H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

Let me summarize:

White Republicans: this law doesn’t hurt people of color

People of Color: yes this law hurts us

White Republican: we know better than you it doesn’t hurt you

People of Color: yes it is targeted to hurt us

People who support capitalism: great job MLB!

Republicans: no we want to be dictators and just agree with us

People who support capitalism: F off Republicans 

Republicans: but my feelings

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh no - that's the PART THEY LIKE MOST... and the part you can't defend. 

Talk about responding with feelings.

No I can't defend it because I don't know enough about how the GA State Legislature (or any other state for that matter) operates to determine if it's a good or a bad thing.  See I don't just go with "feels" based on who's in power.  Now let's get back to what YOU are not answering.

What makes the bill RACIST?  

23 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

How many POC's have you heard say this and why do they say it hurts them?  

I'm having such a hard time getting this answered. Why is that? 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No I can't defend it because I don't know enough about how the GA State Legislature (or any other state for that matter) operates to determine if it's a good or a bad thing.  See I don't just go with "feels" based on who's in power.  Now let's get back to what YOU are not answering.

Do you not know how to use Google? Start with the NAACP:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/civil-rights-group-sue-georgia-voting-law/story?id=76775186

Just because you are used to ignoring people of color doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Edited by Backintheday544

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Just because you are used to ignoring people of color doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

***** you!! 🤬

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They should just call the law  the  “Kemp Protection Act” 

Politicians trying to pick the voters, instead of the other way around. 

See now you're getting somewhere.  This is probably more about the fact that GA went Blue than ANYTHING to do with racism.  Oh no. Politicians acting badly.  Say it ain't so.  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

***** you!! 🤬

See now you're getting somewhere.  This is probably more about the fact that GA went Blue than ANYTHING to do with racism.  Oh no. Politicians acting badly.  Say it ain't so.  

youre the one ignoring people. Like really there’s tons of articles from groups of people of color saying hey this law is targeting us. You just chose to ignore them for some reason.

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s like Groundhog’s day with you. I am

not repeating this exchange from yesterday with you.

youre the one ignoring people. Like really there’s tons of articles from groups of people of color saying hey this law is targeting us. You just chose to ignore them for some reason.

Go back and read how you worded that comment.  You know what you said and you know the intent of what you said so I stand by my ***** you response. 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

It’s like Groundhog’s day with you. I am

not repeating this exchange from yesterday with you.

One man's groundhog day is that same man's inability to articulate why they feel the law is RACIST.  Call it a type of political gerrymandering and you might get me to agree with you.  But until you can give a very good argument (or ANY argument) why you think the Bill is racists I'm going to call you out on it.  I feel it's racists is an answer.  Not a good answer but an answer nonetheless.   And so far that's all I've gotten from you.  

Once everything becomes racist nothing will be racists.   We are very close to this.  Is this what you want?  

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Go back and read how you worded that comment.  You know what you said and you know the intent of what you said so I stand by my ***** you response. 

One man's groundhog day is that same man's inability to articulate why they feel the law is RACIST.  Call it a type of political gerrymandering and you might get me to agree with you.  But until you can give a very good argument (or ANY argument) why you think the Bill is racists I'm going to call you out on it.  I feel it's racists is an answer.  Not a good answer but an answer nonetheless.   And so far that's all I've gotten from you.  

Once everything becomes racist nothing will be racists.   We are very close to this.  Is this what you want?  

You are doing it more. Again, tons of groups of people of color are saying it’s racist and targets people of color.

You are choosing to ignore them and take your own point of view.

Ill go back to my original comment because it fits you well:

White Republicans: this law isn’t racist

People of Color: yes it is

White Republicans: well we know better than you

You are doing it more. Again, tons of groups of people of color are saying it’s racist and targets people of color.

You are choosing to ignore them and take your own point of view.

Ill go back to my original comment because it fits you well:

White Republicans: this law isn’t racist

People of Color: yes it is

White Republicans: well we know better than you

What exactly did you mean when you said this?  An I quote:

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What exactly did you mean when you said this?  An I quote:

just look at your post history like. “Yes we hate America, we hate POC, we are anti-American, we promote death”

Or the fact that you think no people of color have said this bill targets them.

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Let me summarize:

White Republicans: this law doesn’t hurt people of color

White Republican: we know better than you it doesn’t hurt you

People of Color: yes it is targeted to hurt us

People who support capitalism: great job MLB!

Republicans: no we want to be dictators and just agree with us

People who support capitalism: F off Republicans 

Republicans: but my feelings

Let me summarize:

The Left:  Any law for voting requirements is racist.  

The end. 

Edited by Big Blitz

just look at your post history like. “Yes we hate America, we hate POC, we are anti-American, we promote death”

Or the fact that you think no people of color have said this bill targets them.

Regarding you’re first post.  Seriously you think that’s what I was admitting to?   🤦🏻‍♂️

And to your second point. Where did I ever say that?  

And to your insinuation that I’m used to ignoring people of color I’m sticking with my first response. ***** you!  

6 hours ago, 716er said:

Good for the MLB. Actions speak louder than words.

Wow.  That's unprecedented as I don't ever remember a major league sport punishing a city whose state passed some sort of voting law.  I'm not a fan of certain aspects of the bill but there's nothing too egregious in it to warrant this type of move.  

On a side note .... they were supposed to celebrate the life of Hank Aaron.  Maybe they'll have it in Milwaukee now.

alternatively: racist voting requirements are racist

Let me know when you find one in Georgia that's akin to Jim Crow South. 

To all the low infos out there that see racism and the white man trying to prevent African Americans from voting by making these "it's Jim Crow!" allegations, that's fine.  We should learn from our history.  It's important to understand the ways in which the black vote has historically been suppressed by Democrats in this country.  I respect this history tremendously.  You can look it up on Google you'll find it no problem.  

Now go look up the elections in this country where fraud occurred.  Go ahead.  Google will probably immediately give you results like "Why Donald Trump's Fraud Allegations are baseless."  I don't even need to look I know what they're doing and how they're rigging the game 24/7/365.  But it's there.  You'll have to dig.  You'll see how inner city "Boss's" rigged them.  How the dead or non residents have voted.  How registration fraud is rampant.  It's all there.  That's this country's history to.  Fraudulent votes......I mean the presidential election of 1876 had BOTH black vote intimidation/suppression AND fraud.  

So as we've changed and evolved, the ways we suppress the vote can be manipulated in different ways.......but so to can the elections.  You can respect both.  It's not hard.  You're a hack if you only scream about the former and completely ignore the latter and claim it's not real.  Baseless!!  Uh huh.  Read a book.  

You can't have half the country thinking these votes are all a sham because hey, let's all vote by mail and vote TWO MONTHS early and if that scandal comes out or the candidate says something that disqualifies them say 3 weeks before the election......oh well.  And the fact that 20% have voted by the first debate or whatever it was.....laughable.  

You decided putting 90 million votes in the mail and turning election day into election season was a good idea.  It's not.  It's a mess and to think otherwise or that anyone who says this most definitely a racist is just plain asinine.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Wow.  That's unprecedented as I don't ever remember a major league sport punishing a city whose state passed some sort of voting law.  I'm not a fan of certain aspects of the bill but there's nothing too egregious in it to warrant this type of move.  

On a side note .... they were supposed to celebrate the life of Hank Aaron.  Maybe they'll have it in Milwaukee now.

Are y’all now seeing why I don’t watch sports anymore?  

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Happened in 2017:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/allstar/2016/07/21/nba-to-move-all-star-game-charlotte-anti-lgbt-bill/87395090/

To me it's not this we won't just "stick to sports."  

It's that the only 'causes' are the media approved "correct" causes.  Yes I prefer sports be politics free.  They should be.  But libs ruin everything.

Will they pull out of states that pass restrictive gun laws?  Abortion laws that make it easier for a 16 year old to get one then get her license?  Guaranteed there are far more baseball players that own guns then even know 1 thing about the Georgia law.  500x as many.  

No the media's selective attention to the "correct" ones drive the discussion in this country.  It's always been this way but now the causes must be in line with Maoist propaganda.   

Edited by Big Blitz

I cooked for celebrities in LA in the 90’s and 90’s. Learned to really dislike them.  It dawned on me a few years ago that many athletes are the exact same. They feel that because they are rich and famous their opinion matters and needs to be heard.  They’ve got the stage but I’ve dropped the curtain. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Bills are fun to watch again. They have real leadership. They are building  an organization on values of hard work and preparation. Check It out.

Nope. It’s not just the Bills anymore. It was when I first dropped them. Fool me once shame on me. Fool me 17 times I’m out.  Now it’s the whole sport. Call me crazy but it is the most boring way to spend a weekend.  You watch two college games on Saturday and two pro games on Sunday you have wasted 12 hours for 45 minute of action.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Do you not know how to use Google? Start with the NAACP:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/civil-rights-group-sue-georgia-voting-law/story?id=76775186

I read your article and it doesn't say why the law is racist.  It only says that it is.

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I read your article and it doesn't say why the law is racist.  It only says that it is.

The law says all people that meet the legal requirements to vote can and will be able to vote and will be afforded assistance to do so such as obtaining required personal identification.

The law says all people that do not meet the legal requirements to vote cannot and will not be able to vote.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This has been the talking points of most everyone. 

Them:  It’s racist!

Me: Why?

Them: 🦗

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, BillStime said:

BINGO

Bingo is right Joe!  You're exactly right.  2020 was a stolen year.  And half the country understands this.  

The Republicans let the absurdity happen because they were going to be accused of wanting you to die trying to vote.   

So now Georgia is doing something about it.  

Thank you for your service, Joe Walsh.

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bingo is right Joe!  You're exactly right.  2020 was a stolen year.  And half the country understands this.  

The Republicans let the absurdity happen because they were going to be accused of wanting you to die trying to vote.   

So now Georgia is doing something about it.  

Thank you for your service, Joe Walsh.

Still pushing the big lie - this works better ATOP.

Georgia Democrats stare down a mob of their own making

by Kaylee McGhee White

Leftist activists are busy whipping up a national boycott of Georgia-based businesses over the state’s new election integrity law. The boycott has the support of Hollywood and the White House, with President Joe Biden saying this week that he would support moving the MLB’s All-Star Game out of the state as a sign of protest. Georgia Democrats are now left trying to talk the mob down. “I absolutely oppose and reject any notion of boycotting Georgia,” Democratic Sen. Jon Ossoff said in a statement on Thursday. “Georgia welcomes business, investment, jobs, opportunity, and events. In fact, economic growth is driving

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/georgia-democrats-stare-down-a-mob-of-their-own-making

• Haha (+1) 1

My favorite part of the bill that Democrats cry suppression over is the provision about polling places closing at 5pm (they can remain open till 7).  

The implication being that you can't get out of work and to the polling places in time.  Oh that is most definitely suppression.  

I'll just let you let that sink in as to which constituencies of voters this actually impacts most.   

It ain't the party of universal income and permanent unemployment benefits and who's employers ranging from teachers to all federal employees basically have the day off in order for them to show up and vote for their 6 figure tax payer funded pensions.  

And who the h*** thought it was a good idea to give 6 months in 2020 to request an absentee ballot?  Are you freaking kidding me:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/why-all-the-lies-about-georgias-new-voting-law

Edited by Big Blitz