Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Dunlap is on the verge of 33.

Playoff games don’t discriminate based on age.  He can help for one year.   Imo, who we upgrade our pass rush with doesn’t matter as long as it’s addressed and improved.  If it consists of a couple 1 year contract 30+ vets, so be it.  Suh is 34 and JPP is 33.  As long as he can get to the QB while he’s a Bill is all that matters imo.  He looked pretty good last year after the trade and turned that D around. 

Last year was his first taste of being on a contender (somewhat anyway).  Take less and get yourself a SB Carlos.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

However, the actual efficiency of his play during his time in Detroit was hotly debated. He earned PFF grades of just 45.5 and 45.7 in the past two seasons and was specifically a vulnerability in coverage while providing little pass rush (3.0 sacks in three seasons).

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/3/8/22319964/detroit-lions-release-christian-jones-russell-bodine

On 3/7/2021 at 9:49 AM, LyndonvilleBill said:

I also agree on Lawson. More I read and watch, the more I like. As to Jefferson though, with Oliver, Phillips and Zimmer, is he really worth the extra money or would the cap savings be better? Do we get more production from him versus Phillip's and Zimmer?

Solid points, me I cut Butler and Jefferson and rework Addison. I then add Dewuan Smooth at DE and add a TE like Gerald Everett. 

On 3/7/2021 at 8:49 AM, LyndonvilleBill said:

I also agree on Lawson. More I read and watch, the more I like. As to Jefferson though, with Oliver, Phillips and Zimmer, is he really worth the extra money or would the cap savings be better? Do we get more production from him versus Phillip's and Zimmer?

Phillips position is def. 1TDT.  Butler may have been asked to play 1TDT but both he, Jefferson, and AFAIK Zimmer were signed on as 3TDT's.

So you really can't look at it as a comparison of 'production' - and what does production mean to you from a DT anyway?

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

Playoff games don’t discriminate based on age.  He can help for one year.   Imo, who we upgrade our pass rush with doesn’t matter as long as it’s addressed and improved.  If it consists of a couple 1 year contract 30+ vets, so be it.  Suh is 34 and JPP is 33.  As long as he can get to the QB while he’s a Bill is all that matters imo.  He looked pretty good last year after the trade and turned that D around. 

Last year was his first taste of being on a contender (somewhat anyway).  Take less and get yourself a SB Carlos.  

At some point this is going to be our model, especially after we have to pay Josh.  We need to find vets who have a little left in the tank that will give us a deal so they can win a ring.  Belichick figured that out almost 20 years ago.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is a pipe dream for the Bills but man I would love his fit in this offense. I'm so in love with the idea I'm trying to think through how we could make it work. Let Williams and Milano and Brown all walk, cut the d-line underperformers and maybe even Hughes. Yeah probably not realistic but fun to think about. If I had to guess I'd say he goes to the Colts.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a pipe dream for the Bills but man I would love his fit in this offense. I'm so in love with the idea I'm trying to think through how we could make it work. Let Williams and Milano and Brown all walk, cut the d-line underperformers and maybe even Hughes. Yeah probably not realistic but fun to think about. If I had to guess I'd say he goes to the Colts.

He’s one of my favorite non Bills players in the league. 

8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Hmm... Thread title change?  Golladay and Henry are not releases.  Still gonna use F5 for this thread either way.

I am trying to keep it just players who are being released so title remains. 

Edited by YoloinOhio