Ty Dunne: Motor can lift Bills to super bowl

The narrative on Singletary would be a lot different if he catches that third down pass in the AFC championship game. That one play alone has put a permanent scar in the memory of Bills fans. Not because we would have somehow won the game but just because it was the only memorable thing he did in that game and it completely killed a drive. And he probably catches that pass 8 or 9 times out of 10.

38 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Seen comparisons between two RBs first years.  The OL/game plan was very different which is partly why Motor digressed.  In Motor's 1st year guards like Quitinn' Span created holes for RBs to run but last year guards concentrating on redirecting rushers to give Josh time to throw, dodge and scramble so performance of all RBs was down.  Josh also takes runs which normally would be run by RBs so I think this makes their performance look worse.

All good points and I will add what I have been saying that this year will have a bigger emphasis in the running game during camp.

But, all the RBs will be judged running behind the current OL and that's just the way it's going to be.

im pretty down on motor, but a big truth is that our run blocking is weak.  i do think if we draft someone who could eventually start at G or C in the next season (who is nasty anyhow) then we have a chance of improving the while run game right there.

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Well with all die you respect you said I was "pessimistic ".

Just because I don't have blind optimism about everything and I critique players on this team doesn't mean I'm pessimistic.

When did blind optimism get mentioned? Except by you, your choice of verbiage says you’re pessimistic about Singletary, I ‘m talking about one guy, if you go back to my first post I said he could get better, and you and others said he can’t, that would be pessimistic would it not?? I’m thinking he can get back to his first year performance, especially with the emphasis Beane put on the run game in his season ending PC , it’s not that big a stretch if you give it some thought..., let’s just agree to disagree, I’ve got dinner calling, sea scallops wrapped in bacon, you know the food of the blind optimist, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

When did blind optimism get mentioned? Except by you, your choice of verbiage says you’re pessimistic about Singletary, I ‘m talking about one guy, if you go back to my first post I said he could get better, and you and others said he can’t, that would be pessimistic would it not?? I’m thinking he can get back to his first year performance, especially with the emphasis Beane put on the run game in his season ending PC , it’s not that big a stretch if you give it some thought..., let’s just agree to disagree, I’ve got dinner calling, sea scallops wrapped in bacon, you know the food of the blind optimist, 😁👍

When i said blind optmist I wasn't referring to you being that blind optimist. Apologies if it came across that way.

But agreed sir, let's agree to disagree. Enjoy your dinner!

• Like (+1) 2

If Singletary had two bad years I'd say move on but it's a little hard to forget that he was awfully elusive in his rookie year...so much so that it seemed criminal how poorly he was used.  He wasn't great last year but he absolutely wasn't as bad as a lot of the board thinks he was...his yards after contact were excellent, yards before contact not so good.  The latter really seems to be more blocking than anything although he may have missed the hole plenty of times as well.

For all of the talk about Motor, I'm surprised that Moss hasn't been talked about more.  He's the back that I really think has the most upside and he's also why I'm not a big fan of RB in the first.  I think Etienne and Harris are obviously both better backs than what we have but that doesn't mean we can't have a good running game with what we have.  The good thing is that I have exponentially more faith in the McBeane admin so my reaction to a 1st round RB wouldn't be what it was in the past 😆

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, McBean said:

Devon seems like a good kid but he’s so “meh” it hurts. Can’t catch, not explosive, so slooooow..

We need Harris or ETN to go over the top on offense.

I always think back to how KC mauled us in Buffalo last year by just handing the ball off.

Defenses would have to focus on Harris or ETN which leads to Allen cooking all day. 

We need our Thurman Thomas folks. Get it through your heads.

Harris or ETN! Make it happen BBB

I actually don’t want the Bills to draft Etienne because people refer to him as ETN.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsVet said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/2020/defense/

Buffalo had 2020's highest paid defense that featured 3 1st round picks and numerous highly paid UFAs.  If they don't have the horses 4 years into McD's tenure they never will.  The issue is not limited to personnel.  Because whenever McD meets an opposing offense that can score, he goes uber-conservative and ends up giving up big points. 

There's going to be a reckoning probably next year when Josh's contract begins to inhibit McD from getting all the players he thinks he needs on that defense.  Drafting more defense does not work in the NFL of the 21st century.  The faster people accept that, the better.  Now, it's a matter of a HC who begins to accept that as well.

Why not?

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The “Elite Athlete” moniker came after he showed he could run like he does, lots of guys have strong arms and are not considered athletic, let alone elite,  but you knew that...

As a ball thrower yes, but not as a runner, 

Wasn’t talking about every single thing, but you can pretend I was... 😁

What??  Newton was one of the dual threat QBs every to come out of college and you say Allen was only being compared to Newton....for their passing games??  Come on!  Everyone redraft was commenting on his athleticism and his ability to scramble and run.  Even low level buffalo rumblings Madde the obvious observation: " his tape is full of examples of Allen bullying his way for a first down."

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Because the rules overwhelmingly favor the offense.

Doesn't mean that drafting good defensive players won't help your defense.

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Because the rules overwhelmingly favor the offense.

The quote states that Allens contract will prevent signings of players we need on defense, but also says you can't draft for defense.  Makes no sense.

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

I'll be honest, I'd almost rather give a late round pick a shot to platoon with Moss/Breida after what I saw from Singletary last year.   

yeah Williams or Wade too even.

Edited by cba fan

For all the smart asses with quick takes, I highly recommend actually reading the article that was posted. It was very inspirational. And the trainer is adamant that Singletary is going to be much faster. Hit his holes quicker and tear it up this year. This was a very good read and provides very good insight into Singltary's training program as well as his mindset.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

For all the smart asses with quick takes, I highly recommend actually reading the article that was posted. It was very inspirational. And the trainer is adamant that Singletary is going to be much faster. Hit his holes quicker and tear it up this year. This was a very good read and provides very good insight into Singltary's training program as well as his mindset.

Right. Singletary himself says he will be a different back, and not because he's motivated.  It's because he is learning to run differently and training to have strength specific the changes in style. 

We will see if the change is real. 

it is fully possible to make drastic changes through training, it just depends on how maxed out his body's potential was prior to the proper training, also doing the right training is only one step actually doing the work is the difficult part.  And based on his career so far I would say that he hasn't been through the proper training to maximize his body's potential for the movements his position performs on a game by game basis, so I would guess that he could develop significantly better explosiveness, acceleration and top end speed if he puts in the work.  That being said hopefully he is working on changing his mindset too, not just to be ready or to just do your job but developing a sense of urgency where he sees every play as an opportunity to hit a home run, to develop that mentality of 'when i cross the white line onto the field i transform into something else and i will dominate physically just with my effort. . .'

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What??  Newton was one of the dual threat QBs every to come out of college and you say Allen was only being compared to Newton....for their passing games??  Come on!  Everyone redraft was commenting on his athleticism and his ability to scramble and run.  Even low level buffalo rumblings Madde the obvious observation: " his tape is full of examples of Allen bullying his way for a first down."

Yikes, nuance is not one of your super powers it would appear..., it’s no longer worth explaining...we see this differently and that will have to do, till another thread, 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Yikes, nuance is not one of your super powers it would appear..., it’s no longer worth explaining...we see this differently and that will have to do, till another thread, 

yes, you’ve nuanced it to unintelligible.   I’m forever lost...

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with this 

So do I.  Given we can’t really get a game breaking Edge, CB, or TE, Ettiene kind a makes sense.  Harris is a mistake.  He’s another Moss, maybe better, but Ettiene is more like a Kamara.  That’s what makes this team better.  The championship game KC was begging us to use Knox and Singletary as they didn’t respect either.  Well, we don’t have an option for Pitts at all so Ettiene is someone who could make us more versatile, good character and no medical issues in a year like this one.

ive gone back and forth and thought for sure we were going for a CB, but maybe this is what Beane wants.

• Like (+1) 1