Available players released from other teams

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yes. I’m really not opposed to releasing Brown....I just hate the idea of releasing him and basically plugging in Davis to his spot. 

I'd plug Gabe (our best offensive performances were generally with Stef and Gabe wide, and I think that #2 outside is basically the #3 on this team cos Beas in the slot is the #2) but I am also trying to draft a receiver ideally day 2. If we are going to be a 4 and 5 wide team all the time we need to draft a receiver every year IMO like the Steelers do. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get why so many are down on Brown.  He was great in 2019 and played well before the injury.  Of course he didn't get as many yards/catches cuz we added Diggs.  You gotta have more than 1 stud

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd plug Gabe (our best offensive performances were generally with Stef and Gabe wide, and I think that #2 outside is basically the #3 on this team cos Beas in the slot is the #2) but I am also trying to draft a receiver ideally day 2. If we are going to be a 4 and 5 wide team all the time we need to draft a receiver every year IMO like the Steelers do. 

I think if you move on from Brown, you have to at the very least bring in another veteran to compete with Davis in camp.   I don't think you leave that to a day 2 pick as wideouts have a long lead time in picking up the NFL game.   Best case scenario you keep Brown.  But if the Bills do move on from him for cap reasons I am bringing Stills back at 4.5-5 million for next year.  He has been in the building and has time on task in the offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Gotta let the offseason play out obviously, but I’d be surprised if they took a WR day 1 or 2.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Feel they need to do more opposite Diggs if you release Brown.... look at KC and TB. Stacked at the skills position. Think we need to find a decent replacement for him if they do release him. 

Yeah, I'm with ya there. I just don't know how highly they prioritize adding a receiver. I'm sure they will via draft or FA as they always love to create competition, just not sure how much they'd spend on a FA or in which round they'd draft one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Yeah, I'm with ya there. I just don't know how highly they prioritize adding a receiver. I'm sure they will via draft or FA as they always love to create competition, just not sure how much they'd spend on a FA or in which round they'd draft one. 

Yup. I hope they do prioritize it with a day 2 pick. I don’t see it myself though. I think they are happy with what they have even when/if they do release Brown. 

I think they need to move-on from John Brown.  He's got a bad mix of age and cap number.  That being said, they need to replace his speed on offense so I'd talk to Stills and see what he'd be willing to take.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I think they need to move-on from John Brown.  He's got a bad mix of age and cap number.  That being said, they need to replace his speed on offense so I'd talk to Stills and see what he'd be willing to take.

I'm sure one of two things is true:

1) after having a 3 week look at Stills, they decided he wasn't their kind of guy

2) they've already talked to Stills and his agent; he may already have an offer in hand (Darron Lee is said to have called into a talk show and said that he had an offer in hand from the Bills)

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking Short could be a potential cut and interesting add for the Bills based on his injuries the past two years and the massive amount of money Carolina would owe him in 2021. In my opinion, he's much more likely to have a Daryl Williams bounce back season than become a Vontae Davis. As the tweet mentioned, Short was previously an elite run defender and former Pro Bowler who played the best years of his career under Sean McDermott (and next to Star!). 

If we can bring him in on a one year deal (incentive-laden if possible) for $2-4 million, I would do that in a heart beat. Good risk-reward for the Bills at a position of need and good for Kawann Short who gets to play for a contender with world-class medical facilities and his former DC. 

• Like (+1) 1