TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

With the 14th selection in the 2021 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select Kwity Paye DE/DL Michigan.   

The Vikings were hoping to move this pick to a Mac Jones loving team and also hoped that Christian Darrisaw might fall they eventually decide on the athletic marvel with big upside Paye to begin to rebuild their defensive line.   The Vikes need alot of defense and some OL help so the move down (no second rounder currently) is most probable.

The Patriots @section122 are on the clock (boooo!)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 hours ago, section122 said:

Easy pick here....

With the 15th pick the New England Patriots****** select Mac Jones, qb, alabama.

NE really has a pretty strong roster outside of qb and bb's relationship with Saban will give them a ton of additional information.  Jones was better than Tua and is going 10 picks later.  A no brainer imo.

Eagles and @Philo are on the clock.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can you add me to the alert list?  I always miss the signups and love this draft every year.  Thanks bud

Yes sir.  I only looked at one of the mocks last year and I guess you weren’t in that one.  At this rate, we will start the next one this following Sunday 

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 18th pick in the 2021 TSW Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select EDGE Gregory Rousseau, Miami

Our GM watched our team lose a season ending win-and-in game to the Buffalo Bills in which we gave up 56 points. FIFTY-SIX!

Stopping the elite Buffalo passing offense is a priority for us. We like our cornerback room, but if we're going to beat the Bills and claim the AFC East crown, we need to make Josh Allen uncomfortable. We like Andrew Van Ginkel and Emmanuel Ogbah, but let's be honest: that's not exactly a murderer's row attacking off the edges. We need more juice, more explosiveness. at 6'7" and 265 lbs, and with speed and bend, Gregory Rousseau offers exactly that. You simply can't teach the size and athleticism that this man possesses.

While Rousseau opted out of the 2020 college season, he posted an eye-popping 15.5 sacks in 2019. He is raw and can fairly be called a boom-or-bust prospect. Luckily, Rousseau played in our own backyard at Miami U. Our scouts had the chance to watch him up close and personal on multiple occasions, and we feel comfortable with the risk. We feel quite confident that we are adding the best pure pass rusher in this class.

Running back and wide receiver are still needs for us, but we believe strongly in positional value in the first round, and we believe in taking the best player available. At pick 18, both of those beliefs align in the form of Gregory Rousseau.

@whatdrought and the Washington Football Snyders are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

The Non-Redskins are working on the assumption that Miami won’t double dip at T and intends to take Christian Darrisaw from Virginia Tech,

just in case I’m not able to get back here early in the morning.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

With the 18th pick in the 2021 TSW Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select EDGE Gregory Rousseau, Miami

Our GM watched our team lose a season ending win-and-in game to the Buffalo Bills in which we gave up 56 points. FIFTY-SIX!

Stopping the elite Buffalo passing offense is a priority for us. We like our cornerback room, but if we're going to beat the Bills and claim the AFC East crown, we need to make Josh Allen uncomfortable. We like Andrew Van Ginkel and Emmanuel Ogbah, but let's be honest: that's not exactly a murderer's row attacking off the edges. We need more juice, more explosiveness. at 6'7" and 265 lbs, and with speed and bend, Gregory Rousseau offers exactly that. You simply can't teach the size and athleticism that this man possesses.

While Rousseau opted out of the 2020 college season, he posted an eye-popping 15.5 sacks in 2019. He is raw and can fairly be called a boom-or-bust prospect. Luckily, Rousseau played in our own backyard at Miami U. Our scouts had the chance to watch him up close and personal on multiple occasions, and we feel comfortable with the risk. We feel quite confident that we are adding the best pure pass rusher in this class.

Running back and wide receiver are still needs for us, but we believe strongly in positional value in the first round, and we believe in taking the best player available. At pick 18, both of those beliefs align in the form of Gregory Rousseau.

With the 20th pick in the TSW Mock Draft (v1), the Chicago Bears select Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State.

The Bears were hoping to select Mac Jones but the Pats, as expected, made that selection.  Dalton and Foles are not the long term answer.  Not sure if Jones would be but Dalton/Foles are not for sure.

The selection then came down to OT or CB.  Both are high needs but Jenkins was the highest rated of the next 4 on the board.  If we went CB, it would have been Joseph from Kentucky.

The Colts and @Canadian Bills Fan are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Colts (Canadian Bills Fan) are on the clock
21 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With the 4th pick in TSW Mock draft the Atlanta Falcons select, Kyle Pitts,Te, from Florida

The Cincinnati Bengals @H2O are on the clock. 

The Falcons thought about Qb here, but w Ryan here for three more years after his restructuring and no real difference makers on defense at the top, decided to get him another weapon. Pitts on the field with Hurst will cause matchup issues all over and keep teams from doubling Jones and Ridley.

GREAT selection!!!  Nobody in college could cover him. Let's see if anybody in the NFL can. 

Best TE coming out in 30 or so years imo.

13 hours ago, section122 said:

Easy pick here....

With the 15th pick the New England Patriots****** select Mac Jones, qb, alabama.

NE really has a pretty strong roster outside of qb and bb's relationship with Saban will give them a ton of additional information.  Jones was better than Tua and is going 10 picks later.  A no brainer imo.

Eagles and @Philo are on the clock.

Another great choice, even if he has to sit on the bench for a year.

This mock draft looks what I consider to be more accurate than any I have ever seen on this board.

Nice work!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs like your CB room as well.... ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs like your CB room as well.... ;)

haha.  I was thinking the same.  I like Rousseau, and the positional value of the pick makes all the sense, but the guy I’m afraid of the dolphins drafting in this spot is  Trevon Moehrig.  He’s the BPA imo.

safety doesn’t have near the positional value as pass rush, but imo, the player you’re getting is a can’t miss stud, while Rousseau is not nearly the finished product that Moehrig is.  

one of my biggest hopes is that he doesn’t end up in the afce.  Or the afc for that matter.  I hope he’s out pick at 30, but doubt he slips.  That kid can ball out.

no offense on your pick @Logic, you’re the man and your Rousseau makes all

the sense in the world.  It just has to do with my man crush on Moe

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

haha.  I was thinking the same.  I like Rousseau, and the positional value of the pick makes all the sense, but the guy I’m afraid of the dolphins drafting in this spot is  Trevon Moehrig.  He’s the BPA imo.

safety doesn’t have near the positional value as pass rush, but imo, the player you’re getting is a can’t miss stud, while Rousseau is not nearly the finished product that Moehrig is.  

one of my biggest hopes is that he doesn’t end up in the afce.  Or the afc for that matter.  I hope he’s out pick at 30, but doubt he slips.  That kid can ball out.

no offense on your pick @Logic, you’re the man and your Rousseau makes all

the sense in the world.  It just has to do with my man crush on Moe

Agree on Moehrig. The guy is gonna be an All Pro within 3 years imo. He can do it all at the S position. Roam the field in zone. Man up against WR's, RB's, or TE's. Drop down in the box to provide run support. Blitz the QB. He takes excellent angles and is as sure a tackler as you will see at the position. One of my favorite players in this draft. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

GREAT selection!!!  Nobody in college could cover him. Let's see if anybody in the NFL can. 

Best TE coming out in 30 or so years imo.

Another great choice, even if he has to sit on the bench for a year.

This mock draft looks what I consider to be more accurate than any I have ever seen on this board.

Nice work!

Based off everything so far, I feel like we are going to end up with your boy Harris 

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed.  I don’t know that I have anyone in this draft that I’m pining for 

I like Etienne out of the backfield, but CB is the correct pick here IMO. I want Edge more than anything, but not this late in RD1. RBs will not help us score that many more points and the touches they get in our pass heavy offense isn't enough bang for the buck at this point. CB2 is our big weakness and should help get the D off the field sooner and limiting points against us.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I like Etienne out of the backfield, but CB is the correct pick here IMO. I want Edge more than anything, but not this late in RD1. RBs will not help us score that many more points and the touches they get in our pass heavy offense isn't enough bang for the buck at this point. CB2 is our big weakness and should help get the D off the field sooner and limiting points against us.

There are a couple Edge players I’d be happy with at 30, and a couple CB’s I think are likely. RB I’m meh on. Take it or leave it. If they do take one, they better have a plan to recoup value for Moss or Singletary before the draft ends. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It depends which CBs are available.  If surtain, Farley, horn and Newsome are off the board, I would argue that CB would be a poor choice @30.  Maaaaybe Samuel.  I’m just not a big fan of his fit in our system and would rather trade down.  I don’t feel that we should be drafting for our biggest weakness just because it’s our biggest weakness if the player isn’t worth the pick.  Drafting the best player = the best move imo. 

• Agree 1