TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Toney is interesting, I think he could be great for GB, but he seems a little to busty for my likes for a team that needs to not miss

I only wanted to help Virgil to list players in my post, I didn't express any opinions.

But I find it interesting that I think completely the opposite. I think we are exactly that team who should take risks and draft high ceiling guys.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

JOK is sticking out so far on my board that I almost feel like a poll is offensive 😛

The top 5 BPA by my board FWIW is:

1. JOK

2. Christian Barmore

3. Kadarius Toney

4. Alex Leatherwood

5. Travis Etienne

Barmore plays for Packers already.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

JOK is sticking out so far on my board that I almost feel like a poll is offensive 😛

The top 5 BPA by my board FWIW is:

1. JOK

2. Christian Barmore

3. Kadarius Toney

4. Alex Leatherwood

5. Travis Etienne

McD would be salivating to finally get his Big Nickel.

@Virgil

Last year when Hokie was running the spreadsheet for the trades mock I gave him my top 100 players list as well that he included alongside Matt Miller and possibly DJ and someone else. It is by no means a finished article at this point but I can let you have it where it is for the trades one if people would find helpful. 

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

I only wanted to help Virgil to list players in my post, I didn't express any opinions.

But I find it interesting that I think completely the opposite. I think we are exactly that team who should take risks and draft high ceiling guys.

Barmore plays for Packers already.

Oh I wasn't implying you were. I just wanted to toss out to the forum that I considered him and he could be a fit there. THE Packers did nothing in the draft last year to help Rodgers, hence my comment they need a player who has less of a bust chance.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

From what I read on TBD:

WR: Toney, Bateman, Moore

RB: Harris, Etienne

TE: Freiermuth

OT: Mayfield

OG: Davis

DE: Phillips, Oweh, Ossai, Basham

LB: Owusu-Koramoah

CB: Stokes, Samuel

I know that is too much overall but all these guys were discussed a lot (except maybe Bateman/JOK who were mocked higher). I know it will not happen, but I suggest to make position poll (with these or other names in brackets), and then make player poll (if there are more reasonable players at that position).

Good list:

i don’t see Basham, Moore, Samuel as in play.

I’d add leatherwood and Tyson Campbell 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

JOK would be my pick in a no trade down situation.  BPA and is so versatile.  Might be a strange fit but we’d have to get creative and switch things up.....which is exactly what we need on D

Toney and Phillips would be a coin toss for next best pick Imo

Edited by NewEra

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m going to do a top 10.  Top 2 at stated positions or interest 

In that case I'd look at the top 2 at WR, O-line, CB, RB, LB, and edge rusher. I know that would be top 12 instead of 10 but any one of those positions is in play.

And my list would look like this:

O-line - Landon Dickerson, Jalen Mayfield (some would put Alex Leatherwood instead of Mayfield)

WR - Kadarius Toney, Rashod Bateman

CB - Tyson Campbell, Eric Stokes

RB - Travis Etienne, Najee Harris

LB - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Baron Browning

Edge rusher - Jaelan Phillips, Joseph Ossai

Although to Gunner's point if the board falls like this I'll be shocked if the pick is anybody other than Owusu-Koramoah.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Good list:

i don’t see Basham, Moore, Samuel as in play.

I’d add leatherwood and Tyson Campbell 

I mentioned Moore since he gets mocked to us a lot in Mock Draft SImulator thread IIRC (presumably because Toney is not available already). Basham has some strong supporters here too :) Samuel was mocked to us in at least two different mock from talking heads I think.

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I mentioned Moore since he gets mocked to us a lot in Mock Draft SImulator thread IIRC (presumably because Toney is not available already). Basham has some strong supporters here too :) Samuel was mocked to us in at least two different mock from talking heads I think.

Any talking heads mocking Asante to us are lazy. He is a man only corner. The Bills play zone. I'd be stunned and I mean stunned if he is the Bills pick at #30. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

right, toney is available....so moore is a no

Basham isn’t even close to being the best pass rushing DE available....and that’s what we need.  Pass rush

samuel jr is a man corner and we rarely

play man, while Stokes and Campbell are much better suited for the D that we play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

right, toney is available....so moore is a no

Basham isn’t even close to being the best pass rushing DE available....and that’s what we need.  Pass rush

samuel jr is a man corner and we rarely

play man, while Stokes and Campbell are much better suited for the D that we play.

Campbell and Joseph are my next two corners and I think both are good fits. 

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

I’d make a bet that if both have healthy careers Moore has the more successful one over Toney. Kid has something special kind of like a Percy Harvin or Tyreke Hill lite

Percy Harvin had something special? Really? I must have missed that day. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen in the NFL. How many 1,000 yard receiving seasons did he have? It is a very round number. 

Rondale Moore does have talent, and he does have speed.... but he has also played 7 games over the last two years. Whether he is even capable of being the guy he was as a freshman at this point is a question mark. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Any talking heads mocking Asante to us are lazy. He is a man only corner. The Bills play zone. I'd be stunned and I mean stunned if he is the Bills pick at #30. 

I didn't include him.  He wasn't even close to BPA at his position for our selection

• Agree 1