TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Indeed. If we’re going RB, he’s my guy.

I know this doesn't mean anything, but for some mindless fun this morning, I played with the mock draft simulator and just kept doing draft after draft. In just about every scenario, Williams landed in the BIlls laps in the 2nd round.

With the 25th lick in the 2021 NFL draft the Jacksonville jaguar's select , S , trevon moehrig, TCU 

Moehrig has all the traits you look for in a single high safety.. from his size , speed , to athleticism..  he has soft hands and reads a QB like a book... A great addition to the secondary 

The browns and @Rc2catchis on the clock

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With the 26th pick in the 2021 mock draft the Cleveland Browns select Chazz Surratt, linebacker. 

Who doesn’t want a former quarterback turned linebacker right? There’s some room to grow here but we feel in today’s NFL Surratt is going to be an elite pass coverage kind of guy. We want to run a lot of coverage looks with our 3 safeties and we like what Chazz brings in those packages. 

Might be jumping early but I like his fit with this specific team. 

@Virgil and the Baltimore Ravens are on the clock

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I know this doesn't mean anything, but for some mindless fun this morning, I played with the mock draft simulator and just kept doing draft after draft. In just about every scenario, Williams landed in the BIlls laps in the 2nd round.

Yeah, i have no idea what to expect. I think he’ll be in the 30–45 range, but could slip higher or lower depending on team preference. I wouldn’t expect him to be at 61, but it isn’t completely out of the question.

I have given up any pretense of thinking those simulators project where players are going to go- when the draft networks (whose stuff is usually pretty solid) top rated TE last year went undrafted it just opened my eyes to the idea that nobody really knows anything outside of the top 15 or so picks. Even more so this year. 

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

With the 26th pick in the 2021 mock draft the Cleveland Browns select Chazz Surratt, linebacker. 

Who doesn’t want a former quarterback turned linebacker right? There’s some room to grow here but we feel in today’s NFL Surratt is going to be an elite pass coverage kind of guy. We want to run a lot of coverage looks with our 3 safeties and we like what Chazz brings in those packages. 

Might be jumping early but I like his fit with this specific team. 

@Virgil and the Baltimore Ravens are on the clock

woah! First bombshell of the draft. 

I think it’s very unlikely he goes before JOK, but he does feel like a player who teams could fall in love with/could shoot up the board leading up to the draft. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, i have no idea what to expect. I think he’ll be in the 30–45 range, but could slip higher or lower depending on team preference. I wouldn’t expect him to be at 61, but it isn’t completely out of the question.

I have given up any pretense of thinking those simulators project where players are going to go- when the draft networks (whose stuff is usually pretty solid) top rated TE last year went undrafted it just opened my eyes to the idea that nobody really knows anything outside of the top 15 or so picks. Even more so this year. 

Ain't that the truth!  As for the simulator, after they made the 49ers trade to #3, it took me 3 runs before they drafted a QB there.  I'm still addicted to it anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

Dear @Virgil. I know I have not been involved much lately, and skipped last 2 year´s mocks, but just because  I like your dynamic a lot, I would like to propose myself, for the ¨waiting¨ back up list, for any team that doesn´t show up, assuming their announced back ups are already playing this mock or not available in the moment (>5 hrs) you need them. Thanks in advance whatever your answer comes down to... let's all have fun!

All good sir.  Shoot me a message to remind me and you can be in 2.0.  With the trades one, be ready to check your messages.  That one requires a little more activity.  

If anyone backs out if this one, I’ll let you know 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

woah! First bombshell of the draft. 

I think it’s very unlikely he goes before JOK, but he does feel like a player who teams could fall in love with/could shoot up the board leading up to the draft. 

Browns sometimes shake things up. I figured I could wait for the second round and maybe get him but with no trades etc etc on this one I figured I’d jump quickly 

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

Ain't that the truth!  As for the simulator, after they made the 49ers trade to #3, it took me 3 runs before they drafted a QB there.  I'm still addicted to it anyway.

I like PFN’s cause trades are free, but their player value is so different. 

I can go on one site and get someone like Israel Mukuamu in the 7th round, but on another site he’s gone by 93. Just hard to know whose more plugged in..... 

For instance, Lance Zeirline at NFL.com had Tyson Campbell from Georgia as one of his top 5 CB’s. I like Campbell, and i usually trust LZ, but most everyone else has him at like 10th CB. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Browns sometimes shake things up. I figured I could wait for the second round and maybe get him but with no trades etc etc on this one I figured I’d jump quickly 

I like it. Most people had Jordyn Brooks in the 2nd-3rd range last year before the Hawks grabbed him in the 20’s... (not sure that’ll work out for them, but it gives the scenario legitimacy.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Saints (Frostbitmic) are on the clock

Sorry for the lack of depth here, but I’m out with the kid.  

The Baltimore Ravens select Terrance Marshall, WR, LSU.  

The Ravens have been searching for a premier receiver since they drafted Lamar, but also recognize they are a run first team.  Marshall has the size to be a solid blocker and frame to reach some of Lamars inaccurate throws.  

We strongly considered a C here, but the value wasn’t there and the one we wanted to poached a few picks earlier.  

The Saints are on the clock 

@frostbitmic

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

With the 25th lick in the 2021 NFL draft the Jacksonville jaguar's select , CB, trevon moehrig, TCU 

Moehrig has all the traits you look for in a single high safety.. from his size , speed , to athleticism..  he has soft hands and reads a QB like a book... A great addition to the secondary 

The browns and @Rc2catchis on the clock

I think he could be the “most elite” player in the draft, if that’s such a thing. I see him as being the best safety in the league within a couple years and I’d give him the best chance of eventually making the HoF other than Lawrence.  I don’t see any holes in his game.

37 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Just wondering why you would take him over JOK?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I think he could be the “most elite” player in the draft, if that’s such a thing. I see him as being the best safety in the league within a couple years and I’d give him the best chance of eventually making the HoF other than Lawrence.  I don’t see any holes in his game.

Do you need a room or a cold shower? 😋

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

yeah I called him a single high safety but for some reason put position cornerback LOL 

I'm obviously drafting him as a safety

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Draconator said:

RB’s in mock drafts have been all

over the place.  It’s been strange.  I’ve seen Harris go in the top 15 or the second round.  Same for the top 3 backs 

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just wondering why you would take him over JOK?

I think the browns scout different than some. They occasionally draft against the grain from who is ranked where. 
Me personally, I think JOK and Grant Delpit would play the same kinda role in Cleveland’s defense. I also read something that JOK played closer to 200 pounds last season. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Do you need a room or a cold shower? 😋

🤣

Hahaha, I hear ya.  I’m just really high on him.  I felt the same way about Polomalu in 2003 (but he was drafted in the teens and we drafted McGahee in the 20’s) and Ed Reed in 2002 (drafted in the 20’s and we had a top 5 pick in rd 2).   Both are likely the best players in their drafts (unless you consider peppers better than Reed).  

As the Saints come marchin in with the 28th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, The New Orleans Saints select Zaven Collins - LB -Tulsa.

Considering our team was in the neighborhood of a billion dollars over the cap, we let go of most of our defense. Zaven Collins is good against the run, rushing the passer and in coverage, he will be starting from day 1.

@Reed83HOF is on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

I have no clue whatsoever what the saints actually need... some teams just disappear from my radar around draft season and the saints are always on that list.

Edit: I guess they need a LB. 

JOK being at least the 4th off ball LB taken is a huge surprise. I’m voting for him for the Bills if he’s still there. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (Reed83HOF) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I have no clue whatsoever what the saints actually need... some teams just disappear from my radar around draft season and the saints are always on that list.

Edit: I guess they need a LB. 

JOK being at least the 4th off ball LB taken is a huge surprise. I’m voting for him for the Bills if he’s still there. 

Saints need a lot, I almost went with Barmore there but I think Collins can be a 3 down LB. They also start a couple of AARP members in their secondary with a 33 yr old CB and Safety. Next round maybe.

• Awesome! (+1) 1