of the financial benefits. Meyer did nothing but bring a circus to town with Tebow. Nothing about that is beneficial to a rookie head coach attempting to gain the respect of his team. Meyer’s failed NFL coaching career will be a separate topic one day. 

My guess is to shift a lot of the media focus away from Lawrence, bring in a positive locker room presence as few know Tebow better than Meyer, and maybe he would defy the odds as their TE room is pry the thinnest in the league.  It didn't work out and it hopefully backfires on him as we've seen countless highly successful college coaches fail in the NFL spectacularly before.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

My guess is to shift a lot of the media focus away from Lawrence, bring in a positive locker room presence as few know Tebow better than Meyer, and maybe he would defy the odds as their TE room is pry the thinnest in the league.  It didn't work out and it hopefully backfires on him as we've seen countless highly successful college coaches fail in the NFL spectacularly before.

That’s fair, I’ll always maintain that Meyer is just a hack though. Tebow might be a great locker room influence, but what lasting influence does a preseason cut have ? Meyer is a fool if he genuinely believed Tebow had a chance to successfully convert to TE at age 34. It shows more of a college football mentality and arrogance from Meyer. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s fair, I’ll always maintain that Meyer is just a hack though. Tebow might be a great locker room influence, but what lasting influence does a preseason cut have ? Meyer is a fool if he genuinely believed Tebow had a chance to successfully convert to TE at age 34. It shows more of a college football mentality and arrogance from Meyer. 

Yeah.  I'm not saying I agree with the decision.  I just thought I might have some insight into what he was thinking being a similar self absorbed egomaniac.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:38 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Tebow was his own worst enemy. If he was more low profile, he might still be latched on some team as a cool dual purpose backup QB/package player like Jason Hill/Seneca Wallace. Teams just didn't wanna deal w/ the "Tebow-mania" headache which I understand. He's a victim of his own legend. That Denver run was truly magical, though and no one can take that away from him. 

This is 100% true… you get the circus in town with Tebow.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

And it's always either for money or spotlight. A 34 year old isn't coming back because he thinks he can really make a career of it, lol.

Like I said this happens all the time in sports.   Athletes are competitors and want to play as long as they can

Tebow made more working for ESPN and he’d be more visible on National TV than as TE3.  It’s pretty obvious that he wanted to take advantage of what likely will be his final chance to play pro football.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

You need to figure out how to reconcile that hate in your heart.  

Imagine being this bitter at Tim Tebow…

On 8/18/2021 at 1:13 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

You don't even know him, haha.

For all those who hate Tim Tebow, don't get too excited.

He still probably has more money then you, is still married to a model & former Miss Universe, and will probably re land onto some cushy college football broadcasting job. Has got to play in the NFL, won 2 national championships, and got to play professional baseball up to AAA and MLB Spring Training (hitting homeruns in both).

Edited by letsgoteam

10 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

For all those who hate Tim Tebow, don't get too excited.

He still probably has more money then you, is still married to a model & former Miss Universe, and will probably re land onto some cushy college football broadcasting job. Has got to play in the NFL, won 2 national championships, and got to play professional baseball up to AAA and MLB Spring Training (hitting homeruns in both).

#blessed