TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

@Virgil Regarding the 1st page draft results —  I’m probably literally the only one who cares whatsoever, but the OCD part of me demands that I point this out: There is no Michael Parsons. It’s Micah Parsons.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 11th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, The New York Football Giants select:

Jaylen Waddle - Wide Receiver - Alabama

@Rock-A-Bye Beasley and the Eagles are on the clock. 

The Giants was expecting to take Patrick Surtain with this pick, but the #1 need of the Giants is WR. With the recent free-agent signing of Kenny Golladay, the Giants now have two legitimate downfield threats for Daniel Jones. If Saquon Barkley can stay healthy for the year, along with the other free agent signings, the Giants offense looks to be a formidable opponent for NFC East Defenses.

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Interesting pick.  I’ve seen him this high to as low as 30 to the Bills 

Is Bill O'Brien doing mock drafts now on his free time?  It would be an upset if he gets passed 15.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

@Virgil Regarding the 1st page draft results —  I’m probably literally the only one who cares whatsoever, but the OCD part of me demands that I point this out: There is no Michael Parsons. It’s Micah Parsons.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Fixed

• Thank you (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Eagles (Rock-a-bye Beasley) are on the clock

With the 12th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

The Los Angeles Chargers @TPS are on the clock. 

Farley is BPA if the medical checks out after his recent back surgery. I’m assuming that is the case here. Avonte Maddox had a disappointing season. The Eagles get Farley to pair with Slay. They still get an elite prospect after trading down as many had Farley ranked as CB #1 in this class before the news of his surgery. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chargers (TPS) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

With the 12th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

The Los Angeles Chargers @TPS are on the clock. 

Farley is BPA if the medical checks out after his recent back surgery. I’m assuming that is the case here. Avonte Maddox had a disappointing season. The Eagles get Farley to pair with Slay. They still get an elite prospect after trading down as many had Farley ranked as CB #1 in this class before the news of his surgery. 

That is smart thinking. Kinda like Thurman going in the 2nd because of his knee. We all know how that turned out. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Eagles have made new Coach Brandon Staley's decision for him by taking Farley.  Deep down, he knows he has to protect his franchise QB, especially with guys behind him named Chase and Sticks if he goes down.  So, with the lucky 13th selection in the 2021 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers of LA select:

Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern.

While the Chargers also liked Vera-Tucker here, they went with Slater who is slated to start at G, but will slide to the blind side quick if a guy named Pipkin isn't up to the task. 

@CNYfan and the Minnesota Vikings are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Vikings (CNYFan) are on the clock
29 minutes ago, TPS said:

The Eagles have made new Coach Brandon Staley's decision for him by taking Farley.  Deep down, he knows he has to protect his franchise QB, especially with guys behind him named Chase and Sticks if he goes down.  So, with the lucky 13th selection in the 2021 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers of LA select:

Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern.

While the Chargers also liked Vera-Tucker here, they went with Slater who is slated to start at G, but will slide to the blind side quick if a guy named Pipkin isn't up to the task. 

@CNYfan and the Minnesota Vikings are on the clock.

I think LAC would be thrilled to get one of Slater or Sewell. 

Lot of good rd 2-3 CB talent in this draft, you’ll get someone there!

• Like (+1) 1

With the 14th selection in the 2021 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select Kwity Paye DE/DL Michigan.   

The Vikings were hoping to move this pick to a Mac Jones loving team and also hoped that Christian Darrisaw might fall they eventually decide on the athletic marvel with big upside Paye to begin to rebuild their defensive line.   The Vikes need alot of defense and some OL help so the move down (no second rounder currently) is most probable.

The Patriots @section122 are on the clock (boooo!)

Edited by CNYfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

With the 14th selection in the 2021 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select Kwity Paye DE/DL Michigan.   

The Vikings were hoping to move this pick to a Mac Jones loving team and also hoped that Christian Darrisaw might fall they eventually decide on the athletic marvel with big upside Paye to begin to rebuild their defensive line.   The Vikes need alot of defense and some OL help so the move down (no second rounder currently) is most probable.

The Patriots @section122 are on the clock (boooo!)

@section122 It didn't seem like the tag worked there. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Patriots (section122) are on the clock

Easy pick here....

With the 15th pick the New England Patriots****** select Mac Jones, qb, alabama.

NE really has a pretty strong roster outside of qb and bb's relationship with Saban will give them a ton of additional information.  Jones was better than Tua and is going 10 picks later.  A no brainer imo.

Eagles and @Philo are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Philo) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, section122 said:

Easy pick here....

With the 15th pick the New England Patriots****** select Mac Jones, qb, alabama.

NE really has a pretty strong roster outside of qb and bb's relationship with Saban will give them a ton of additional information.  Jones was better than Tua and is going 10 picks later.  A no brainer imo.

Trash luck for a trash team.  But probably how it will go

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think LAC would be thrilled to get one of Slater or Sewell. 

My inclination was OL, but I think a defensive guru like Staley would've been thrilled to pick his CB1 there.

I really have no opinion on any of the top 5 QB’s in the draft, and I wouldn’t be shocked if any of them turn out good or bad. 

All that to say, it’ll be nice to start at zero for whoever the Jets and Pats get and be confident in my “he sucks and will be a bust” assertions. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Not to derail the thread but I am less convinced on the above. I have 4 first round corner grades, 2 second round corner grades and then another 4 in round 3. That is down on the norm. I don't like the depth of the corner class. 

• Agree 1

With the 16th pick of the 2021 draft the Arizona Cardinals select Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina. 

Arizona has a glaring need for an infusion of CB talent and is excited to select a player with Horn’s upside and NFL pedigree. The team believes he will quickly solidify himself as CB1, filling the void left by Patrick Peterson’s departure in FA. 

@Victory Formation and the LV Raiders are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Raiders (Victory Formation) are on the clock

With the 17th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the LV Raiders select: Alijah-Vera Tucker, OG, USC

The Raiders could really use some help on the OL. I really wanted to take Sam Cosmi here but ultimately I felt that Tucker could potentially be a Pro Bowl guard at the next level and although I feel that Cosmi will be a good LT, Kolton Miller has shown improvement and the Raiders need help inside the most. Thought about Jeremiah Owusu-Karamoah here or Trevon Moehrig but I just feel that you build through the trenches.

@Logic

You’re up my friend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Easy pick here....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. and they still don’t have a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1