Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

All the players you just listed would help, sure, but they’d all be rotational players at best. They also all have the POTENTIAL to be good players in the NFL.

Meanwhile, Zach Ertz would be a full time starter, and we already KNOW he’s a good player in the NFL.

I agree the draft is a crapshoot, but players coming off a down year who have been dinged up too are not a sure thing either. Ertz also comes at a cap premium. 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I agree the draft is a crapshoot, but players coming off a down year who have been dinged up too are not a sure thing either. Ertz also comes at a cap premium. 

Rudolph just got 2 years 16m.

Ertz is better and I bet we will negotiate it down a bit

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bucs just extended Brate so I'm assuming that means they want to keep him.

I'm not seeing the Howard love...as a former pick #19 overall, has he lived up to that?  and he's coming back from an Achilles, which is always worrisome.

They gave Brate a deal that they can get out of for free whenever they want. The local writers there have pretty widely speculated that he'll be cut whenever they need money. Question simply boils down to whether or not they need that money this year.

Howard has been very good when healthy but he's dealt with a lot of injuries. Either guy would instantly be the #1 TE here though and likely wouldn't cost as much financially or asset-wise as Ertz.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

If we don’t land Ertz, TE at 30?

None of the TEs this year (or most years) outside of Kyle Pitts is going to contribute much as a rookie. Buffalo needs a veteran that can play while they continue to develop Knox.

• Like (+1) 2

The veteran tight end market is just about dried up, and we know that the Bills badly want a veteran tight end.

Darren Fells is still out there, I suppose, but the dropoff from Ertz to Fells is significant, and Fells is quite a bit older.

I do not think it's a draftee they want to add to the stable. They want a vet. Gotta get the Ertz deal done.

14 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

like the Fierermuth kid out of Penn St, but would rather have Ertz. Pitts is long gone top ten.

I don’t know, man...Penn State kid seems a bit slow and unathletic...I would like to add more speed...

Edited by JaCrispy