H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

6 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Yeah, well when you come right down to it, we're all self-interested pieces of crap, trying to spin everything to meet our own theories and narratives.

I'm drunk again. Peace out *****.

It takes alcohol for you to come to this conclusion?  

23 hours ago, BillStime said:

Just google it. It’s there - 95 pages. 

I did google it seeing as you didn't want to or were to busy to provide the link .

You definitely can't be lazy in voting and just expect because you are a citizen you automatically get a pass & just walk up and vote with out any form of ID as it should be but it's like any thing with the gov't and from either party you have to jump through a ton of hoops to get where you are going .

But you never answered the question so i'll give us all the link so you & I can read some of it and pick out the actual section that keeps people from voting.

I have started reading it but they write these Bills so that normal people like me even given common sense find it hard to understand so it will be hard for you too . 

But please when you do find the section that limits peoples right to vote in any way or discriminates due to there race point it out for me if i find anything i'll do the same thanks for your participation !! 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1/text#toc-H165D2A40F7EA4ED1AECA49847A287364

Edited by T master

1 minute ago, T master said:

I did google it seeing as you didn't want to or were to busy.

You definitely can't be lazy in voting and just expect because you are a citizen you automatically get a pass & just walk up and vote with out any form of ID as it should be but it's like any thing with the gov't and from either party you have to jump through a ton of hoops to get where you are going .

But you never answered the question so i'll give us all the link so you & I can read some of it and pick out the actual section that keeps people from voting.

I have started reading it but they write these Bills so that normal people like me even given common sense find it hard to understand so it will be hard for you too . 

But please when you do find the section that limits peoples right to vote in any way or discriminates due to there race point it out for me if i find anything i'll do the same thanks for your participation !! 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1/text#toc-H165D2A40F7EA4ED1AECA49847A287364

You go stand in line for 4-9 hours and get back to me whether you stand there or choose not to vote.

• Like (+1) 1

Republicans are outraged corporations are expressing their opinions over the right to vote. These same Republicans demanding giant campaign contributions from corporations  so they can amplify the anti-voting rhetoric, and to spread the big lie of voter fraud so they can try and limit voting. 

The Republican Party is just disgusting 

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You go stand in line for 4-9 hours and get back to me whether you stand there or choose not to vote.

First if you choose not to it's on you no one else & if your spending 4 to 9 hrs waiting in a line to vote there is something wrong with the people that organize it or because of covid they cut back on places to vote but normally that's not what happens but as usual excuse taken .

That being said I did last year and most every other time i vote it usually takes a good 2 hrs + out of my day every election yr to take off work to drive/stand in line to do so but i'm not lazy (or do i complain) like some that would rather sit on their ass (or couch) & have things given or handed to them on a platter (todays typical American) i go out as nike says &  "Just Do It" because that is what's required but am finding in your case by your reply's .

Excuses are like A holes every one has them & they usually stink . 

I also even though my job was completely shut down due to covid & haven't because of the virus been able to work at that job since 2-12-2020 did't just sit on my ass & collected unemployment i went out & have earned my living with what the good lord gave me as far as my skills rather than sit back and wait for a politicians hand out  ! 

Some here always find a excuse or just out & out avoid trying to answer a question i'm beginning to think because the reason being those few are just lazy weather it be to actually read something to find out weather what is being said is true/ false or other wise . 

And to add to it i'm finding out you sir have a set train of thought & nothing or no one is going to change it even if you could see it right in front of your face or read it in black & white none of that makes a difference because your opinion is paramount over all others . 

I use to say this too some that would ALWAYS no matter what would complain about Trump and will now tell you this because i am finding that you fall into that category !

if Trump would have given you a bar of gold you would be one that would B**CH that it wasn't shiny enough ! (refer to the 6th short paragraph)

Have a nice day . 😊

4 minutes ago, T master said:

First if you choose not to it's on you no one else & if your spending 4 to 9 hrs waiting in a line to vote there is something wrong with the people that organize it or because of covid they cut back on places to vote but normally that's not what happens but as usual excuse taken .

That being said I did last year and most every other time i vote it usually takes a good 2 hrs + out of my day every election yr to take off work to drive/stand in line to do so but i'm not lazy (or do i complain) like some that would rather sit on their ass (or couch) & have things given or handed to them on a platter (todays typical American) i go out as nike says &  "Just Do It" because that is what's required but am finding in your case by your reply's .

Excuses are like A holes every one has them & they usually stink . 

I also even though my job was completely shut down due to covid & haven't because of the virus been able to work at that job since 2-12-2020 did't just sit on my ass & collected unemployment i went out & have earned my living with what the good lord gave me as far as my skills rather than sit back and wait for a politicians hand out  ! 

Some here always find a excuse or just out & out avoid trying to answer a question i'm beginning to think because the reason being those few are just lazy weather it be to actually read something to find out weather what is being said is true/ false or other wise . 

And to add to it i'm finding out you sir have a set train of thought & nothing or no one is going to change it even if you could see it right in front of your face or read it in black & white none of that makes a difference because your opinion is paramount over all others . 

I use to say this too some that would ALWAYS no matter what would complain about Trump and will now tell you this because i am finding that you fall into that category !

if Trump would have given you a bar of gold you would be one that would B**CH that it wasn't shiny enough ! (refer to the 6th short paragraph)

Have a nice day . 😊

You too!!!!

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

There are more than one way to vote.  I've not stood in line for years.  

You also know the Bill addresses this don't you?

Next.......

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They have mail in voting now in Georgia for this exact reason. Something that didn’t exist last year.  

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans are outraged corporations are expressing their opinions over the right to vote. These same Republicans demanding giant campaign contributions from corporations  so they can amplify the anti-voting rhetoric, and to spread the big lie of voter fraud so they can try and limit voting. 

Absolute disgrace.

Wouldn’t it be easier for the republicans to simply start representing their districts in a way that would make people want to vote for them?

“Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order,” McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Absolute disgrace.

Wouldn’t it be easier for the republicans to simply start representing their districts in a way that would make people want to vote for them?

“Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order,” McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

I like how he uses the term ‘mobs’ to describe the people of the country. And he is on the same side as that mob that attacked our national legislature. Sh it happens. Republicans happen. 

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Absolute disgrace.

You just made the case for repealing the 17th amendment.

Thank you.  

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It’s like all they think about, eliminating voting rights. Unreal. 

But there is is no way they worked with Putin, they believe in American democracy! 

They are well on their way to cancelling our Republic. It's the only way they can win.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It’s like all they think about, eliminating voting rights. Unreal. 

But there is is no way they worked with Putin, they believe in American democracy! 

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

They are well on their way to cancelling our Republic. It's the only way they can win.

What specific voting rights are being eliminated?

I'm going to keep hounding you idiots until you can articulate these accusations or admit you're being dishonest. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

What specific voting rights are being eliminated?

I'm going to keep hounding you idiots until you can articulate these accusations or admit you're being dishonest. 

Keep hounding! I actually enjoy ignoring you!! 😂 

And you don’t believe me anyway, you just said so! 

This is awesome! Lol 😆 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Keep hounding! I actually enjoy ignoring you!! 😂 

And you don’t believe me anyway, you just said so! 

This is awesome! Lol 😆 

See here's the best part of a debate.  It's not ignoring the person you're debating.  That's pathetic and almost looks like an admission you've lost the debate.  The best part is pointing to the facts you used to formulate your opinion to get the other person to admit you are correct.   So giving up is awesome to you. That's fine.  As always..........

Carry on. 

Repealing the 17th enhances the Republic.

We are not a majority rules Democracy and never have been.  

Putting Senate candidates up before the State Legislatures ensure they act in the interests of their state.  

You enjoying a Senate where you know how literally every single one of them will vote outside of 2 Republicans?  

They put national interests (Corporations, Large Urban Centers, DC, National Special Interest groups with big time donors) first.  Not the people they represent.  

You take that away they are beholden to their people.  No Super PAC has any interest in throwing money into a Senate election in Rhode Island if the State Legislature decides. 

This should have been the immediate and appropriate response to Citizens United.  Libs were right it opened the floodgates to Super PAC big time donors etc.  But all you did was complain.  No solutions to what was a correct ruling.  

The solution is repeal the 17th.  

You're welcome.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You told me the bill addresses it so what’s to discuss?

Admit you were talking out your ass regarding having to wait 4-9 hours.  I'm not denying people actually waited this long.  My point you B word about the lines then you B word about a Bill that was designed to fix this.  I guess all those years of being a Bills fan has turned you into a B word.  I understand   

Now if the Bill actually fixes this is yet to be seen.  I have zero faith in either party being able to fix anything.  

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Admit you were talking out your ass regarding having to wait 4-9 hours.  I'm not denying people actually waited this long.  My point you B word about the lines then you B word about a Bill that was designed to fix this.  I guess all those years of being a Bills fan has turned you into a B word.  I understand   

Now if the Bill actually fixes this is yet to be seen.  I have zero faith in either party being able to fix anything.  

LMAO - Jim - you told me the Bill fixes it - can you please point out in the bill how they fix the issue of long lines?

And are you denying that people in select areas of Georgia have to wait in exorbitant lines to vote?

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - Jim - you told me the Bill fixes it - can you please point out in the bill how they fix the issue of long lines?

And are you denying that people in select areas of Georgia have to wait in exorbitant lines to vote?

Point one.  Sure that's easy. I've already mentioned this but I will again.   

Precincts with more than 2,000 voters that have lines longer than an hour at three different points throughout the day have to add more machines, add more staff or split up the poll. 

Whoops.  I bet you feel silly now.  See I've read the bill.  Sounds like you have not.  

Point two.  I am not denying people have to wait in exorbitant lines.  Part of the Bill is designed to address this. See Point One above.   So it's a Bill you should like.  And the lines are geographic not racial.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Point one.  Sure that's easy. I've already mentioned this but I will again.   

Whoops.  I bet you feel silly now.  See I've read the bill.  Sounds like you have not.  

Point two.  I am not denying people have to wait in exorbitant lines.  Part of the Bill is designed to address this. See Point One above.   So it's a Bill you should like.  And the lines are geographic not racial.  

So they’re just going to create new machines on the fly?

How does this bill rectify the issue that Georgia closed over 200 polling places the past few years and some counties have ONE site to vote?

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yes there are a few in the republican party that probably are disgusting individuals because they are in all walks of life .

But of course Bill or Hillary, Barrack, or Joe never take a penny from any super groups we all know that right ? It's just George W, George H.W, Reagan & Trump that except cash from the back door companies supporting them correct ? 

I believe Georgia actually added 2 extra days to early voting which now have 17 days in the new bill and then MLB took the all star game out of ATL a 51% black city & moved it to Denver a 72% white city that only has 15 days of early voting not to mention ATL businesses will lose part of the $100 million of possible income from the all star game so who's hurting who ?

Please read this & tell me where i can read the point your trying to make about voters rights being limited . I've been reading it rather slowly i might add and have yet to see any thing of the sort . If you are talking about the part where people that do early voting need to have ID proving they are who they are that's pretty lame ! Just saying ...

Please reply with something other than reference to the last election or president (Old News) & more than You too or a down turned thumb maybe something with some substance or facts to back up your claims . Thanks ! 

11 minutes ago, T master said:

Yes there are a few in the republican party that probably are disgusting individuals because they are in all walks of life .

But of course Bill or Hillary, Barrack, or Joe never take a penny from any super groups we all know that right ? It's just George W, George H.W, Reagan & Trump that except cash from the back door companies supporting them correct ? 

I believe Georgia actually added 2 extra days to early voting which now have 17 days in the new bill and then MLB took the all star game out of ATL a 51% black city & moved it to Denver a 72% white city that only has 15 days of early voting not to mention ATL businesses will lose part of the $100 million of possible income from the all star game so who's hurting who ?

Please read this & tell me where i can read the point your trying to make about voters rights being limited . I've been reading it rather slowly i might add and have yet to see any thing of the sort . If you are talking about the part where people that do early voting need to have ID proving they are who they are that's pretty lame ! Just saying ...

Please reply with something other than reference to the last election or president (Old News) & more than You too or a down turned thumb maybe something with some substance or facts to back up your claims . Thanks ! 

Hey T - you having a nice day?

16 minutes ago, T master said:

Republicans lost Georgia and then passed this law to try and shave off as many votes as possible. They lost bu 38,000 votes and are obviously hoping by making it less easy to vote to shave off enough votes to stay in power. It’s an open power  grab. 

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans lost Georgia and then passed this law to try and shave off as many votes as possible. They lost bu 38,000 votes and are obviously hoping by making it less easy to vote to shave off enough votes to stay in power. It’s an open power  grab. 

No matter how many times you say it you aren’t right.  Just take the l man it’s embarrassing at this point. 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

No matter how many times you say it you aren’t right.  Just take the l man it’s embarrassing at this point. 

That is his schtick .

Science suggests that frequently repeating a lie creates “the illusion of truth”

https://qz.com/822907/science-suggests-that-frequently-repeating-a-lie-creates-the-illusion-of-truth/

22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Let’s see. They lost 

They have come up with election scheme that everyone, except loyal supporters, can see through. 

Ya, that’s right 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So they’re just going to create new machines on the fly?

How does this bill rectify the issue that Georgia closed over 200 polling places the past few years and some counties have ONE site to vote?

Regarding new machines.  No you can't create new machines.  That would be dumb.  They should have machines in reserve to bring in.  If they don't there should be a provision to make sure they do.  

How does it rectify the closing of polling places?  It doesn't.  I think with the ability to vote by mail and PSA's getting the word out how easy and safe it is polling places will eventually become a thing of the past.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Regarding new machines.  No you can't create new machines.  That would be dumb.  They should have machines in reserve to bring in.  If they don't there should be a provision to make sure they do.  

How does it rectify the closing of polling places?  It doesn't.  I think with the ability to vote by mail and PSA's getting the word out how easy and safe it is polling places will eventually become a thing of the past.  

So many what if’s and hopes... sorry you fail to acknowledge the history of voter suppression in Georgia - and it is still happening today.

I’m done w your rabbit hole. 

Ciao

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Been my one and only point on this from the get go.  

Just now, BillStime said:

So many what if’s and hopes... sorry you fail to acknowledge the history of voter suppression in Georgia - and it is still happening today.

I’m done w your rabbit hole. 

Ciao

This is not about voter suppression.  All I've been asking from the beginning is what makes this racist. Voter suppression of people of color only.  I've had NO rabbit hole. One simple little itty bitty question from the beginning that you have not even come close to addressing.  Rabbit hole.  Nope.  You've turned it into one.  Run away rabbit boy because you've lost.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Been my one and only point on this from the get go.  

This is not about voter suppression.  All I've been asking from the beginning is what makes this racist. Voter suppression of people of color only.  I've had NO rabbit hole. One simple little itty bitty question from the beginning that you have not even come close to addressing.  Rabbit hole.  Nope.  You've turned it into one.  Run away rabbit boy because you've lost.  

Only in your mind 

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Let’s see. They lost 

They have come up with election scheme that everyone, except loyal supporters, can see through. 

Ya, that’s right 

So the Bill was to suppress Democrat voters? 

Just now, BillStime said:

Only in your mind 

Have you been able to articulate how you've come to the conclusion that the Bill is racist?  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So the Bill was to suppress Democrat voters? 

Have you been able to articulate how you've come to the conclusion that the Bill is racist?  

Hey, you provided a quote from the Bill above. Can you tell me what row number that part of the bill is from?  

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hey, you provided a quote from the Bill above. Can you tell me what row number that part of the bill is from?  

That wasn't a quote from the Bill.  It was from an article on the Bill. The actual line of the Bill is 721-734.  Ctrl F is your friend. 

Anything else I can help you with?