Jump to content

Available players released from other teams


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

All of this talk about Yannick had me thinking and others have mentioned in some form.


Cap Savings with Release

Addison  $6,162,980

Jefferson. $6,500,000

Butler. $6,818,750

 

Total $19,480,750

 

Yannick's market value $15,500,500.  Given we get Star back, it would upgrade our line as I didn’t see a lot from the above 3.  I was in favor last year so true confessions of bringing in Jefferson and Addison.  Certainly a lot more than that tool Clowney.  I was wrong.  We still have Hughes, Star, H. Phillips, Oliver (who performed better when next to Star), Ngakoue, Cox, Epenesa, and Johnson.  If he in a tough year accepts that contract for no other reason as a fair contract, and a team one game away from the SB.

 

To me, that is an upgrade from the 2020 team. Like so many others have said, what are the three priorities?  A pass rush with four, check Hughes would be better with Yannick on the other side.  A run game, and an upgrade at TE.  I don’t know if we can accomplish all three, but we are close.

Agree with the bolded statement. I wouldn't mind Ngakoue, but to be honest, I might prefer Carl Lawson from a value standpoint. His market value is almost half of that figure and I think he's a breakout candidate. One more year removed from his injury as well. The more I read about Lawson and hear him speak, I think he's a fit on the Bills and a player who could pop on a better defense. 

 

All in favor of cutting Butler and Addison, but I'd keep Jefferson actually. He played well when he was used correctly (aka not as a 1-Tech) and contributed a lot of pressures. Would like see Oliver and Jefferson as our 3-Techs next year with Star eating up blockers. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get why so many are down on Brown.  He was great in 2019 and played well before the injury.  Of course he didn't get as many yards/catches cuz we added Diggs.  You gotta have more than 1 stud

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Agree with the bolded statement. I wouldn't mind Ngakoue, but to be honest, I might prefer Carl Lawson from a value standpoint. His market value is almost half of that figure and I think he's a breakout candidate. One more year removed from his injury as well. The more I read about Lawson and hear him speak, I think he's a fit on the Bills and a player who could pop on a better defense. 

 

All in favor of cutting Butler and Addison, but I'd keep Jefferson actually. He played well when he was used correctly (aka not as a 1-Tech) and contributed a lot of pressures. Would like see Oliver and Jefferson as our 3-Techs next year with Star eating up blockers. 

I agree on Jefferson.  I think he added more value than Butler or Addison.  

I also agree on Lawson.

CB2 has to be looked at, Levi is ok and Dane has strengths, but they need to look at that.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

When will the Carl Lawson page start???

You’re dating yourself Sarcasm. Do they still make the stuff?

Lawson is a UFA, not released 

Edited by YoloinOhio
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I agree on Jefferson.  I think he added more value than Butler or Addison.  

I also agree on Lawson.

CB2 has to be looked at, Levi is ok and Dane has strengths, but they need to look at that.

I also agree on Lawson. More I read and watch, the more I like. As to Jefferson though, with Oliver, Phillips and Zimmer, is he really worth the extra money or would the cap savings be better? Do we get more production from him versus Phillip's and Zimmer?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:


PT, coming through again.  Nice link.  Not on you, but if the writer would’ve done his hw. and added either the spotrac or OTC market value for each of those guys, would be awesome.  Seriously, thanks PT.

no problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:


PT, coming through again.  Nice link.  Not on you, but if the writer would’ve done his hw. and added either the spotrac or OTC market value for each of those guys, would be awesome.  Seriously, thanks PT.

 

I use the Spotrac Transaction listing for released players.  It's easy to check salary data.  One stop shopping.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/2021/released/

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Potential Darryl Williams replacement if it comes to that. Massie played very well at RT but had a season ending knee injury halfway through the season. He should be fully recovered in time for training camp.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doc said:

Dunlap is on the verge of 33.

Playoff games don’t discriminate based on age.  He can help for one year.   Imo, who we upgrade our pass rush with doesn’t matter as long as it’s addressed and improved.  If it consists of a couple 1 year contract 30+ vets, so be it.  Suh is 34 and JPP is 33.  As long as he can get to the QB while he’s a Bill is all that matters imo.  He looked pretty good last year after the trade and turned that D around. 
 

Last year was his first taste of being on a contender (somewhat anyway).  Take less and get yourself a SB Carlos.  

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

However, the actual efficiency of his play during his time in Detroit was hotly debated. He earned PFF grades of just 45.5 and 45.7 in the past two seasons and was specifically a vulnerability in coverage while providing little pass rush (3.0 sacks in three seasons).

 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/3/8/22319964/detroit-lions-release-christian-jones-russell-bodine

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2021 at 9:49 AM, LyndonvilleBill said:

I also agree on Lawson. More I read and watch, the more I like. As to Jefferson though, with Oliver, Phillips and Zimmer, is he really worth the extra money or would the cap savings be better? Do we get more production from him versus Phillip's and Zimmer?

Solid points, me I cut Butler and Jefferson and rework Addison. I then add Dewuan Smooth at DE and add a TE like Gerald Everett. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...