TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think so, and I agree it is big for him. He does "look fast" on the field but if he clocks in slow that is the end of his 1st round buzz. 

Yeah, he def looks more quick and explosive than he is fast.  He also runs with some nice power.

I just like that, athletically, he brings something to the table that I haven’t really seen in the nfl other than Hill.  Albeit, toney isn’t as fast as hill, his make you miss potential is right there with him.  Get him the ball space and he can be special. 

• Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

And the drops, and the misran routes.... he had elite speed. His production was because he lacked lots of other things you need. 

Nahhh.. Percy was borderline elite before his bell got rung too many times. A healthy Percy Harvin was deadly. He’s the Shawn Merriman of WRs. Would of had a great career if not for the injuries.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Nahhh.. Percy was borderline elite before his bell got rung too many times. A healthy Percy Harvin was deadly. He’s the Shawn Merriman of WRs. Would of had a great career if not for the injuries.

One of the most overrated players I have ever seen in the NFL. He had elite speed and literally 1 good season. If people want to tell that is the rule and all the other seasons were the exception, fine. But it is stretching reality. I will leave it there for fear of derailing the thread yet further haha. 

Watch that Moore highlight video I posted to get a small taste. Then watch your boy Toney. Lastly, remember the offenses these guys played for and who their supporting cast was and tell me whose the better prospect (outside of injury because I do understand that part is a knock against Moore)

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

It matters. Boogie was on pace for back to back 10 sack seasons. Did Oweh even have a sack last year? Phillips may be solid.

No offense, but talk to someone else about comparing college stats. I really couldn’t care less about them.  

I’m not advocating drafting Oweh.  Phillips,  I really like....but the concussions really worry me.  

basham had over 25% of his career sacks in 2 games, while playing in 40.

like I said, I just don’t see him as twitchy enough. His bread in butter getting to the QB in college was power and not giving up. Power rushers scare me.  He’s just not what I’m looking for at 30.  If he’s there in rd 2 and he’s the pick, so be it.  If he’s the pick @30, I’ll think Shaq and eric flowers 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

One of the most overrated players I have ever seen in the NFL. He had elite speed and literally 1 good season. If people want to tell that is the rule and all the other seasons were the exception, fine. But it is stretching reality. I will leave it there for fear of derailing the thread yet further haha. 

But he was fun to watch! 

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Watch that Moore highlight video I posted to get a small taste. Then watch your boy Toney. Lastly, remember the offenses these guys played for and who their supporting cast was and tell me whose the better prospect (outside of injury because I do understand that part is a knock against Moore)

Watched.  Watched several tapes.  I see something different

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Watched several tapes.  I see something different

That’s fine. Guess it’ll just be a friendly bet in a couple years for bragging rights on who was right between Toney and Moore. I’ll ride Moore but man I hope he doesn’t go to the ravens lol

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

No offense, but talk to someone else about comparing college stats. I really couldn’t care less about them.  

I’m not advocating drafting Oweh.  Phillips,  I really like....but the concussions really worry me.  

basham had over 25% of his career sacks in 2 games, while playing in 40.

like I said, I just don’t see him as twitchy enough. His bread in butter getting to the QB in college was power and not giving up. Power rushers scare me.  He’s just not what I’m looking for at 30.  If he’s there in rd 2 and he’s the pick, so be it.  If he’s the pick @30, I’ll think Shaq and eric flowers 

Phillips may be solid, but Oweh is a bust waiting to happen. I understand he ran a 4.36 but to me he is a Maybin clone. Not one sack last year, that is terrifying to me. Typically sacks do indicate if an EDGE will bear fruit or not, it is a solid indicator for what they’ll do. Boogie did well in the Senior Bowl too.

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

That’s fine. Guess it’ll just be a friendly bet in a couple years for bragging rights on who was right between Toney and Moore. I’ll ride Moore but man I hope he doesn’t go to the ravens lol

Dude, people killed me cause I wanted Allen over Rosen. Some of these folks had very strong opinions and wouldn’t back off me even a tiny little. We’ll see. I hope someone brings up Boogie in a year or two years.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, he def looks more quick and explosive than he is fast.  He also runs with some nice power.

I just like that, athletically, he brings something to the table that I haven’t really seen in the nfl other than Hill.  Albeit, toney isn’t as fast as hill, his make you miss potential is right there with him.  Get him the ball space and he can be special. 

I think we are seeing that elusiveness with the ball in hand....but without real speed......doesn't yield the returns it did 10 years ago even.   

Back 7's are just too fast now.   

Real speed has emerged as a bigger factor........and real speed doesn't start until you get under that 4.4 mark now.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Dude, people killed me cause I wanted Allen over Rosen. Some of these folks had very strong opinions and wouldn’t back off me even a tiny little. We’ll see. I hope someone brings up Boogie in a year or two years.

I hear you brother and I actually do like boogie a lot but I’m not always the best at scouting pass rushers but I do know my skill positions

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:Dude, people killed me cause I wanted Allen over Rosen. Some of these folks had very strong opinions and wouldn’t back off me even a tiny little. We’ll see. I hope someone brings up Boogie in a year or two years.

Ha, and how dumb do you look now?  

Josh Allen, you’re an idiot 

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Phillips may be solid, but Oweh is a bust waiting to happen. I understand he ran a 4.36 but to me he is a Maybin clone. Not one sack last year, that is terrifying to me. Typically sacks do indicate if an EDGE will bear fruit or not, it is a solid indicator for what they’ll do. Boogie did well in the Senior Bowl too.

Maybin played DE @220lbs in college.

I see the raw athlete comparisons, but Oweh is a MUCH more developed specimen than Maybin was.  Oweh is explosive @250+ Coming out of college while Maybin had to put on 30lbs to get there.

but again, I don’t think oweh should be the pick, so I’m not arguing in favor of him.  I really hope we don’t take Oweh or Basham.  Basham is clearly the safer pick, but oweh is the higher upside pass rusher. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think we are seeing that elusiveness with the ball in hand....but without real speed......doesn't yield the returns it did 10 years ago even.   

Back 7's are just too fast now.   

Real speed has emerged as a bigger factor........and real speed doesn't start until you get under that 4.4 mark now.

I agree. 

if he runs 4.5+ I’d have my reservations.  

looking back, there really weren’t many true impact “gadget type” offensive weapons.  I suppose the role I’d see him in is that of Az-Zahir- Hakim.  Not a 1 or 2 receiving option, but a piece that teams would have to account for as he has the skill set to make a D pay.  Possibly the cherry on top of an already great O.  Possibly the enough of an impact to put us over the top 

But if he runs 4.5+, he may not have the ability to make teams pay like our offense needs.  

image.png

i appreciate that insight.  I have just read he is a freak athlete and good against the run. I agree there are 1T’s available later. 

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

It matters. Boogie was on pace for back to back 10 sack seasons. Did Oweh even have a sack last year? Phillips may be solid.

your man crush on Boogie is enjoyable.  But I agree.  I’d take Boogie over Oweh.  I’d like Boogie in the 2nd.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

If he goes to the Ravens, we'll never know how could he could be. :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1