Cuomo sexual allegations

Unforgiven

1 hour ago, Governor said:

It’s an old saying in the political world. Is this the first time you’ve seen it? Every political newbie should know that actually happened.

It is not the first time I've seen it and why should every political newbie know what happened?  Is that why you felt it necessary to share a snuff video?  Seriously? 

You came across as posting it as a joke.  It's far from a joke.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

It is not the first time I've seen it and why should every political newbie know what happened?  Is that why you felt it necessary to share a snuff video?  Seriously? 

You came across as posting it as a joke.  It's far from a joke.   

I’m sorry snowflake. 

Have you ever seen the film “Little Women?”

When Chickens Come Home to Roost

By Armstrong Williams

Gov. Andrew Cuomo is now reaping what he sowed. He and his Democratic colleagues created a high standard -- a litmus test that can only be passed through a person being totally infallible. People make mistakes and do bad things, but that doesn't make them evil -- and certainly not even bad. But every person deserves to be held to the standard they create, no matter how high they make it.

Today, Republicans are not asking for Cuomo's resignation because he is accused of sexual assault -- something both former President Donald Trump and Justice Brett Kavanaugh were accused of, too. No. Republicans are calling for his resignation because he failed to live up to the standard that he and his Democrat colleagues set for everyone else. That standard is: "Believe all women who accuse men of sexual assault and presume guilt in the absence -- and in the presence -- of evidence to the contrary."

I felt no sympathy watching Cuomo's response to New York Attorney General Letitia James' report on the sexual assault allegations against him. The standard of guilt that he and his Democratic colleagues have created and supported is coming back around to haunt them. It is especially sad in light of his recorded statements on social media and on television. Nowadays, no politician is free to change their position without scrutiny. Everything is recorded, so politicians must be mindful of the standards they set and the inflammatory rhetoric they use against their opponents. This is not simply true just for instances of sexual assault, but for all allegations of criminal conduct against a political adversary.

Republicans have been consistent on their view of allegations of criminal misconduct: Let a jury of your peers decide guilt, not the court of public opinion. After all, if the public at large understands that the media spins their coverage to serve an agenda -- a fact that has been obvious and widely known for years to people on both the left and right -- then it would be completely illogical to think that you could form a complete and accurate opinion on someone who is accused of criminal misconduct because you would know that you're being presented the facts in a biased manner.

Here's the undisputed bottom line: Democrats and the liberal media immediately, without question, called for Kavanaugh to be imprisoned once a woman alleged he sexually assaulted her, and they immediately framed Trump as a rapist when the same occurred. Not only was Cuomo accused, but James also conducted an investigation and concluded that the allegations of sexual assault were substantiated. Whether those allegations are fact or fiction, the fact remains that he and his colleagues set a high standard of conduct -- one so high that not even they could adhere to it. Now, Cuomo is seeing the consequences of the shortsighted nature of his actions and rhetoric; instead of a jury deciding he's guilty, the court of public opinion judged him guilty from the start.

So, will the Democrats and liberal media concede that they have created too high a standard? I'm doubtful. The media has locked themselves into place over the years. Ever since Trump was elected president, they have taken a stance so far to the left that one could argue they would be unable to change their position without completely eroding what is left of their tarnished credibility. Of course, any sudden change would alienate a large part of the media and the Democratic Party's base because of this. For them, it seems, it is better to let their party continue to eat their own as opposed to doing what is right for America.

https://townhall.com/columnists/armstrongwilliams/2021/08/05/when-chickens-come-home-to-roost-n2593629

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I actually had never heard about that… pretty crazy.  Apparently his wife was able to collect his full government pension since technically he didn’t resign, and died while in office!

She also could have likely collected on his life insurance if he had any.  

12 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’m sorry snowflake. 

Have you ever seen the film “Little Women?”

You share a guy committing suicide on a public message board and because I have an issue with it I'm a snowflake?  I have actually been fascinated with suicide for years and have seen that an many others but have kept it to myself.  

Pervy Cuomo Isn’t Going Anywhere

Hey ladies, Governor Cuomo is single and ready to mingle…

It was big news on Tuesday, but it’s not Tuesday anymore. It’s Thursday, and by the weekend, any push to remove grabby, groping Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York will be completely memory-holed by the left. So if you were thinking that grabbing subordinates' butts or boobs was a surefire way to exile in the Democrat Party…you haven’t been paying attention. There really isn’t anything for which they’ll hold their own accountable, unless it ultimately benefits them in the immediate, and holding Cuomo answerable for his actions does not.

Former Democrat Governor of Louisiana Edwin Edwards famously joked with reporters before one of his elections that “The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.” He wasn’t caught with either and won, though he was eventually convicted on 17 counts of corruption and did some time.

Things were different then, way back in late 1990s and early 2000s. Back then, Democrats couldn’t count on uniform party loyalty to look past anything anyone of them did. Believe it or not, there were many Democrats who were critical of former President Bill Clinton committing perjury and obstructing justice, at least at the start. By the time Clinton and the gang dragged out the process with lies and distractions, the party did get back in line and was uniform.

That kind of set the mold for today – if they’re on “your team,” they can do no wrong for which they should be punished. This isn’t uniform, of course, sometimes sacrifices must be made. Al Franken was forced out the Senate not because Democrats cared that he was a handsy douche, but because the “Me Too” movement was rolling and they’d hoped to weaponize it against Republicans. It didn’t really work out, it mostly ensnared Democrats, but they had to continue to pretend Republicans were waging a “war on women!” so he and a few others had to go.

What Andrew Cuomo is alleged to have done is way worse than Franken, it’s on par with what Joe Biden was credibly accused of by Tara Reade. Neither allegation interested the media when they were made, only being covered grudgingly so they could say they’d done it and quickly forgotten. Actually, what Cuomo is accused of is only as bad as Biden based on volume, the specifics of Biden’s assault on Reade are worse.

It didn’t matter, no one in the media cared. The Biden story was barely a sparse week of casual reporting where it was mostly dismissed. Cuomo’s allegations were numerous, with attractive accusers, all of whom support liberal politics and policies. They were serious, professional women who had no political axe to grind, they were on team Cuomo…until. They were made for TV. But TV wasn’t interested.

The people who happily put someone like E. Jean Carroll, who called rape “sexy,” on their airwaves because she was accusing Donald Trump of assault 25 years prior had no interest in young women telling how Cuomo grabbed, kissed, or propositioned them recently. “Believe all women” became “Yeah, yeah, now just shut up.”

Cuomo was the media’s creation – they made him their anti-Trump. His daily press briefings were followed by refractory periods pretending to be analysis. They ignored his slaughter of 15,000 senior citizens from his COVID nursing home order. They ignored his abuse of staff to write his book while he raked in more than $5 million. And they moved on from his accusers’ stories every time a new one came forward. They don’t give a damn.

Calls for his resignation faded. The “impeachment” inquiry that was talked about when the allegations emerged simply disappeared. There is no reason to think this time will be any different.

The Attorney General of New York announced Cuomo was guilty of many crimes, then announced she’d charge him with none of them. If the chief law enforcement officer in the state won’t enforce the law, who will? Biden said he should resign, but that’ll likely be the only time he ever speaks on the matter. So the employee lounge isn’t awkward, CNN won’t cover the story for more than a couple of days. The New York Times ran an editorial calling on him to resign, so they’ve checked the box and will quickly move on too.

Virginia still has Governor “Blackface” Ralph Northam, and all these same people called for him to resign when his past was exposed. The Lt. Gov. of the state, a guy named Justin Fairfax, is still on the job too, after he was credibly accused by two women of rape. If those two can survive by simply outlasting the outrage (which, frankly, thanks to their party affiliation only lasted about a week), Cuomo will easily survive. If you’re a Democrat and politically useful to the party, you can pretty much do anything you want and get away with it.

More at the link: https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/08/05/pervy-cuomo-isnt-going-anywhere-n2593595

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Interesting...republicans get taken out for just knowing Trump, demoRats have to literally be serial killers

to get the boot...

A lot of salty tears in private today, lol

What's up with these democrat presidential hopefuls?

Avanatti, Cuomo... sheesh.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Providing a link is a good thing.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo resigns - NBC News

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-resigns-n1260310

9 minutes ago — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday he was resigning after a withering report from the state's attorney general alleged he'd ...

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo resigns amid of harassment scandal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/10/new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-resigns-light-harassment-scandal/5553938001/

Governor Cuomo Says He Will Resign

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said he would step down in 14 days, after an searing investigation found he had sexually harassed nearly a dozen women.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08/10/nyregion/cuomo-resigns

• Like (+1) 2

Nursing-home residents all over New York are sighing with relief.

One of the weirdest people to ever hold high office in the United States.

Probably one of the worst too, although that competition is stiff. But weirdest? No question.

This clip unfortunately doesn’t capture the weirdness of his full remarks today. He began by grumbling that the harassment accusations against him were really just a series of misunderstandings about what was and wasn’t appropriate between the sexes, something he attributed partly to age. One Twitter pal compared it to Phil Hartman’s “unfrozen caveman lawyer” defense. Then he went into Colonel Jessup mode, saying he’s inclined to fight and even telling viewers “It is your best interest that I must serve.”

And then … he quit. He loves you, his constituent, too much to stand in the way of the important government business of fighting COVID.

I think we’ll find that it was Melissa DeRosa’s departure that finally convinced him to quit. It’s one thing to be in the bunker, it’s another to be in the bunker all alone, without your most trusted lieutenant. All of his troops were surrendering, including his top general. You can’t fight a war alone.

Sixteen months ago he was the darling of the Democratic Party, a supposed model of responsible pandemic leadership in contrast to Trump. Some Dems fantasized about him replacing Biden as nominee. Other Dems fantasized about him, period. Sixteen months later, buried under multiple scandals, his career ends in disgrace. In the end, even most of the “Cuomosexuals” had deserted him. What a spectacular, and richly deserved, collapse.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/08/10/shock-cuomo-resigns-effective-in-two-weeks-n407911

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/08/10/times-up-chairwoman-resigns-after-advising-andrew-cuomo-on-sexual-harassment-accusation/

A high-ranking Time’s Up official has resigned after it was revealed she advised the administration of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) on how to fight a sexual harassment allegation.

Roberta Kaplan, who served as board chairwoman, stepped down from her position Monday as Time’s Up faces mounting criticism it failed in its primary duty to protect women against sexual misconduct in the workplace.

The organization, which was founded by Hollywood celebrities in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal, counts several Obama allies in its leadership, including president and CEO Tina Tchen, who served as an assistant to then-President Barack Obama and chief of staff to Michelle Obama.

this is how democrats roll...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I never liked the guy.  He was/is a bully and I feel terrible for all the people he intimidated and sexually assaulted.  And I feel bad for everyone in NY who has had to put up with his B.S. over the years.  I also find it odd he is going to step down in 14 days.  I don't think he cares about Kathy Hochul or any transition plan. He probably a) needs to move, and b) will use the time to trash anybody and everybody while he still has a pulpit.   Good day, but sad day for all New Yorkers.  What a mess. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, Irv said:

I never liked the guy.  He was/is a bully and I feel terrible for all the people he intimidated and sexually assaulted.  And I feel bad for everyone in NY who has had to put up with his B.S. over the years.  I also find it odd he is going to step down in 14 days.  I don't think he cares about Kathy Hochul or any transition plan. He probably a) needs to move, and b) will use the time to trash anybody and everybody while he still has a pulpit.   Good day, but sad day for all New Yorkers.  What a mess. 

We have had a tendency of late to shed dem governors for wrongdoing the last few years.  Maybe it’s the vetting process? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2

WHY ANDREW CUOMO HAD TO GO:

What CNN, MSNBC, and their party, the Democrats, won’t discuss is their genuflection last year before Andrew Cuomo’s press conferences. He’s a smart talker, no doubt, and they gobbled it up. Cuomo even won Emmy Awards for his performances, perhaps because Michael Avenatti was indisposed. What these news

organizations didn’t do was investigate the medical disaster that was actually happening in New York state nursing homes while they were drooling at Cuomo’s press conferences. CNN went even further. They allowed the governor’s brother, Chris, who has a prime-time show on the network, to act as a political fanboy, turning his program into a nightly advertisement for his brother. Letitia James’s report reveals that Chris later worked as a clandestine political adviser to his brother while still on-air at CNN. At any other network, Chris might want to get his résumé ready. At CNN, who knows?

Here’s something else that should bother all journalists: if 11 people came forward to AG Letitia James to testify about Gov. Cuomo’s harassment, plus at least two more since the report was issued, isn’t it highly likely that journalists in the tight-knit political world of Albany already knew about the problem before it surfaced publicly?

Isn’t it likely that they kept silent because the governor was from their favored party and because they feared retaliation if they spoke out? Put differently, when journalists fail to do their job and are already marked down as political partisans, perhaps the two are connected.

Here’s another question we should ponder: would Albany Democrats have pushed Cuomo out of office if his successor would have been a Republican? That was the problem faced by Virginia Democrats after they quickly condemned Gov. Ralph Northam for a blackface photograph, only to find his lieutenant governor, another Democrat, also facing serious #MeToo problems. That meant Northam’s removal could pass the office to a Republican. Upon that unhappy discovery, Democrats began saying that they’d been too hasty in seeking to remove Northam. He was able to wait it out.

Cuomo took Northam’s survival strategy as a model. But the differences were too stark. The evidence against Northam was much weaker and older than the evidence against Cuomo. Equally important, the consequences for his political party would have been much worse. Once Virginia’s black political leaders, all Democrats, decided Northam’s blackface offense was tolerable, under the (current political) circumstances, he could survive. No such luck for Cuomo.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/andrew-cuomo-resigns-new-york-metoo/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

JIM GERAGHTY: The Media Didn’t Make Andrew Cuomo a Monster, They Just Enabled His Narcissism.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-media-didnt-make-andrew-cuomo-a-monster-they-just-enabled-his-narcissism/

Related: “It’s been a long road to justice for Janice Dean,

who lost both of her in-laws to COVID last spring. They were living in assisted-living facilities and were victims of Cuomo’s infamous policy of returning infected patients to their nursing homes in order to preserve hospital capacity.”

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/08/10/shock-cuomo-resigns-effective-in-two-weeks-n407911

2D0EE863-A812-42EF-B7D9-B1A22FF96A11.jpe

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

The D.C. Dems won't shed a tear. He was never part of their inner circle. They never cared for his grandstanding, often to one up them. 

Cuomo thought his non cooperative, anti-Trump Covid rhetoric, would keep him in the National spotlight and D.C. insiders would view him 2024 Presidential worthy.

In the end, all he accomplished was sinking N.Y.S. into an unprecedented financial mire, wasting more money than any Governor in the states history, probably combined.     

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

This should tell you everything you need to know about Cuomo's character.  Even in while resigning, he has to take a swipe at one of his enemies - DeBlasio.   What a jerk. 

From the Cuomo resignation transcript:

"Time and money that the government should spend managing COVID, guarding against Delta variant, reopening our state, fighting gun violence and saving New York City. All that time would be wasted."

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1