McShay Mock Draft 4.0

I think I will skip the draft again this year.

Its interesting, I had watched every draft since 98' up to 2019. Why did I stop watching? 

Buffalo started winning/picking later in the draft. I love not having to watch the draft.

12 hours ago, Putin said:

I think J Phillips is the best DE in this draft and if he’s there at 30 I’m pretty sure he’ll be a Buffalo Bill , I just think he’ll be gone by  pick 20 

Oh I like Phillips and yes he will be gone. 

The way I look at it, if you can get one of the top CBs (Horn, Farley, Newsome, Surtain) you take him.  If not, you look to trade out, or you take Etienne (if he is there) or you reach for Freiermuth.  We have the type of DEs that will be available at 30 already.  None of them are all that special.  

I just don't see the value in drafting a back up at 30 either.  We haven't gotten better in FA, we need to get a player that is an upgrade to what we currently have starting.

35 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The way I look at it, if you can get one of the top CBs (Horn, Farley, Newsome, Surtain) you take him.  If not, you look to trade out, or you take Etienne (if he is there) or you reach for Freiermuth.  We have the type of DEs that will be available at 30 already.  None of them are all that special.  

I just don't see the value in drafting a back up at 30 either.  We haven't gotten better in FA, we need to get a player that is an upgrade to what we currently have starting.

You also gotta consider WR of the future. The current group is really only together for this year. There may be a couple prospects at 30 who are tough to pass up.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

You also gotta consider WR of the future. The current group is really only together for this year. There may be a couple prospects at 30 who are tough to pass up.

?

Diggs has 3 years left

Beasley has 2 years left

Davis has 3 years left on rookie deal

Hodgins has 3 years left on rookie deal

Sanders and McKenzie are on 1 year deals, so I guess you could say the entire group is only together for 1 year. But the core of the group is here for a couple more years at least.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

?

Diggs has 3 years left

Beasley has 2 years left

Davis has 3 years left on rookie deal

Hodgins has 3 years left on rookie deal

Sanders and McKenzie are on 1 year deals, so I guess you could say the entire group is only together for 1 year. But the core of the group is here for a couple more years at least.

Yes I meant Sanders and Beas on the last year of deal. I hope they extend Beasley but a young top talent sure sounds nice too👍 Plus nobody except Diggs a little bit really has "explosive" ability.

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
Added word

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yes I meant Sanders and Beas on the last year of deal. I hope they extend Beasley but a young top talent sure sounds nice too👍 Plus nobody except Diggs a little bit really has "explosive" ability.

Agreed on the explosive part. Just not sure we have room on the roster for a new WR this year.

Diggs, Sanders, Beasely, Davis, McKenzie is 5, plus Hodgins...

I'd like to see McKenzie used more to add some of that explosiveness.

Then look to add a WR early in the draft next year after Sanders and McKenzie are gone. Rookies dont need a lot of time to "develop" when they are coming into the system with Josh at QB. He'll get them the ball. We should be able to plug and play next year if needed.

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Not going to draft a WR that isn't going to see the field in year 1.  WR have become plug and play.  I'll take one next year.

Also, Etienne would have a Kamara like impact on this team.  He would second to third leading in receptions on this team

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Not going to draft a WR that isn't going to see the field in year 1.  WR have become plug and play.  I'll take one next year.

Also, Etienne would have a Kamara like impact on this team.  He would second to third leading in receptions on this team

I don't understand...If WR "have become plug and play", then why would a WR we draft at 30 this year not "see the field in year 1"?

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This years class may be viewed as much better than next. Plus if one is taken at 30 you best believe he's gonna see the field, oh yes lol.

22 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

DE and DT Prospects who people believe should have gone higher than we picked them at is A-Okay for me. 

I wouldn’t expect either of those guys to be available but that would be a heck of a draft day. That’s the nice thing about having a roster that lets you draft BPA. 

19 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I have questions on Philipps and I am not sure I would take him as our 1st round pick (or at all). Concussions and already retired once to pursue other life aspirations? I've said in other posts, we already have Morse in that program... Is he done if he gets another concussion? Would we really want to spend a first on Phillip's given his past? Seems like quite a risk to me...🤔

He’s a top 5 pick if healthy. That’s easily worth the risk. 

17 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

We need a big body 1-tech, not another 3 Tech. Oh to have Ted Washington again.

We need both actually. Oliver is the only quality 3T we have on the roster. Butler and Phillips aren’t good and are in the last year of their contracts. Zimmer is mainly just a JAG with a high motor and gets pushed around a lot.

our d-line needs a complete overhaul. It’s full of old and mediocre players with some on the last year of their respective contracts. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We need both actually. Oliver is the only quality 3T we have on the roster. Butler and Phillips aren’t good and are in the last year of their contracts. Zimmer is mainly just a JAG with a high motor and gets pushed around a lot.

our d-line needs a complete overhaul. It’s full of old and mediocre players with some on the last year of their respective contracts. 

I just posted the below in another thread from today's Athletic.  It's an NFL executive commenting on the Bills' offseason.

“They have to fix their defensive line, they have not done that, and this is a bad D-line draft,” an exec said. “If Josh Allen takes another step, it might not matter, but if he regresses, Buffalo is a team that could suddenly miss the playoffs.”

Just now, Green Lightning said:

I just posted the below in another thread from today's Athletic.  It's an NFL executive commenting on the Bills' offseason.

“They have to fix their defensive line, they have not done that, and this is a bad D-line draft,” an exec said. “If Josh Allen takes another step, it might not matter, but if he regresses, Buffalo is a team that could suddenly miss the playoffs.”

I literally just responded to your posts in the other thread 😆

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed on the explosive part. Just not sure we have room on the roster for a new WR this year.

Diggs, Sanders, Beasely, Davis, McKenzie is 5, plus Hodgins...

I'd like to see McKenzie used more to add some of that explosiveness.

Then look to add a WR early in the draft next year after Sanders and McKenzie are gone. Rookies dont need a lot of time to "develop" when they are coming into the system with Josh at QB. He'll get them the ball. We should be able to plug and play next year if needed.

I think it’s better to draft a possible replacement player a year early , so he could learn the system and have at least a little experience plugging in rookies and expect them to perform is just not a good idea (IMO) 

• Like (+1) 1