Jump to content

Kyle Juszczyk was set to sign with Buffalo in 2017. We got Patrick DiMarco instead.


chongli
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Hmmm. I lived there about 15 years, walked by homeless people all the time, helped some here and there, and didn't find it too much of a problem.  Sure a homeless problem doesn't exactly add that Disney Sheen to a city, but you know what really sucked- a bunch of overpaid digital janitors coming in and douching up a previously very vibrant and uniquely historical city.  Classic architecture, bars, music venues, family restaurants, Gold Spike, Gold Dust, Slims. Caesar's gone through greed and boringness- wine bars and douchbaggery reign supreme. The city I totally loved is just frickin dead, and it had nothing to do with homelessness.  

I hear you. I was there 25 years and moved to Austin a year and a half ago. San Francisco went down the tubes big time. It will always be a great city to go back to and visit but it became intolerable and unlivable in the end. Homelessness was a piece of the problem, more of a symptom, but not the main factor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean I love Buffalo but I get it if you’re not from here and it’s us vs SF, nit many would chose us. But how much money did she cost him? Like a 1/3 of his contract??? The best part is if he signed here, she would be saying how much she loved Buffalo. 
 

are bills fans attacking them on social media? We can be very sensitive.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

We'll never allow him to vacation in Buffalo in peace!

No chicken wings or Niagara Falls for him!

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Happily married to the hottie

I definitely googled her and was prepared to be petty and say she was a Buffalo 7. But she’s pretty hot. I would have listened to her, even though it cost them a lot of money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I remember when the bills were the front runner to sign him and then it didn’t happen. But didn’t know the backstory. He probably would have caught that deep pass in the Houston playoff game!

he maybe would not have played volleyball(causing pic6) with that slow thrown short wide open pass from Peterman vs Chargers that sent Peterman down that rabbit hole he never escaped from. Like the FB Patrick DiMarco Bills then signed and supposedly was the best in league.

Edited by cba fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Maybe Peterman would have been successful here if we didn't have DiMarco intentionally sabotaging Peterman's career with tipped passes.  Peterman never recovered from that setback.  

 

Seriously, like what TF with this thread?  In 2007 we got stiffed by a FA because we sucked and Buffalo was not a preferred destination for FAs.  Sweet.  

 

It’s 2021.  We were in the AFCC game this season.  We have an elite QB.  I think the mourning can end for a little while. 🤦‍♂️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Mike Shanahan's wife wouldn't come here either.

 

I also seem to remember from my childhood in the 80s that Andre Reed's wife was very unhappy here and almost caused him to leave in Free Agency.

From the stories I heard about him she likely should have been unhappy about more than that 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

Seriously, like what TF with this thread?  In 2007 we got stiffed by a FA because we sucked and Buffalo was not a preferred destination for FAs.  Sweet.  

 

It’s 2021.  We were in the AFCC game this season.  We have an elite QB.  I think the mourning can end for a little while. 🤦‍♂️ 

 

The Buffalo Inferiority Complex will always be a thing. Especially when it gives TBD board members a chance to hate on a woman.

  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

Seriously, like what TF with this thread?  In 2007 we got stiffed by a FA because we sucked and Buffalo was not a preferred destination for FAs.  Sweet.  

 

It’s 2021.  We were in the AFCC game this season.  We have an elite QB.  I think the mourning can end for a little while. 🤦‍♂️ 

Apparently this guy is “***** whipped” because he wanted to make the girl he loves happy. What a moron. 😂

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, chongli said:

[I searched and did not find this topic anywhere here. Please delete or merge if posted already.]

 

Ugh. Why does this stuff happen? He was a multi-time Pro Bowler.

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-juszczyks-hilarious-reason-signed-013412205.html

 

Excerpt:

 

"It seemed all but sure Juszczyk was headed to the Buffalo Bills in 2017 after spending his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens. However, Kristin, who was Juszczyk's girlfriend at the time, was in tears the night before he was set to sign because she did not want to live in Buffalo.

 

So, what did Juszczyk do? He did what any good boyfriend would do, and tried to find a compromise.

 

"The next day, I told my agent, 'Hey, if you can get San Francisco to just match [Buffalo's] offer, I'm there,'" Juszczyk said. "So, he came to them with that, and they did it.""

 

 

what a moron.  With taxes that 'match' is less.  

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Bobby Ross years ago as head coach also, he went to Chargers instead.  Pretty sure the wifey was right on that one... easy choice that one.   

 

Frankly, if you were a single rock star pro athlete  with no ties to WNY, making millions per year, all things being equal, why would you consciously choose WNY over any west coast or southern team??  Answer: 9 times out of 10 you would not.   

 

The Bills being good now changes the calculus for sure, but the Bills needing to overpay-for-FA phenomenon will always be an issue to contend with, unless the player is a family guy or has ties to the area or both.   Do you think Daboll would have come if he had no ties to the area and had other identical offers?   Don't think so... 

 

this is a ridiculous take.  Then why do FA's go to places like Green Bay or Baltimore?  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

 

Guess it doesn't compare to the world renowned architecture in Buffalo. People laugh when I say that but they don't laugh so much after reading how it has been pumped up by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Toronto Sun and the architecture tours that are exceptionally popular with out of town visitors.

 

Sad that most people don't know how amazing the architecture in Buffalo really is and how it is among the best in the country. Buffalo was the richest city per capita in 1900 in the US and those rich people brought in a lot of famous people to build stuff here.

 

Exactly.  A lot of these types of cities, like PGH where I live, have fantastic architecture because of the early 1900's wealth.  Buffalo was also one of the 10 largest cities in the US in 1900 I believe.  Didn't know about the wealth per capita.  Where is that from.  Neat stat.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, chongli said:

[I searched and did not find this topic anywhere here. Please delete or merge if posted already.]

 

Ugh. Why does this stuff happen? He was a multi-time Pro Bowler.

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-juszczyks-hilarious-reason-signed-013412205.html

 

Excerpt:

 

"It seemed all but sure Juszczyk was headed to the Buffalo Bills in 2017 after spending his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens. However, Kristin, who was Juszczyk's girlfriend at the time, was in tears the night before he was set to sign because she did not want to live in Buffalo.

 

So, what did Juszczyk do? He did what any good boyfriend would do, and tried to find a compromise.

 

"The next day, I told my agent, 'Hey, if you can get San Francisco to just match [Buffalo's] offer, I'm there,'" Juszczyk said. "So, he came to them with that, and they did it.""

 


1200px-Greek_lc_beta.svg.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

 

Exactly.  A lot of these types of cities, like PGH where I live, have fantastic architecture because of the early 1900's wealth.  Buffalo was also one of the 10 largest cities in the US in 1900 I believe.  Didn't know about the wealth per capita.  Where is that from.  Neat stat.  

 

Buffalo had the most millionaires per capita of any city in the US in 1900 as stated in this article...it was also the 8th largest city in the US with a little over 352K population.

 

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-03-28/buffalo-used-be-city-filled-millionaires-it-plans-get-rich-again-betting-against

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I love Buffalo but I get it if you’re not from here and it’s us vs SF, nit many would chose us. But how much money did she cost him? Like a 1/3 of his contract??? The best part is if he signed here, she would be saying how much she loved Buffalo. 
 

are bills fans attacking them on social media? We can be very sensitive.

No chicken wings or Niagara Falls for him!

I definitely googled her and was prepared to be petty and say she was a Buffalo 7. But she’s pretty hot. I would have listened to her, even though it cost them a lot of money.

 

They matched the offer, no?

 

 

 

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

 

Guess it doesn't compare to the world renowned architecture in Buffalo. People laugh when I say that but they don't laugh so much after reading how it has been pumped up by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Toronto Sun and the architecture tours that are exceptionally popular with out of town visitors.

 

Sad that most people don't know how amazing the architecture in Buffalo really is and how it is among the best in the country. Buffalo was the richest city per capita in 1900 in the US and those rich people brought in a lot of famous people to build stuff here.

 

52 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

 

Exactly.  A lot of these types of cities, like PGH where I live, have fantastic architecture because of the early 1900's wealth.  Buffalo was also one of the 10 largest cities in the US in 1900 I believe.  Didn't know about the wealth per capita.  Where is that from.  Neat stat.  

 

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

 

Buffalo had the most millionaires per capita of any city in the US in 1900 as stated in this article...it was also the 8th largest city in the US with a little over 352K population.

 

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-03-28/buffalo-used-be-city-filled-millionaires-it-plans-get-rich-again-betting-against

 

 

Dang, I bet the 24 yr old, Gen Z hotties are just lining up for this kind of sweet talking!

 

"Hey baby, you know Buffalo has some cool buildings from 1910 to look at? Don't you want to live there now? What's the problem? It had a ton of wealth... 120 years ago!"

 

:beer::beer:

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I hear you. I was there 25 years and moved to Austin a year and a half ago. San Francisco went down the tubes big time. It will always be a great city to go back to and visit but it became intolerable and unlivable in the end. Homelessness was a piece of the problem, more of a symptom, but not the main factor. 

 

Yea, moved to Austin 14 years ago from Buffalo. Super exited about all the ex San Fran people moving to Austin and doing the same thing to Austin they did to San Fran because they can't afford to live there anymore. 

 

You're ok though since you're a Bills fan ;)

Edited by jeremy2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We don’t really use a fullback so I don’t know if he would be a fit here anyway but this used to happen all the time to the Bills where other teams would use us as leverage to sign elsewhere...now after 3 out 4 playoff births and a superstar at QB we can pick and choose the free agents we target  kinda like college football recruiting 

ya times have changed dramatically.  

I think elite vet FAs that just want a Ring, will even take a pay cut to play here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Buffalo, but it isn't a major metropolitan area like SF is.  And while SF has legendary cold summers, it doesn't have ice cold, snowy winters.  If a guy's girlfriend didn't want to live in Buffalo, no big deal.  If she had come to town/lived in Buffalo, her attitude might have changed.  No need to feel offended or slighted.  And, as mentioned above, while Buffalo has great early 1900's architecture, that may not mean a whole lot to most people (I happen to like it, but it wouldn't be a major factor in where I chose to live).

 

People might forget that one Jim Kelly didn't want to come to Buffalo either.... 

Edited by msw2112
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm... let’s see. NOT considering the quality of the football team, which CITIES would I want to de Drafted or Traded to:

 

* Las Vegas

* Nashville

* Phoenix

* Miami

* NYC

 

end.
 

All the other NFL cities have issues (some of the above have a few), going down to Dresden (1945)... errr Detroit... which is just beyond horrific, for every liveability metric!

 

(Before they moved... San Diego... by FAR the best)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

They matched the offer, no?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dang, I bet the 24 yr old, Gen Z hotties are just lining up for this kind of sweet talking!

 

"Hey baby, you know Buffalo has some cool buildings from 1910 to look at? Don't you want to live there now? What's the problem? It had a ton of wealth... 120 years ago!"

 

:beer::beer:

I Meant that the cost of living of SF compared to Buffalo. Like he’s well off but SF took a huge chuck of that money. 
 

Completely superficial take. Well there are a lot of pretty girls in Buffalo, if you are in the 5-7 range, you should never leave Buffalo for a bigger market. Conversely, girls in those range in bigger markets should move to Buffalo and they can dominate. Also if you’re an athlete’s wife, you should be very happy to be in Buffalo. Like Allen’s girl is cute but she should lock him down and make sure he never leaves Buffalo until his career is done. The groupie sharks in Miami and LA would be circling the chum. 

2 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Hmmm... let’s see. NOT considering the quality of the football team, which CITIES would I want to de Drafted or Traded to:

 

* Las Vegas

* Nashville

* Phoenix

* Miami

* NYC

 

end.
 

All the other NFL cities have issues (some of the above have a few), going down to Dresden (1945)... errr Detroit... which is just beyond horrific, for every liveability metric!

 

(Before they moved... San Diego... by FAR the best)

 

 

 

I agree but the funniest part is none of places besides NYC has ever won a SB. The players whose main interests is what city they want to live in are the ones you avoid haha. 
 

also, if you had a second house somewhere warm, I think Buffalo is a pretty great place now that we actually have a good team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...