Dolphins trade for OT Isaiah Wilson [Edit: now cut him]

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Geez.  Wouldn’t it have been better for Titans to just keep him on the roster than take a $5m cap hit trading him for a swap of 7th round picks?  It’s not like Tennessee has a lot of cap room.  

That’s how much they wanted him gone 

26 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

They gave up a 2021 7th Rounder and get Wilson and a 2022 7th Rounder.

Seriously?  Then they overpaid. 

Per OTC anyway, guy has guaranteed salary for the next 3 years.  $4.5M worth.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Geez.  Wouldn’t it have been better for Titans to just keep him on the roster than take a $5m cap hit trading him for a swap of 7th round picks?  It’s not like Tennessee has a lot of cap room.  

I think they save money by trading him over cutting him.  $5M-ish saved.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You guys are missing the big picture here.  This is an obvious attempt to convince DeShawn Watson to lobby for a trade to Miami.  By bolstering their O-line in this way, how can Watson say no to the Dolphins?

Who does Miami have at WR again? And which OC is calling plays?

Bizarre trade all around. Miami is stuck with paying $4.5m of Wilson’s guaranteed salary over the next 3 years.  Titans are off the hook for that $4.5m but take an extra cap hit of $1.85m this year by trading him because of dead cap from his signing bonus.  Titans now have only $8m in cap space.  

It's an extremely low risk deal for the Dolphins and they have plenty of cap space to take a swing on him. I'm glad it was at the Titans' expense too. Couldn't happen to a better HC and organization, trading your 1st Round pick the following year for a 7th. :lol: Hopefully he goes awol in Miami too.

• Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

I suppose I'm the only person rooting for the kid.  Maybe he grows up.

I hope he turns his life around so he doesn't become another statistic.  Whether he plays football matters not to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's an extremely low risk deal for the Dolphins and they have plenty of cap space to take a swing on him. I'm glad it was at the Titans' expense too. Couldn't happen to a better HC and organization, trading your 1st Round pick the following year for a 7th. :lol: Hopefully he goes awol in Miami too.

Apparently Flores want to the same HS as Wilson. There’s somewhat of a connection. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bizarre trade all around. Miami is stuck with paying $4.5m of Wilson’s guaranteed salary over the next 3 years.  Titans are off the hook for that $4.5m but take an extra cap hit of $1.85m this year by trading him because of dead cap from his signing bonus.  Titans now have only $8m in cap space.  

The guaranteed money is spread out over three years, according to Spotrac.

$1.135,836, his 2021 salary,

$1,661,672 his 2022 salary,

and $1.09 of his 2023 salary.

That won't be too onerous for the Fins.

Even though it's Miami, it sounds like this guy is having issues. Depression, maybe, or some mental issues. And if so, they're taking a flier on him working his way thought that.

I think the coach picked his words carefully when he said the guy who we got in Nashville was a different guy than the one we interviewed.

So, was he lying at his interviews, and he's just a lazy duplicitious person? If so, Miami doesn't lose too much. Or does he have something that could maybe be helped with professional intervention and maybe some medication or therapy or whatever?

No way to know, but IMO worth a shot for Miami.

Edited by Thurman#1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope they didn’t give up too much for that clown 

Come On Man ;)

A division rival ;) 

I hope they broke the bank ;)

PS I know what you mean the player is an azz hat

I see it was a swap of 7ths...I was hoping for 1sts ;) 

Edited by JMF2006
trade details