TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No he's not as fast as Parrish.

Toney reminds me of a poor-man's Peter Warrick.

Warrick was seen as the most elusive WR college football had ever seen.........but he had only 4.56 speed(which today would probably read as 4.5 flat speed).

He was a good player but generally considered a major disappointment because the lack of speed didn't translate to the pros.

And that was a couple decades ago.........the back 7 of defenses are much faster now.

To me,  I wouldn't touch Toney in round 1 unless he runs a sub 4.4 40...........not worth the risk.........tons of good WR prospects in this draft it would be foolish to get yourself beat on day one.:lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if much of his success was due to playing alongside Pitts.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. If he runs in the 4.5s I will drop him on my board. He looks fast out there v college kids but if he is running 4.55 with his playing style against NFL defenders then he is a late second round type talent. Pretty much the same as I had Laviska Shenault last year who I had a low 2 on. Toney I have a middle / high 2 on right now and expect to go late 1st round.... but it would change quickly if he times poorly. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Toney won't run the 40 on Thursday at the Gators Pro Day.   

His is probably the biggest 40 in the entire draft.........1 tenth of a second could turn the 4 years of his rookie deal from $12M to $4M.

If he isn't blazing in his private 40's he might just decide to feign a hammy and stand on his tape and hope someone still takes him in the top 40 picks.

• Agree 3

With the 30th overall selection in the TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Buffalo Bills select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame.

In what was probably our best poll and discussion to date, we had a fantastic 3 way race, but in the end JOK won out.  In my personal opinion, people see the Bills struggles to cover TE's and Isaiah Simmons model push TSW to take JOK.  However, it's clear the fans here also believe a Pass Rusher and primary speed back are equally areas of need.

Thank you everyone!

The Chiefs are on the clock

@HappyDays

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paul Costa said:

That would be wonderful. In real life I feel he will be long gone by pick #30. A no brainer if he’s there 💪

I went through 10-15 mocks last night and he was gone in maybe 4 of them.  There’s a solid chance he’s there 

With the 31st pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan.

The Buccaneers @inaugural balls are on the clock.

Not much of an explanation is needed here. Everyone and their dog knows that the Chiefs biggest priority heading into the 2021 season is keeping Mahomes upright. With All-Pro Mitchell Schwartz leaving the team, we feel that Jalen Mayfield can plug in at the RT spot from day one.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 30th overall selection in the TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Buffalo Bills select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame.

In what was probably our best poll and discussion to date, we had a fantastic 3 way race, but in the end JOK won out.  In my personal opinion, people see the Bills struggles to cover TE's and Isaiah Simmons model push TSW to take JOK.  However, it's clear the fans here also believe a Pass Rusher and primary speed back are equally areas of need.

Thank you everyone!

@HappyDays

FWIW, in Daniel Jeremiah's latest 'Top 50' (released about an hour ago) he has:

JOK (18)

Etienne (20)

Harris (21)

Phillips (22)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0?icampaign=nflweb-push-webnotification

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

One of the most overrated players I have ever seen in the NFL. He had elite speed and literally 1 good season. If people want to tell that is the rule and all the other seasons were the exception, fine. But it is stretching reality. I will leave it there for fear of derailing the thread yet further haha. 

He had more than one good season. You have to factor him in as a kick returner when judging him. He was an amazing returner for the Vikings. Talent-wise, he was absolutely elite even if the numbers weren't there. A lot of those fake jet sweeps to him opened up big plays for others too given that he was so dangerous on that play. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarvPe00.htm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (Inaugural balls) are on the clock
24 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

JOK (18)

Etienne (20)

Harris (21)

Phillips (22)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0?icampaign=nflweb-push-webnotification

I saw that too, but I only went off mocks

Just now, Virgil said:

I saw that too, but I only went off mocks

Sure. I just pointed it out for context because I thought it was interesting where he ranked those four in relation to the Bills' choice in this TBD mock. Keep up the good work. :beer:

33 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

JOK (18)

Etienne (20)

Harris (21)

Phillips (22)

Wow! Two guys who have really shot up the rankings: Jamin Davis and Quinn Meinerz.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he'd be on the field a lot. He can play as a linebacker in base and then he can play as a the big nickel in your nickel package and avoid needing to sub Taron in. He would be on the field less than a #2 corner, that is for sure.... I just think the talent level he has v the talent level of Tyson Campbell or Kelvin Joseph... I have a hard job leaving that on the board. Though I take entirely your point about a guy who plays 65% let's say of the snaps vs a guy who plays 95%. The question for the Bills is do they think he can play both spots to allow them to leave him on the field the majority of the time. Taron played 77% of the defensive snaps in 2020. How many of those do you still think you need Taron in on rather than just dropping JOK to nickel? That is the conundrum. Personally I think he gives them the ability to interchange formation without changing personnel. They would have to believe the same to pick him. 

Yea, for sure. But there is a pretty strong consensus on the top 17 or 18 guys in this class. They all (with the exception of JOK actually) flew off the board in this mock. That tell you there is a tier drop off around that point. Most people have Jenkins in that next tier but there are folks who have him near the top of it.... like the Athletic and others and guys like me who have him towards the bottom of it. My personal bug bear with him is that he is a RT only. I always knock guys I think that about in my grading system. 

You hit the nail on the head in regards to my post and you brought up a great point regarding versatility, they do love players who can play in multiple positions. What I do think factors in, how much during a game and how many games throughout the season would you prefer to be in big nickel vs normal. That usage has to be factored in.

I know they feel the expect a good level of contribution in year 1 from the player in Rd1. Ford was chosen at 38 and given every opportunity to start and play and be on the field as much as possible. Whereas Epenesa was taken at 54 and allowed to be brought on slowly. 

My comment has nothing to do with the player in particular btw. It is simply will he be on the field enough consistently as our RD1 pick to justify that positional pick in this round? 

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't "fall in love" with positions. In fact, I think if you have your heart set on one player in particular, you're setting yourself up for disappointment, especially when there will be 29 picks made before the Bills select (barring a trade/trades up, of course). I was commenting on who was there at 30 in this TBD mock. I've run a ton of mocks and, as of late, JOK was long gone before the Bills picked and Jaelan Phillips has increasingly been there. They both may very well be gone before the Bills pick and I'm fine with that but I would be more than happy with JOK (or Phillips). This isn't just about someone to plug and play for 2021, it's about roster building. He's big, fast, and explosive and can play three downs, if needed, or be used as a chess piece in sub packages. Add as much talent as possible and let the coaches figure out the rest.

When I said fall in love with a player or position, I wasn't singling you out; I was just speaking generally for the same reason you gave above. There is a tendency on this board to gravitate towards that and my comment was based on that premise.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Thank you everyone!

@HappyDays

Love it. It’s probably a luxury pick, but you don’t let that talent sit on the board at that late in the draft. Rotate him in with Klein/Taron as a rookie and make him a chess piece. 

12 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I really like Meinerz and I have for quite a while now. He’s a very nice prospect, I don’t care what school he went to.

Joe Buscaglia’s latest mock draft has Meinerz as the Bills’ third round pick. Matthew Fairburn has OL Ben Cleveland as the third round pick. 

Not sure how likely it is that either guy is still on the board at that point, but if so, either one seems like a slam dunk pick.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 32nd pick in the TSW mock draft, the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Tampa Bay Buccaneers select, Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami.

The rich get richer. This already stingy defense adds yet another chess piece for Coach Bowles to tinker with. Coach Bowles is known to move his pieces around. He’ll do this with JP with the idea of making opposing QBs even more uncomfortable. 

The Jacksonville Jaguars @Buffalo716 are on the clock. 

(The Pats must be due for a compensatory by now, no?)

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, inaugural balls said:

With the 32nd pick in the TSW mock draft, the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Tampa Bay Buccaneers select, Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami.

The rich get richer. This already stingy defense adds yet another chess piece for Coach Bowles to tinker with. Coach Bowles is known to move his pieces around. He’ll do this with JP with the idea of making opposing QBs even more uncomfortable. 

The Jacksonville Jaguars @Buffalo716 are on the clock. 

(The Pats must be due for a compensatory by now, no?)

@Buffalo716

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (Buffalo716) are on the clock
2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

With the 31st pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan.

The Buccaneers @inaugural balls are on the clock.

Not much of an explanation is needed here. Everyone and their dog knows that the Chiefs biggest priority heading into the 2021 season is keeping Mahomes upright. With All-Pro Mitchell Schwartz leaving the team, we feel that Jalen Mayfield can plug in at the RT spot from day one.

Do you have someone specific on mind? ;)