McShay Mock Draft 4.0

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

So Tryon and Molden are off your list?

Not off, no. Molden’s a bad fit for our backfield and I simply have others ahead of Tryon. I could see him being a decent pick for us in the 3rd, but am hoping we go edge earlier than that and also guessing he goes earlier as well...

6 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

You must of hated last year. 

Nah. It’s about the whole thing for me, the bills’ pick is always added fun but I’d watch every second of a draft that they don’t have even one pick in. I love it that much. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I wouldn't mind Phillips at #30. Levi Onwuzurike in the 2nd Round though? Yeah, nah. Personally, I see him more as a 5-Tech. No need for anymore lightweight DT's. We need a true 1-Tech. My personal favorite is Bobby Brown III out of Texas A&M, but there are 7-8 solid prospects at the position in this draft. Pass on this one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

I like the value pick at 61....but are we looking for another light DT?  Grab a giant space-eater in the later rounds to tie up double teams and free up Ed and the D Ends (T. Shelvin, B. Brown, T. Slaton could all fit the bill).

This.

He’s a 3T in our system imo. Pairing him next to Ed on passing down would bolster our pressure in spots where we aren’t worried about the run.

I’d prefer a true 1T.  Levi is not that

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

So Tryon and Molden are off your list?

Molden is off my list as he’s a slot corner.  We need a boundary corner.  Positional value of a slot corner is zilch.  The best slot corners are getting paid 2-4M a year.  We should be able to lock up Taron after the season for 2-4M a year or sign another top slot corner for that much 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

The draft is my Christmas, so I'll never lose interest in it. It'll just take longer to find out we pick, which is mildly annoying.

Nothing beats the saturday morning of the old draft format.  Used to have everyone over and we would make breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a group of guys.  All day drinking, eating, and hanging out watching and guessing who would get picked, who was already a bust, then in the later rounds playing cards with everyone while the draft was in the background.  The new format may bring more eyes to the draft but IMHO the one long day was king.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

Nothing beats the saturday morning of the old draft format.  Used to have everyone over and we would make breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a group of guys.  All day drinking, eating, and hanging out watching and guessing who would get picked, who was already a bust, then in the later rounds playing cards with everyone while the draft was in the background.  The new format may bring more eyes to the draft but IMHO the one long day was king.

100% those were some extremely fun days in my fraternity 

26 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I find it amusing how after seeing hundreds mocks this year every once in a while someone mocks quite high some guy I've never heard of.

This time it is Tutu Atwell, WRs, Lousville. I don't remember seeing his name before and boom - pick 33.

He had been around Daniel Jeremiah's top 30-35 prospects on his big board up until recently. Sounds like he had a relatively disappointing Pro Day with "just" a 4.42 40 while weighing 155 lbs.

2 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

What may be the only negative aspect of the Bills success for me, is my reduced interest in the draft.  It is much more interesting when your team is drafting in the top 10! With that said, I hope we don't have another exciting draft for many years!  

It works a bit in my favor this time. Due to Covid my son’s wedding date got pushed around. It happened to land where I’ll miss the first 2 days of the draft live. He’s kicking himself, but it was a rookie mistake. We still love him. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I wont ever complain about adding to the trenches. But wondering if these are the right guys at the right spots to help the team.

Agree with you on the non-sexy picks for the trenches.

Maybe he’s saving more intelligent versions of his mock for closer to the draft? How many mocks do they have to come up with to get paid? Save the best for last! 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What does the 1 Tech prospects look like?

Usually kinda “round”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Onwuzurike next to Ed Oliver???? Swing and a miss Todd. They play the same position in this scheme - 3 tech. 

He played plenty of 1-tech at Washington, played 3-tech as well as 5-tech too, but he's versatile and strong. I don't love the pick because I'd rather get a big body like Shelvin in the 3rd and Beane made a comment about getting bigger on the line so I think he agrees. But I don't think Onwuzurike is a bad pick, we rotate out DL a lot and would be a replacement for Vernon Butler, not Ed Oliver.  

Edited by ndirish1978

7 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

He played plenty of 1-tech at Washington, played 3-tech as well as 5-tech too, but he's versatile and strong. I don't love the pick because I'd rather get a big body like Shelvin in the 3rd and Beane made a comment about getting bigger on the line so I think he agrees. But I don't think Onwuzurike is a bad pick, we rotate out DL a lot and would be a replacement for Vernon Butler, not Ed Oliver.  

Ed played 1 tech at Houston too. He can't do it in the league at 290lbs. Onwuzurike won't be able to either. Smaller bodied DTs in this league have to make money as penetrators. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ed played 1 tech at Houston too. He can't do it in the league at 290lbs. Onwuzurike won't be able to either. Smaller bodied DTs in this league have to make money as penetrators. 

I think my post was unclear. I believe they would have him spell Ed Oliver with the odd turn at 1-tech if there were an injury so we don't have to slide Oliver over. Remember we should have both Phillips and Star back this year. I wouldn't draft Onwuzurike to play 1-tech. I do believe they would move him around though when the situation calls for because Beane loves players who are multiple. 

Edited by ndirish1978