Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wouldnt touch Schwartz due to age, and his relation to Geoff.   Fisher will land somewhere for good money, but is probably on the back end of his career too

When will Fischer even be healthy. Torn Achilles in late January ...

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wouldnt touch Schwartz due to age, and his relation to Geoff.   Fisher will land somewhere for good money, but is probably on the back end of his career too

And Schwartz just had a back procedure in FEB.  Last game in 2020 was week 6 versus Bills.  Both guys are now >30 and damaged goods.  Pass please

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Personally, the only player I’d want to add to the roster so far in the cuts is Kenny Golliday. Him, Diggs, Beasley, Davis would probably make the Bills offense more explosive than the Chiefs. The tight end position would be an afterthought.

Golladay wasnt cut. He’s a UFA.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Have they cut the backups yet though? Some of them might be their starters in 2021

True.  Maybe remmers plays RT?  He played ok RT vs us.  At LT, which he played in the SB, he’s awful and not an option.  I feel they’ll find viable replacements.  Having to go 10 deep on the OL is near impossible, but they did well going 9 deep.  Then Fisher got hurt and down went Goliath 

I would almost guarantee James will be looked at by Buffalo again.

Not sure how Detroit used him, but production and targets were way down. Might be a low cost replacement for Kroft.

He was known as a pretty good/tough dude in Pitt, maybe DET was just not a fit.

Edited by RichRiderBills

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I they're still 100 million over the cap, lol. 

Seriously though how did they mess up their cap so bad? 

Many of their contracts were heavily backloaded. 

The idea was to keep "kicking the can down the road" and take advantage of their rapidly closing Super Bowl window with Drew Brees.

Eventually, that bill was always going to come due.  

What nobody expected was a $15 million salary cap DROP in 2021.  In previous years, the cap has usually risen around $10 million per year. 

Most NFL general managers figured the 2021 cap would be about $208 million, instead of the $183 they ended up getting.  That's a whopping difference of $25 million less.  Lots of teams are in deep cap trouble this year, and being forced to cut veteran talent. 

The Saints basically got hit from both ends in the same offseason.  The reduced cap AND the backloaded contracts finally catching up.  Considering the regression and possible retirement of Brees, it probably worked out just as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I they're still 100 million over the cap, lol. 

Seriously though how did they mess up their cap so bad? 

They just decided to give everything they could to get another ring with Brees. Now that he is done, so are they effectively for at least a few years. It’s time to tear it down. Trade anyone not named Kamara while you can get something for them, cut the dead weight, and just tank away for one year to get your QB of the future. 

I know I’m being critical here, but I just don’t think Winston is the answer. Sure they can give it a run for a year but if they aren’t careful they’ll be doing time in QB purgatory next year too and may not be in a position to get a premium pick. Suck one year and deal with it. Stack up your picks and make some moves

• Like (+1) 1