rumors about the enemy's plans

I wish teams would tell the Cheats to go fly a kite. Shut them out of any possible QB upgrades. Let them enjoy middling levels of success for a while and see how they like it.  Either that or completely rip them off by asking for something outlandish. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Why would anyone in the top 10 want Gilmore, and his contract.  I'd assume they would be a bit far away from a super bowl to take him.

Oh, but just think how much Gilmore will enjoy playing for a loser team...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looking at the draft order, the Broncos are really the only QB-needy team between the 49ers and Patriots.

Yes, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit and Carolina could easily be persuaded to move down.  But it will take a willing partner.

Teams like Washington and Chicago pick late and don't have quite the ammunition needed to move-up, without totally mortgaging their future.

There are a couple key questions that will likely determine what happens with the Patriots.

Are the Mac Jones/49ers rumors true? 

If they take Justin Fields or Tre Lance, I think the market will be hot to get the other guy at Atlanta's picks.  Then Jones probably drops to 15.

If they take Jones, then teams will realize they can wait.  Fields/Lance could potentially then drop to #7-8, and into better range for the Patriots.

Is Denver truly ready to move-on from Drew Lock?  Outside of the Patriots, they are the best candidate for a trade-up.

A 31 year old CB in the final year of his contract with a $17M cap hit?

WOW, WHAT INCREDIBLE AMMO FOR A MOVE UP IN THE DRAFT!

Any team he signs with is immediately going to have to give him a new contract. That limits his value immensely.

This is all just wishful thinking for the Pats, who have no QB, and no ammo to get one.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Stop trading with the patriots and making them better NFL

Like when the Pats traded their second round pick for Mohammed Sanu and he caught about 6 passes for them?

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

Like when the Pats traded their second round pick for Mohammed Sanu and he caught about 6 passes for them?

True they dont all pan out......but for the love of christ dont give the pats another QB

BB might be on the verge of retirement........dont give him hope that he can turn it around and sign a new contract

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

True they dont all pan out......but for the love of christ dont give the pats another QB

BB might be on the verge of retirement........dont give him hope that he can turn it around and sign a new contract

Hell, they’re just as likely to get one at 15.  Let em give up some picks for the chance to roll the dice...

1 hour ago, jamiezzz said:

Why would anyone in the top 10 want Gilmore, and his contract.  I'd assume they would be a bit far away from a super bowl to take him.

Gilmore was such a bad fit for us all around. He wasn’t that great and he also had the personality of a door knob. I’m 100% sure he dips his chicken wings in ranch 

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1