H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

15 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans lost Georgia and then passed this law to try and shave off as many votes as possible. They lost bu 38,000 votes and are obviously hoping by making it less easy to vote to shave off enough votes to stay in power. It’s an open power  grab. 

How does it keep people from voting ? It added days to allow more time to vote and i read it actually doing away with signature matching in some instances but you need a drivers license in some instances to show proof of who you are why do you have such a huge problem with showing a ID ?

We do it all the time in 100's of different circumstances i don't get you thinking it baffles me !! Now the mayor of ATL is playing off this & saying they will make sure every one gets a ID (which they should already have it's a fact of life) so it doesn't stop any one from voting in what ever way they say they are trying to keep them from it so problem solved ...

8 minutes ago, T master said:

How does it keep people from voting ? It added days to allow more time to vote and i read it actually doing away with signature matching in some instances but you need a drivers license in some instances to show proof of who you are why do you have such a huge problem with showing a ID ?

We do it all the time in 100's of different circumstances i don't get you thinking it baffles me !! Now the mayor of ATL is playing off this & saying they will make sure every one gets a ID (which they should already have it's a fact of life) so it doesn't stop any one from voting in what ever way they say they are trying to keep them from it so problem solved ...

It makes it more difficult to vote. That's the point. 

Do I need to explain more? 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And it’s a duck

Quack Quack! Quack!  QQQ!!!

5 hours ago, T master said:

It reduces the opportunities to vote. Shaves down the time, places and methods. You seriously don’t understand that? 

H.R. 1 can’t pass the Senate. But here are some voting reforms that could.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/03/16/hr-1-voting-reforms/

10 things you might not know about HR 1

https://www.rollcall.com/2019/03/06/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-hr-1/

Yes, the ACLU has criticized HR 1. Here's why - PolitiFact

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/01/ronna-mcdaniel/yes-aclu-has-criticized-hr-1-heres-why/

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh, really? Tell me what the article says from your perspective BonniesBoi?

Hahahahahahahaha.......Nice try................you didn't read it, that's your doing.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Hahahahahahahaha.......Nice try................you didn't read it, that's your doing.

What does it say to you?

Did it strike a nerve?  It clearly did.

This “quality over quantity” argument has been the same for over a hundred years... they're just now saying the quiet part out loud.

You are terrible at this game.

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yes. Please explain more.  

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It reduces the opportunities to vote. Shaves down the time, places and methods. You seriously don’t understand that? 

Shaves down the time?  By adding Saturdays and Sundays?  Is everything upside down in your world?  

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What does it say to you?

Did it strike a nerve?  It clearly did.

This “quality over quantity” argument has been the same for over a hundred years... they're just now saying the quiet part out loud.

You are terrible at this game.

3 of billzy's standard responses in ONE POST !

Repeat same question that he won't do himself ......................What does it say to you?

Pretend that you "scored" , when you didn't............................Did it strike a nerve?  It clearly did.

Attack poster, when you can't make a point............................You are terrible at this game.

Its a Tri-fecta baby !

By the way feel free to comment on these without reading them also.

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

H.R. 1 can’t pass the Senate. But here are some voting reforms that could.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/03/16/hr-1-voting-reforms/

10 things you might not know about HR 1

https://www.rollcall.com/2019/03/06/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-hr-1/

Yes, the ACLU has criticized HR 1. Here's why - PolitiFact

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/01/ronna-mcdaniel/yes-aclu-has-criticized-hr-1-heres-why/

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

3 of billzy's standard responses in ONE POST !

Repeat same question that he won't do himself ......................What does it say to you?

Pretend that you "scored" , when you didn't............................Did it strike a nerve?  It clearly did.

Attack poster, when you can't make a point............................You are terrible at this game.

Its a Tri-fecta baby !

By the way feel free to comment on these without reading them also.

More evidence you didn’t read the article because the topic hits home

On 4/6/2021 at 4:41 PM, B-Man said:

That is his schtick .

Science suggests that frequently repeating a lie creates “the illusion of truth”

https://qz.com/822907/science-suggests-that-frequently-repeating-a-lie-creates-the-illusion-of-truth/

FIgures.  His screenname is famous for being a notorious pedophile where when bathing would have kids nibble on his manhood.  What a guy to look up to lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Suppression ? 

THAT’S BIG OF THEM:

Pennsylvania Agrees to Exhume Dead From Its Voter Rolls.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/04/08/pennsylvania-agrees-to-exhume-dead-from-its-voter-rolls/

it’s important to understand how the deceased tend to vote before calling it suppression. 

On 4/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, Tiberius said:

Yes - How does it make it more difficult please explain !

It's that hard to write down your DL number ? Mail in ballots you have 4 yrs to send in papers is that not enough time ? I don't understand so yes if you would please make me understand your thoughts on it . 

And please more of a complete explanation than the one in your reply above . Thanks 

5 minutes ago, T master said:

Yes - How does it make it more difficult please explain !

It's that hard to write down your DL number ? Mail in ballots you have 4 yrs to send in papers is that not enough time ? I don't understand so yes if you would please make me understand your thoughts on it . 

And please more of a complete explanation than the one in your reply above . Thanks 

Pretty simple, less time, fewer places, less methods, that equals making it harder to vote. 

How cant you understand that simple concept. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2021 at 2:08 PM, Tiberius said:

The bill added 2 days in Georgia from 15 to 17 days to mail in ballot votes according to the document , it states the poles "have to" stay open until At Least 5 & normally people are allowed by their jobs to take off to go vote during the week if their job doesn't allow it that's on the employer and they can stay open later if they want, they have to have 2 Saturdays before election day and on election day they have to stay open until 7 pm 

So if this is whats in the bill please explain how it prevents people from voting ... 

Just now, T master said:

The bill added 2 days in Georgia from 15 to 17 days to mail in ballot votes according to the document , it states the poles "have to" stay open until At Least 5 & normally people are allowed by their jobs to take off to go vote during the week if their job doesn't allow it that's on the employer and they can stay open later if they want, they have to have 2 Saturdays before election day and on election day they have to stay open until 7 pm 

So if this is whats in the bill please explain how it prevents people from voting ... 

I never said it prevented people from voting. Remember the GOP is just trying to shave off enough votes to win. It’s just made more difficult to vote, hoping that it’s just inconvient enough to help GOP to wn. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I never said it prevented people from voting. Remember the GOP is just trying to shave off enough votes to win. It’s just made more difficult to vote, hoping that it’s just inconvient enough to help GOP to wn. 

Well i'm thinking that IF it's that important to the people voting what ever you are considering to be a "Little bit harder" to vote or a little bit more inconvenient just by signing something would be enough motivation (to me) just to piss off the people that are trying to make it harder .

Also IMHO if it stops the BS that happened the last time meaning A Trump type bitching about fraud & you bitching there was none then sorry dude but it's TOTALLY 150% worth the extra energy just to get you all BOTH SIDES to shut the hell up cause i don't like whiners it's a waste of time for all involved who ever they are that's just me .

But some people as i have said before just need something to complain about it's just their nature & you can't make every body happy no matter what you do so i guess no matter what it's a losing battle ...

• Awesome! (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, T master said:

Well i'm thinking that IF it's that important to the people voting what ever you are considering to be a "Little bit harder" to vote or a little bit more inconvenient just by signing something would be enough motivation (to me) just to piss off the people that are trying to make it harder .

Also IMHO if it stops the BS that happened the last time meaning A Trump type bitching about fraud & you bitching there was none then sorry dude but it's TOTALLY 150% worth the extra energy just to get you all BOTH SIDES to shut the hell up cause i don't like whiners it's a waste of time for all involved who ever they are that's just me .

But some people as i have said before just need something to complain about it's just their nature & you can't make every body happy no matter what you do so i guess no matter what it's a losing battle ...

Do you honestly think if this law was passed a year ago and Trump lost GA he wouldn’t have had a hissy fit?

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Do you honestly think if this law was passed a year ago and Trump lost GA he wouldn’t have had a hissy fit?

I don't know to be honest but probably because like i said some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something but hopefully it could be avoided if there is a way to make it air tight then it just falls to the way side as BS because it's known to be just that .

I just hated hereing him and every one else bitching to be honest the hanging chad scenario is just complete BS so lets do away with it any way we can !

You would think if they can map human DNA for god sake they could figure a way to vote with no BS humans are suppose to be the smartest on the planet but sometimes that's questionable .. Just saying .

25 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't know to be honest but probably because like i said some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something but hopefully it could be avoided if there is a way to make it air tight then it just falls to the way side as BS because it's known to be just that .

I just hated hereing him and every one else bitching to be honest the hanging chad scenario is just complete BS so lets do away with it any way we can !

You would think if they can map human DNA for god sake they could figure a way to vote with no BS humans are suppose to be the smartest on the planet but sometimes that's questionable .. Just saying .

Nobody is trying to solve anything. Democrats are trying to rig a favorable turnout for their side with HR1 and desperately need the homeless and apathetic welfare rolls to turnout big, republicans are taking action at the state level to rig it their way to make it harder to harvest ballots through bribes, door to door collection and offering to populate and submit for people’s behalf. 

that is all this is about. 

all the rest of the noise is political bs. 

• Like (+1) 1

And sure it is a little disenchanting that in this system someone one in government housing, leaching off of the system, sitting on their couch all day, contributing nothing to society has an equal voice to someone who contributes tens of thousands of dollars or more to the government, raises a family, supports local government and schools with taxes and works one or maybe more jobs. But ‘merica 

and democrats desperately need the all the votes from that first group no matter how they get it. Republicans Don’t mind adding friction to harvesting because those on the welfare payroll aren’t voting for them. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nobody is trying to solve anything. Democrats are trying to rig a favorable turnout for their side with HR1 and desperately need the homeless and apathetic welfare rolls to turnout big, republicans are taking action at the state level to rig it their way to make it harder to harvest ballots through bribes, door to door collection and offering to populate and submit for people’s behalf. 

that is all this is about. 

all the rest of the noise is political bs. 

So one side is trying to make it easier for Americans to exercise their greatest right.

Another side is trying to make it harder for Americans to exercise their greatest right.

I don’t know. Seems like one side has the moral prerogative here.

Republicans appear to love COs voting laws. Maybe we should follow that nationally and everyone is mailed a ballot?

21 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

So one side is trying to make it easier for Americans to exercise their greatest right.

Another side is trying to make it harder for Americans to exercise their greatest right.

I don’t know. Seems like one side has the moral prerogative here.

Republicans appear to love COs voting laws. Maybe we should follow that nationally and everyone is mailed a ballot?

I really care less at this point. But I’m tired of sheep buying the racism and fraud narratives. 

I do agree with your post if you add to the first sentence One side is trying to make it easier for them to collect/harvest votes they are buying from the laziest sloths in society who are basically living off of the money they steal from productive members of society. 

No functioning productive member of society has a problem producing an ID or voting. This about extraction of the homeless lazy and apathetic votes from the dregs of society on democratic social program payrolls. Because that’s the democrats lock to power. Republicans are suggesting voting should be something you get off your arse to do if you actually care about it because that’s easier then reforming their Stone Age views on social issues stuck in 1950 and they know a significant portion of the democrats base don’t like to do things that require effort. None of this has anything to do with race or fraud. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I really care less at this point. But I’m tired of sheep buying the racism and fraud narratives. 

I do agree with your post if you add to the first sentence One side is trying to make it easier for them to collect/harvest votes they are buying from the laziest sloths in society who are basically living off of the money they steal from productive members of society. 

No functioning productive member of society has a problem producing an ID or voting. This about extraction of the homeless lazy and apathetic votes from the dregs of society on democratic social program payrolls. Because that’s the democrats lock to power. Republicans are suggesting voting should be something you get off your arse to do if you actually care about it because that’s easier then reforming their Stone Age views on social issues stuck in 1950 and they know a significant portion of the democrats base don’t like to do things that require effort. None of this has anything to do with race or fraud. 

To think Republicans wouldn’t pass “voting reform” that is racist is just dumb. It’s what Republicans do. Just look at North Carolina where they gerrymandered to take away black voices: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/north-carolina-gerrymandering/527592/

These “dregs” on society as you say are American people. They have the right to one vote just as you have the right to one vote. 

There is plenty examples of people who don’t have an ID. I went to college in Chicago. A girl I knew there grew up in Chicago and didn’t have a drivers license and had no reason to need one. She took the L everywhere. College student, limited funds, didn’t drink, didn’t want to get a non-drivers ID. Under the CO law she can vote with her college ID under the GA law she cannot. Would that be dreg?

My grandmother lived in a city. When she got too old she couldn’t drive and let her license lapse. Under CO law she can use her utility bill to vote. Under GA law she cannot. Is she a dreg on society?

35 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

To think Republicans wouldn’t pass “voting reform” that is racist is just dumb. It’s what Republicans do. Just look at North Carolina where they gerrymandered to take away black voices: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/north-carolina-gerrymandering/527592/

These “dregs” on society as you say are American people. They have the right to one vote just as you have the right to one vote. 

There is plenty examples of people who don’t have an ID. I went to college in Chicago. A girl I knew there grew up in Chicago and didn’t have a drivers license and had no reason to need one. She took the L everywhere. College student, limited funds, didn’t drink, didn’t want to get a non-drivers ID. Under the CO law she can vote with her college ID under the GA law she cannot. Would that be dreg?

What if I went to every voting precinct and singed in by looking at the voter role book open at the desk. I remember seeing those when I voted in person and imagine they are still there. Anyway say I noticed a name in the book and said Joe Smith here. No proof of who I was. How many times do you think I could get away ethic that? 

How did you friend from Chicago fly?  

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What if I went to every voting precinct and singed in by looking at the voter role book open at the desk. I remember seeing those when I voted in person and imagine they are still there. Anyway say I noticed a name in the book and said Joe Smith here. No proof of who I was. How many times do you think I could get away ethic that? 

How did you friend from Chicago fly?  

They didn’t. They had no reason to. About 10 percent of Americans have never flown. I’d guess if you did a Venn diagram there would be an overlap of economicly poor and people who never flew.

Coming from rural WNY I couldn’t believe there were people who didn’t have a drivers license as everyone I knew grabbed one when they were 16.

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Those are certainly not words associated with people that seem motivated to be heard! 

You made my point for me. 

Again, people on limited or fixed budgets. One a college student with no money and the other on fixed Social Security. When given the choice of getting food or getting a card that’s not needed for anything (in most states like CO), which would you chose?

The bill doesn’t go against dregs as you point out. It goes against normal people. Mainly people who live in city.

Edited by Backintheday544

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

They didn’t. They had no reason to. About 10 percent of Americans have never flown. I’d guess if you did a Venn diagram there would be an overlap of economicly poor and people who never flew.

Buy booze?  Cash a check?  Open a bank account?  Get a loan?  

And regarding poor people. I understand that they may not be able to afford to fly but do they buy alcohol?  Cash their checks?  

BTW you didn’t answer my question regarding forging my signature at the polls 

Edited by Chef Jim

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Buy booze?  Cash a check?  Open a bank account?  Get a loan?  

And regarding poor people. I understand that they may not be able to afford to fly but do they buy alcohol?  Cash their checks?  

BTW you didn’t answer my question regarding forging my signature at the polls 

Most people living pay check to paycheck don’t waste cash on alcohol.

Many people don’t have bank accounts. Look at how many stimulus checks had to go on government debit cards.

Again, people who are economically disadvantaged probably aren’t getting a loan.

Here’s a survey analysis that shows 25 percent of americans are unbanked or under banked: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/08/25percent-of-us-households-are-either-unbanked-or-underbanked.html

To address your hypothetical, is there any proof of that happening in recent history? If we went by the CO laws, the person would need to provide a utility bill or paycheck (neither allowed in GA) and that would show you’re not Joe Smith. Plus the penalty of several years in jail to get what, 5 votes is already a pretty big deterrent and probably one reason it’s extremely uncommon in modern voting.

32 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Most people living pay check to paycheck don’t waste cash on alcohol.

Many people don’t have bank accounts. Look at how many stimulus checks had to go on government debit cards.

Again, people who are economically disadvantaged probably aren’t getting a loan.

Here’s a survey analysis that shows 25 percent of americans are unbanked or under banked: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/08/25percent-of-us-households-are-either-unbanked-or-underbanked.html

To address your hypothetical, is there any proof of that happening in recent history? If we went by the CO laws, the person would need to provide a utility bill or paycheck (neither allowed in GA) and that would show you’re not Joe Smith. Plus the penalty of several years in jail to get what, 5 votes is already a pretty big deterrent and probably one reason it’s extremely uncommon in modern voting.

Regarding your first statement. Many people are living paycheck to paycheck because of alcohol and many more make sure these is money in those slim checks for booze. 

Regarding the unbanked and underbanked. Those that are underbanked I assume have a bank account. Don’t they need ID to open the account?  Those that don’t bank?  Where does their money come from?  Govt assistance?  You need ID to apply for SNAP. 

Your point about loans is correct. 

Regarding my hypothetical?  No proof. That’s what makes it a hypothetical. 😁  But is it doable?  And if so would requiring an ID solve that? 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Honestly if republicans just admitted they don’t want to make it easier for deadbeats to have their democratic vote extracted and democrats admitted those are the votes they they are trying to ensure they can collect no matter what, we’d be operating from a platform of honesty. 

I regularly talk with several Democrats and one of them replied, after failing to justify thethe current party talking point...

He asked "why it was important to make sure only eligible people should vote? ...why limit this right to only citizens? "