Jump to content

Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing


HOUSE
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Exactly.  I am not sure why this is even a thing right now.  I also agree with the Texans stance.  If I am the GM there I want everything and more.  Teams only get a QB of Watson's ability once every 20 years.   If I cant get 3+ first round picks, plus players in return, then he can sit at home or retire.  He signed the contract very recently, it was the same owner then. 

 

I think the piece teams were doing in the spring is their due diligence on criminal charges. There were organisations willing to take him on so long as the allegations against him remained of a civil only nature. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eesch, seems a little late, IMO. The amount they could have gotten back has dramatically lowered. 
 

I wonder if they’ve heard some bad news that’s driving their choice now. Would be very difficult to get a team to commit to moving serious assets for him now with the cases still pending. 
 

Especially if it’s true their asking price is three first round picks. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They need to get Watson to settle his case before they're going to get a lot of interest and even then it's going to need time. Trading him now is not going to get them good value on the trade. 

 

They need him to settle that case now, let him play through the year and hope he has a decent season despite how the team plays and then trade him next offseason. 

 

Unfortunately for their fans, Watson seems like a scumbag torpedoing his value and the team has handled pretty much everything as badly as possible. 

Edited by jeremy2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:


 

I doubt it and in reality - this seems like Houston trying to regain some control as I think they were hoping he would hold out on his demands to never play in Houston again.

 

Since he is going to report and his crimes seem bad - they will offer up - yep we are looking to trade him, but I don’t think it is sincere- just makes a better headline. 
 

We are letting him come in and looking to move on - rather than the truth - he is most likely our starting QB until something else drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They need to get Wilson to settle his case before they're going to get a lot of interest and even then it's going to need time. Trading him now is not going to get them good value on the trade. 

 

They need him to settle that case now, let him play through the year and hope he has a decent season despite how the team plays and then trade him next offseason. 

 

Unfortunately for their fans, Wilson seems like a scumbag torpedoing his value and the team has handled pretty much everything as badly as possible. 

 

Watson?

 

Wilson has no cases against him.  If you’re gonna call someone a scumbag, you might want to get their name correct

 

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I doubt it and in reality - this seems like Houston trying to regain some control as I think they were hoping he would hold out on his demands to never play in Houston again.

 

Since he is going to report and his crimes seem bad - they will offer up - yep we are looking to trade him, but I don’t think it is sincere- just makes a better headline. 
 

We are letting him come in and looking to move on - rather than the truth - he is most likely our starting QB until something else drops.

 

I don’t follow this last part

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Houston is happy to move on with their current QB room as Watson not playing will buy their FO/new HC some breathing room anyway, and if they tank this season they should be sitting even prettier come next draft to make a move for a new franchise guy, in the event that Davis Mills doesn't show out enough after he (inevitably) starts following Taylor's just as inevitable season-ending injury...no matter what the rumors are concerning the price point, they will adjust the ask to get what they can for him and move on from there, imho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Watson?

 

Wilson has no cases against him.  If you’re gonna call someone a scumbag, you might want to get their name correct

 

 

I don’t follow this last part


 

I believe that both Watson and Houston know that Watson will be the starting QB at some point this season for Houston because the trade value is not there.

 

I also think that the team wants to make it look like to the fan base that they are looking at trade options because Watson seems toxic in the community.  I think they are just trying to find optics to get through the first few days/weeks until everything settles down.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the latest of a million rumors is Philly. Funny they have the least cap of all 32 teams, but NO has proven over and over you can always find it.  
 

Outside of Dallas the whole NFC least could use him.  Perfect for us to lose him to the NFC and we don’t face the least for two years.  Those not respecting his talent is a fools errand.  I don’t like his personal choices as how could you, but I respect his abilities.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:


 

I believe that both Watson and Houston know that Watson will be the starting QB at some point this season for Houston because the trade value is not there.

 

I also think that the team wants to make it look like to the fan base that they are looking at trade options because Watson seems toxic in the community.  I think they are just trying to find optics to get through the first few days/weeks until everything settles down.

 

 

 

That makes some sense then, Thanks for explaining.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:


 

I believe that both Watson and Houston know that Watson will be the starting QB at some point this season for Houston because the trade value is not there.

 

I also think that the team wants to make it look like to the fan base that they are looking at trade options because Watson seems toxic in the community.  I think they are just trying to find optics to get through the first few days/weeks until everything settles down.

 

 

 

 

After watching Kobe Bryant survive his rape case and become maybe the most beloved athlete in sport............who is to say that Watson can't wriggle his way out of this entirely?

 

He should play the season in Houston and re-build his rep.    

 

That would be for the best for us as Bills fans too.   With him at QB the Texans gave Indy and Tennessee some very tough games.........if they can steal a win or two against those teams this year that might help the Bills wrt playoff seeding.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

After watching Kobe Bryant survive his rape case and become maybe the most beloved athlete in sport............who is to say that Watson can't wriggle his way out of this entirely?

 

He should play the season in Houston and re-build his rep.    

 

That would be for the best for us as Bills fans too.   With him at QB the Texans gave Indy and Tennessee some very tough games.........if they can steal a win or two against those teams this year that might help the Bills wrt playoff seeding.

 

 

 

Kobe was accused by one woman and I think it was pretty clear that it was consensual.

 

Watson's accuser count is in the double-digits.

 

Not a great comparison.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

 

Kobe was accused by one woman and I think it was pretty clear that it was consensual.

 

Watson's accuser count is in the double-digits.

 

Not a great comparison.

 

But at the moment there remains no sign of criminal charges. Like it or not (and it does leave an unpleasant taste) if there are no criminal charges brought he will continue his career. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

 

But at the moment there remains no sign of criminal charges. Like it or not (and it does leave an unpleasant taste) if there are no criminal charges brought he will continue his career. 


it may even continue relatively uninterrupted. We will see.

 

if he could land in a place that’s a bit of a media black hole, that may help. But winning cures a lot and he’s a very good qb.

 

I would not be shocked to

see a big package with playing time qualifiers on the first rounders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...