H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Aweeeee. You’re such a cute alt lefty bot.

Tell me more about how you consider African Americans incapable of getting IDs please?

I just want to understand 

So triggered fan boy... we always know when you're in over your head.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

HA - the GQP is a dying party.  When the voters don't choose them - they turn around and choose the voters.

The dying party picked up house seats in the last election.  If the Donkey team over plays their hand which it seems like like they are and history repeats itself, the Donkey team will lose more next year.

When was the last time the party that won the Elephant election wins the next mid terms?  Hardly ever happens.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

The dying party picked up house seats in the last election.  If the Donkey team over plays their hand which it seems like like they are and history repeats itself, the Donkey team will lose more next year.

When was the last time the party that won the Elephant election wins the next mid terms?  Hardly ever happens.

Your party took a dark turn after the election... we will just have to see how things pan out.

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So triggered fan boy... we always know when you're in over your head.

You’re sweet kiddo.  I merely wish for you a future where you understand the world a little better. It’s really sweet how you pretend to care and demonstrate your cliff notes understanding of the world. I really do wish you learn that your political Sheppard is manipulating you. Life isn’t a marvel comic movie of good guys vs bad guys like you think. 

free thinking is a wonderful thing. But it takes some courage, and it’s hard to deviate from the flock. I wish you well. 

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

I’m almost afraid to engage here...but this map shows California is looking to restrict voting rights? Really? That’s interesting. Who’s going to be allowed to vote here....ONLY illegal immigrants?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m almost afraid to engage here...but this map shows California is looking to restrict voting rights? Really? That’s interesting. Who’s going to be allowed to vote here....ONLY illegal immigrants?

This is simply that the Left is using their standard "word games"

ANY type of voter verification proposals, voter rolls cleanup, or (especially) scaling back from the pandemic lengthening of days to vote and unlimited absentee ballots ............is declared RESTRICTING voters rights.

Its hogwash.

You picked out the right example, do they really want us to believe that Democrat dominated California is trying to restrict voting ?

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

12 definite wins for me 2 questionable wins for you. Only a Bills fan would think they’re winning this argument 

Who’s forcing anyone to do anything?  😂

Who gets arrested for “forcing” these people to wait in lines?  Oh wait wait I know. ....TRUMP!!

Oh and the Bill REQUIRES polling places to hire additional staff and if they’ve had wait times of an hour or more. 

You look thirsty.  How about a niiiiice cooool glass of water. 

When @BillStime has nothing he opts for some silly emoticon and runs away.  

But go ahead you see racism at every turn.  This will not fix actual racism if you scream RACISM whenever someone on the Right does something.  Like supporting Trump.  

So I'm going to ask you @BillStime a question.  If you saw a white guy beating the crap out of a black dude on the street would you scream RACISM and if so (or not) why?

WALTER OLSON: Why State Election Reform Bills Don’t Signal a New Jim Crow Era: People are bickering over measures that were considered normal just a few years ago.

https://thedispatch.com/p/why-state-election-reform-bills-dont

Well, we’re in the midst of an all-out war against things that were considered normal just a few years ago.

55 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When @BillStime has nothing he opts for some silly emoticon and runs away.  

But go ahead you see racism at every turn.  This will not fix actual racism if you scream RACISM whenever someone on the Right does something.  Like supporting Trump.  

So I'm going to ask you @BillStime a question.  If you saw a white guy beating the crap out of a black dude on the street would you scream RACISM and if so (or not) why?

Ridiculous - I do have other responsibilities in my life other than cater to your rabbit hole.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

WALTER OLSON: Why State Election Reform Bills Don’t Signal a New Jim Crow Era: People are bickering over measures that were considered normal just a few years ago.

Well, we’re in the midst of an all-out war against things that were considered normal just a few years ago.

i was just listening to a Georgia Republican official enumerate how Georgia election law bill still results in way more flexility than Biden’s Delaware’s existing laws, on early in person voters, no excuse mail in ballots, ID, and what can be given to people in line. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Ridiculous - I do have other responsibilities in my life other than cater to your rabbit hole.

Huh....you sure do post your ass off until challenged.  What, can't find any silly memes to prove you ridiculous claims of racism?

One man's rabbit hole is another's conversation/debate.  

What's the matter Colonel Sanders...........CHICKEN??

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Huh....you sure do post your ass off until challenged.  What, can't find any silly memes to prove you ridiculous claims of racism?

One man's rabbit hole is another's conversation/debate.  

What's the matter Colonel Sanders...........CHICKEN??

Desperate for attention, Jim?  

You haven't been able to prove that these changes make Georgia's election more secure and accessible.

You haven't even shared why these changes are necessary. Why Jim?  What has prompted all these GQP legislatures to make these changes? Say it Jim.

You haven't acknowledged the fact that the law strips the power to run Georgia elections from the Secretary of State and local counties and transfers it to a state board that is dominated by conservative Republicans. Why Jim?

If this law is about securing GA's election, how does this bill address the non-trivial risk of foreign or domestic bad actors interfering and hacking the voting systems?

Does it address any proven pitfalls in documenting and paying for an acceptable ID?  Some states apparently accept a hunting license as valid proof but not other reasonable forms.  Or the ID can only be gotten by standing in line at a bureau 2 hours away, which full time workers, homebound people and non-drivers aren't likely to be able to do during business hours?

How does this bill deal with last minute voter roll purges and stealth purges? Does it provide the ability to easily verify voting status ahead of election day and a way to quickly appeal an unfair purge?

Nope.

Any attempt to deny this is just plain depraved mendacity on the part of the GQP who know that their anti-democratic, anti-American racist, nativist, death-promoting party as currently constituted is ripe for the dust pin of history.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Desperate for attention, Jim?  

You haven't been able to prove that these changes make Georgia's election more secure and accessible.

You haven't even shared why these changes are necessary. Why Jim?  What has prompted all these GQP legislatures to make these changes? Say it Jim.

You haven't acknowledged the fact that the law strips the power to run Georgia elections from the Secretary of State and local counties and transfers it to a state board that is dominated by conservative Republicans. Why Jim?

If this law is about securing GA's election, how does this bill address the non-trivial risk of foreign or domestic bad actors interfering and hacking the voting systems?

Does it address any proven pitfalls in documenting and paying for an acceptable ID?  Some states apparently accept a hunting license as valid proof but not other reasonable forms.  Or the ID can only be gotten by standing in line at a bureau 2 hours away, which full time workers, homebound people and non-drivers aren't likely to be able to do during business hours?

How does this bill deal with last minute voter roll purges and stealth purges? Does it provide the ability to easily verify voting status ahead of election day and a way to quickly appeal an unfair purge?

Nope.

Any attempt to deny this is just plain depraved mendacity on the part of the GQP who know that their anti-democratic, anti-American racist, nativist, death-promoting party as currently constituted is ripe for the dust pin of history.

Well kind of hard to prove something that has not even been put the the test.  But I have posted how, in theory, these changes will make GA's elections safer and more accessible.  If can't figure that out on your own I'm cant help you   However you have yet to confirm how any of these changes are RACIST!!!  

So what are these pitfalls of obtaining ID?  I had to wait 3 hours for my DMV renewal during the pandemic and I kind of work a full time job.  Is it because I'm white? What is it that your actually saying about those YOU think can't figure it out.  Non-drivers?  So there is NO way for them to get to the DMV?  It's been gone over a million times.  Your stating that YOU think they can't figure it out is more racist that ANYTHING in that bill.  Again if you can't figure that out I can't help you.  

I present facts of the bill you, as usual, present feels. 

Yes we hate America, we hate POC, we are anti-American, we promote death.  Terribly sad that you think this way of people you don't even know.  Do yo categorize all conservatives in this manner. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Well kind of hard to prove something that has not even been put the the test.  But I have posted how, in theory, these changes will make GA's elections safer and more accessible.  If can't figure that out on your own I'm cant help you   However you have yet to confirm how any of these changes are RACIST!!!  

So what are these pitfalls of obtaining ID?  I had to wait 3 hours for my DMV renewal during the pandemic and I kind of work a full time job.  Is it because I'm white? What is it that your actually saying about those YOU think can't figure it out.  Non-drivers?  So there is NO way for them to get to the DMV?  It's been gone over a million times.  Your stating that YOU think they can't figure it out is more racist that ANYTHING in that bill.  Again if you can't figure that out I can't help you.  

I present facts of the bill you, as usual, present feels. 

Yes we hate America, we hate POC, we are anti-American, we promote death.  Terribly sad that you think this way of people you don't even know.  Do yo categorize all conservatives in this manner. 

And yet once again - I’m all “feels” (how often do we hear this pathetic condescending defense from these idiots?) - Jim can’t get enough of my feelings AND refuses to acknowledge the power grab from the governor and legislature. 

Edited by BillStime

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Change is scary, I know. It's ok.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Braves will still be playing there.

This is posturing for the mob.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If they want to avoid this being sniffed out as opportunistic PR move based on the map above, they better move it to Toronto. Or just don’t play it at all.

Would anyone care? 

Kinda like this?

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Exactly.  

If the GOP isn't out in full force in front of every mic echoing this question (and many others) then demand low info reporters explain what's "suppressive" about the law then they can all go to he....

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

voter-id-comic.jpg

So just try and focus the whole issue to one single aspect of the law, or laws, really. 

You guys got your butts kicked in Georgia so they are trying to change the rules, period. 

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Exactly.  

If the GOP isn't out in full force in front of every mic echoing this question (and many others) then demand low info reporters explain what's "suppressive" about the law then they can all go to he....

Ya, the GOP should go full whataboutism, that will do it! 😂 😆 

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

And yet once again - I’m all “feels” (how often do we hear this pathetic condescending defense from these idiots?) - Jim can’t get enough of my feelings AND refuses to acknowledge the power grab from the governor and legislature. 

A POWER GRAB???  Holy Cow.   The part of the Bill that Conservatives probably wouldn't like is the only part you choose to say you don't like. Awesome dude.   You're coming around.  

My work is done here........again.  

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol!!!! The Trump Party wants to mess with MLB?!? Omg, what could go wrong? 😂 

What is the MLB?  The mob?  Don't mess with MLB.  🤣

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not much to think about there, you idiots could screw up microwave popcorn. Idiots! 

Microwave popcorn??  And you call us idiots?? 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

A POWER GRAB???  Holy Cow.   The part of the Bill that Conservatives probably wouldn't like is the only part you choose to say you don't like. Awesome dude.   You're coming around.  

My work is done here........again.  

What is the MLB?  The mob?  Don't mess with MLB.  🤣

Microwave popcorn??  And you call us idiots?? 

Oh no - that's the PART THEY LIKE MOST... and the part you can't defend. 

Talk about responding with feelings.