Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

12 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Why does Doug Whaley get no credit for this draft?  White, Dawkins, and Milano are studs.  He made plenty of mistakes as our GM but I do think he could evaluate college talent.

Biden I mean Beane will be getting the credit for that.  That’s how it works 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I went to Bills website to view their story on Milano

It is so bad that Bills website can create a webpage which quickly serves up ads repeatedly but cannot show videos of the plays as quickly.

Hey, they got Bills to pay ya know... 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:07 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No because the way to attack the Chiefs defense is with RB's and TE's. See the Raiders success against them this year as well as the Super Bowl. Tampa Bay WR's were well below their averages in the super bowl while Gronk and Fournette went off.

I wish Buffalo had a Darren Sproles type RB. I think that would add a whole new dimension to their offense. Like Chan Gailey “water bug” guy

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I wish Buffalo had a Darren Sproles type RB. I think that would add a whole new dimension to their offense. Like Chan Gailey “water bug” guy

and how' that work out for us?

LOL  jk

Matt Milano is my new Hero and I want the very best for him 😍

I think Bills will be looking at running back that better compliments Moss. Either a players like you mention? Or a heavier downhill runner who block and pick up a blitz. (Hello Antonio !  )
 But running need to get sorted this season

Defense looks good. Find some up and comers via the draft

Milano is was huge play to keep the band together ! 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

and how' that work out for us?

LOL  jk

Matt Milano is my new Hero and I want the very best for him 😍

I think Bills will be looking at running back that better compliments Moss. Either a players like you mention? Or a heavier downhill runner who block and pick up a blitz. (Hello Antonio !  )
 But running need to get sorted this season

Defense looks good. Find some up and comers via the draft

Milano is was huge play to keep the band together ! 

I agree. People don’t appreciate a guy like Milano until he’s gone. I was watching some film on him and he’s a fast reacting guy, hits the hole hard, and good in coverage. We need to keep the homegrown talent.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If Bills sign a great pass rusher in FA I’d consider CB high in the draft but other than that I’m prioritizing offense for just about all of of the draft.... And maybe another 1T DT somewhere but that’s about it.

I still would follow the premium position model in the draft...........but yeah they should be investing in that offense.........that's where the chips and $ will pay dividends.

They have a TON of money.....and 3 of their first 4 #1 draft picks......tied up in that defense.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I still would follow the premium position model in the draft...........but yeah they should be investing in that offense.........that's where the chips and $ will pay dividends.

They have a TON of money.....and 3 of their first 4 #1 draft picks......tied up in that defense.

Did anyone else catch the presser - it was near the playoffs, but I can't remember exactly where - where Daboll kind of pointedly commented "Josh Allen is the only first round draft pick we have on offense"?  He sounded a wee bit salty about it too.

Some might point out that Diggs, perchance, should be considered as a 1st round draft pick since we gave ours for him

Others might question, if a guy is a "cast off" from another team's 1st round, does he still count as a 1st round pick for us?

But his point remains that we've invested 3 of our own 1st round draftees (White, Edmunds, Oliver) on D, plus 1 by trade in Hughes and FA Butler

On offense, we have Allen and (if you count him as a 1st round because we gave one up for him) Diggs.

3:1 or 5:2

There's also a point that right now, we've got $72M invested in contracts on offense and $106M invested in contracts on defense

Obviously there's more to building a team than collecting 1st round picks and also the investment balance will change quickly once Allen gets paid, but I think Daboll might pound the table a bit that it's time for a bit more 1st round offensive investment.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did anyone else catch the presser - it was near the playoffs, but I can't remember exactly where - where Daboll kind of pointedly commented "Josh Allen is the only first round draft pick we have on offense"?  He sounded a wee bit salty about it too.

Some might point out that Diggs, perchance, should be considered as a 1st round draft pick since we gave ours for him

Others might question, if a guy is a "cast off" from another team's 1st round, does he still count as a 1st round pick for us?

But his point remains that we've invested 3 of our own 1st round draftees (White, Edmunds, Oliver) on D, plus 1 by trade in Hughes and FA Butler

On offense, we have Allen and (if you count him as a 1st round because we gave one up for him) Diggs.

3:1 or 5:2

There's also a point that right now, we've got $72M invested in contracts on offense and $106M invested in contracts on defense

Obviously there's more to building a team than collecting 1st round picks and also the investment balance will change quickly once Allen gets paid, but I think Daboll might pound the table a bit that it's time for a bit more 1st round offensive investment.

Interesting thought.  They could spend some money at Tight End and Right Guard in Free Agency and take a Etienne at pick 30.  That would be a tough offense to stop.  

19 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I agree. People don’t appreciate a guy like Milano until he’s gone. I was watching some film on him and he’s a fast reacting guy, hits the hole hard, and good in coverage. We need to keep the homegrown talent.

agreed. Especially keeping players Bills have developed.

Its tough financially when they become very very good, But it also means you are running a successful program

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 7:04 PM, Chandler#81 said:

GO

AWAY!

HEY Einstein! Free Agency hasn’t even begun. Did I encourage you to go away? Just in case

GO AWAY!

Medication. He doesn’t take them.

Just good to know my fellow Canadian dude that I was not the only one thinking this was not a wise usage of cap,  I got killed experts do agree now.  I do like what Beane did with other signings but this was too much for an average player

But after the Bills finalized a 4-year, $44 million deal to bring Milano back, one analysis outlet said the money would have been better spent elsewhere. Pro Football Focus said signing Milano was their “least favorite” move by the Bills this offseason, saying there were more important positions to address and noting that Milano has been inconsistent in his play.  

47 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Just good to know my fellow Canadian dude that I was not the only one thinking this was not a wise usage of cap,  I got killed experts do agree now.  I do like what Beane did with other signings but this was too much for an average player

But after the Bills finalized a 4-year, $44 million deal to bring Milano back, one analysis outlet said the money would have been better spent elsewhere. Pro Football Focus said signing Milano was their “least favorite” move by the Bills this offseason, saying there were more important positions to address and noting that Milano has been inconsistent in his play.  

I think this is total garbage. Peter King is on record saying the best FA singing in the AFCE is Milano with the Bills.

I recommend becoming a Sabres fan. I think you may find it more to your liking...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think this is total garbage. Peter King is on record saying the best FA singing in the AFCE is Milano with the Bills.

I recommend becoming a Sabres fan. I think you may find it more to your liking...

I had to bring this to your attention because I took a beating for saying it and as it turns out I was not the only one. ,  contract may not seem bad once new TV money kicks in an Beane did great job with other signings.  Not sure if TE Kyle Pitts will be available when Bills draft.  6'6 245 and run 4.4 forty.  That would be all the Bills need on offense and then spend remainder of the draft on defensive side,  not going to lie I am concerned with our DLINE.

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I had to bring this to your attention because I took a beating for saying it and as it turns out I was not the only one. ,  contract may not seem bad once new TV money kicks in an Beane did great job with other signings.  Not sure if TE Kyle Pitts will be available when Bills draft.  6'6 245 and run 4.4 forty.  That would be all the Bills need on offense and then spend remainder of the draft on defensive side,  not going to lie I am concerned with our DLINE.

On Pitts there is no chance.