TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

As you already know your formatting sucks, but I really appreciate your pick - keeps this mock as real as possible imo.

When did he become the consensus #2 pick that everyone wants?   I’m definitely hearing his name more than anyone else not named Trevor 

Sorry Folks, Early on the West Coast !

With the 3rd pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State.

The Atlanta Falcons @BigdaddyinOrlando are on the clock.

Justin is will fit well in our QB room with 2021 Starter Jimmy Garoppolo and the "Wrong Josh."

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (BigDaddyinOrlando) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Virgil said:

When did he become the consensus #2 pick that everyone wants?   I’m definitely hearing his name more than anyone else not named Trevor 

I don't know if everyone wants him, I just think that prevailing opinion right now is that Jets are taking Wilson, so I appreciate that he took him.

And I really think it is going to happen. I would be shocked if they didn't take QB. It doesn't matter that Darnold was put into bad situation and its not completely his fault, I just don't see GM who didn't draft him and new coach not taking QB at 2 when it seems that there are couple of really good QBs. They just need to pick right one and most people seem to think its Wilson.

Also recent events seem to support it. There was a rumour that Eagles only wanted Wilson to trade up and now they are trading down. 49ers traded to 3 and there is connection between them and Saleh, so they probably have good idea what are Jets doing. And it has to be taking QB, otherwise it would be THEM who would trade down. 

With the 4th pick in TSW Mock draft the Atlanta Falcons select, Kyle Pitts,Te, from Florida

The Cincinnati Bengals @H2O are on the clock. 

The Falcons thought about Qb here, but w Ryan here for three more years after his restructuring and no real difference makers on defense at the top, decided to get him another weapon. Pitts on the field with Hurst will cause matchup issues all over and keep teams from doubling Jones and Ridley.

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando
Forgot a word
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

@H2ois on the clock 

9 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With the 4th pick in TSW Mock draft the Atlanta Falcons select, Kyle Pitts,Te, from Florida

The Cincinnati Bengals @H2O are on the clock. 

The Falcons thought about Qb here, but w Ryan here for three more years after his restructuring and no real difference makers on defense at the top, decided to get him another weapon. Pitts on the field with Hurst will cause matchup issues all over and keep teams from doubling Jones and Ridley.

Interesting pick.  I agree about the lack of defensive difference makers?  I’m too lazy to google, but where will this put his salary compared to other TE’s?

This is a pick I could see being traded out of, which I know we aren’t doing in this draft.  

Edited by Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bengals (H2o) are on the clock
11 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't know if everyone wants him, I just think that prevailing opinion right now is that Jets are taking Wilson, so I appreciate that he took him.

And I really think it is going to happen. I would be shocked if they didn't take QB. It doesn't matter that Darnold was put into bad situation and its not completely his fault, I just don't see GM who didn't draft him and new coach not taking QB at 2 when it seems that there are couple of really good QBs. They just need to pick right one and most people seem to think its Wilson.

Also recent events seem to support it. There was a rumour that Eagles only wanted Wilson to trade up and now they are trading down. 49ers traded to 3 and there is connection between them and Saleh, so they probably have good idea what are Jets doing. And it has to be taking QB, otherwise it would be THEM who would trade down. 

I don’t disagree at all.  I feel like Fields was the number 2 for a while, now he might be 4 or 5.  It’s crazy to me how much it can all change when they aren’t even playing.  But the same can be said for Josh.  

If I’m the Jets, I think I would try to salvage Darnold.  I don’t view Wilson as a generational talent and that whole team needs a culture reboot.  I’d be trading back and just accumulating picks as this isn’t the year to build in.  Get a few pieces, take it on the chin, and position yourself down the road if Darnold isn’t your guy.  

I know that’s easier said than done.  But for the #2 pick, you could get an absolute haul.  It’s too late for that now after the recent trades, but that’s just my opinion 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t disagree at all.  I feel like Fields was the number 2 for a while, now he might be 4 or 5.  It’s crazy to me how much it can all change when they aren’t even playing.  But the same can be said for Josh.  

If I’m the Jets, I think I would try to salvage Darnold.  I don’t view Wilson as a generational talent and that whole team needs a culture reboot.  I’d be trading back and just accumulating picks as this isn’t the year to build in.  Get a few pieces, take it on the chin, and position yourself down the road if Darnold isn’t your guy.  

I know that’s easier said than done.  But for the #2 pick, you could get an absolute haul.  It’s too late for that now after the recent trades, but that’s just my opinion 

Yeah, I don’t see it with Wilson or Fields.. I think Trey Lance will be a good one but he needs to sit for a year. I think Trevor Lawrence is very much like Justin Herbert and he’ll be a good pro but I don’t think this QB group is as good as some would have you believe. And I don’t think Darnold is salvageable at this point, but if you take the wrong guy it’ll set ya back a few years. Better off building a complete roster and taking a QB next year if you’re the Jets.

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Yeah, I don’t see it with Wilson or Fields.. I think Trey Lance will be a good one but he needs to sit for a year. I think Trevor Lawrence is very much like Justin Herbert and he’ll be a good pro but I don’t think this QB group is as good as some would have you believe. And I don’t think Darnold is salvageable at this point, but if you take the wrong guy it’ll set ya back a few years. Better off building a complete roster and taking a QB next year if you’re the Jets.

Darnold has shown the flashes to me.  It’s just a matter of it you can fix his PTSD.  He’s gotten destroyed behind that line and is always hearing footsteps.  

Give him some protection and guys to throw to, and that confidence can build.

It’s not a guarantee, but no one is  

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Darnold has shown the flashes to me.  It’s just a matter of it you can fix his PTSD.  He’s gotten destroyed behind that line and is always hearing footsteps.  

Give him some protection and guys to throw to, and that confidence can build.

It’s not a guarantee, but no one is  

Right, right but once you reach that point it’s almost a point of no return. Only a select few QBs that I can think of have bounced back from that (Steve Young, Alex Smith and Drew Brees), not to say that it can’t happen but I bet it doesn’t.

43 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Just curious as to what you don’t like about Wilson?

I think Wilson is the clear 2nd best QB with Fields Lance and Jones battling for 3rd. Depending on the offense you plan on running, any of the 3 could be taken after wilson

With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Ja'Marr Chase... Wide Receiver... LSU. 

Chase was part of the most prolific offense in college football history along with who slinging the rock around? That's right, Joe Burrow. They already have an established chemistry. This pick gives Burrow a guy he can immediately click with and cause opposing defenses problems. 

@Logic and the Miami Dolphins are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Dolphins (Logic) are on the clock
1 minute ago, H2o said:

With the 5th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Ja'Marr Chase... Wide Receiver... LSU. 

Chase was part of the most prolific offense in college football history along with who slinging the rock around? That's right, Joe Burrow. They already have an established chemistry. This pick gives Burrow a guy he can immediately click with and cause opposing defenses problems. 

@Logic and the Miami Dolphins are on the clock. 

These last two picks couldn’t have felt great for the Dolphins

• Agree 3

With the sixth pick in the 2021 TSW Mock Draft, the Miami Dolphins select OT Penei Sewell, Oregon

Our top priority as an organization is to surround Tua Tagovailoa with protection and weapons, so that we can see if he is “the guy” as soon as possible. We were evaluating wide receiver prospects at this spot. We frankly did not expect a player of Penei Sewell’s caliber to be available at six. We feel he is a generational talent at offensive tackle, with the potential to be a perennial All-Pro and the best tackle in the league. Respectfully, we also wonder who is going to keep Joe Burrow upright next season in Cincinnatti...

While we just drafted Austin Jackson and Robert Hunt last season, Sewell was truly the Best Player Available here, and we simply could not pass on adding him to our team. We believe that Robert Hunt, a thickly built player at 324 lbs, can slide into the right guard spot, and that Jackson and Sewell can be bookend tackles for years to come. By adding Sewell at tackle and sliding Robert Hunt to guard, we feel we’re improving two positions at once. Additionally, since our quarterback is left-handed, it is very important to have a high quality right tackle. We will let competition and camp reps decide who plays on the left and who plays on the right between Jackson and Sewell. 

Both pass catchers that we would have considered here were already selected, and we didn't feel there were any others worthy of the sixth pick. Linebacker Micah Parsons was also considered here, but again, the value screamed Sewell's name. At the end of the day, we simply went with the best player available on our draft board.

@Watkins101and the Detroit Lions are now on the clock

59 minutes ago, Virgil said:

These last two picks couldn’t have felt great for the Dolphins

Nope. Sucked big ones.

Was gonna go Chase. Gotta stick with the draft board though, and its hard to turn down a franchise tackle.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just curious as to what you don’t like about Wilson?

I think Wilson is the clear 2nd best QB with Fields Lance and Jones battling for 3rd. Depending on the offense you plan on running, any of the 3 could be taken after wilson

Well, he seems to hold onto the ball quite a bit, much like Josh did earlier in his career. I wonder if he will take a lot of sacks in the NFL because of it. Very mobile, but will he take off too much if his guys aren’t open right away? Has great touch and can air it out but I wish there was more velocity on his throws. I’m not completely wowed away by him at all. I could eat crap for saying this but I don’t like him. Every year there’s seemingly 3-4 good QB prospects and maybe only 1 or 2 of them pan out at best. Almost reminds me of Rosen. 

I’m a big fan of Trevor Lawrence however, he is fantastic and I think if Trey Lance is handled the right way I think he’ll be the second best QB in the draft. Needs to sit for a year or two but physically the kid is gifted, very high ceiling, tremendous skill set but needs some serious work refining his skills with a quality offensive minded coach. Poor man’s Josh Allen. Can take off, truck people and break tackles the way Josh does... Arm talent nowhere near as good but it’s good not great.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nope. Sucked big ones.

Was gonna go Chase. Gotta stick with the draft board though, and its hard to turn down a franchise tackle, though. 

Is it wrong I feel a sense of accomplishment sticking it to the Phins, even in a mock draft? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (Watkins101) are on the clock
8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, he seems to hold onto the ball quite a bit, much like Josh did earlier in his career. I wonder if he will take a lot of sacks in the NFL because of it. Very mobile, but will he take off too much if his guys aren’t open right away? Has great touch and can air it out but I wish there was more velocity on his throws. I’m not completely wowed away by him at all. I could eat crap for saying this but I don’t like him. Every year there’s seemingly 3-4 good QB prospects and maybe only 1 or 2 of them pan out at best. Almost reminds me of Rosen. 

I’m a big fan of Trevor Lawrence however, he is fantastic and I think if Trey Lance is handled the right way I think he’ll be the second best QB in the draft. Needs to sit for a year or two but physically the kid is gifted, very high ceiling, tremendous skill set but needs some serious work refining his skills with a quality offensive minded coach. Poor man’s Josh Allen. Can take off, truck people and break tackles the way Josh does... Arm talent nowhere near as good but it’s good not great.

Thanks for the great response.  

I love Wilson’s arm.  It’s not allen, Rodgers type arm, but I think it’s a tier below.  Love his mobility and ability to feel the rush.  

I hope you’re right if the Jets take him, which I’m quite certain they will. 

I can’t stand Lances throwing motion.  Love his athleticism for sure.  I think I’d take Fields over Lance as of now.....but I still have to watch more tape.  Fields has made big time throws in big games, whereas Lance has barely even played