Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I they're still 100 million over the cap, lol. 

Seriously though how did they mess up their cap so bad? 

It definitely isn't 100 million over anymore. They're pretty close to being back at $0 at this point. Still probably a few moves away though, and they ultimately need to create actual cap space because they intend to bring back some players.

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It definitely isn't 100 million over anymore. They're pretty close to being back at $0 at this point. Still probably a few moves away though, and they ultimately need to create actual cap space because they intend to bring back some players.

They are currently at -$11M.  I don't think they will be bringing back Sheldon Rankins or Trey Hendrickson.  If they are they got more

players to cut/trade.  Almost all the guys left with big money hits have been restructured already.

I will admit I have taken some joy in watching their struggle this year.  All their games have caught up to them!

3 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I would almost guarantee James will be looked at by Buffalo again.

Not sure how Detroit used him, but production and targets were way down. Might be a low cost replacement for Kroft.

He was known as a pretty good/tough dude in Pitt, maybe DET was just not a fit.

Hockenson basically made him irrelevant for them. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Former panther alert

This one is interesting.   5x Pro-Bowler, who was absolutely terrible and hurt last year.   That said, he is only 28 and played really good football next to Daryl Williams during his time in Carolina.  Still not sure he is a better option than Feliciano at this point in his career.   Wonder if you can get him cheap on a one year prove it deal?

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

This one is interesting.   5x Pro-Bowler, who was absolutely terrible and hurt last year.   That said, he is only 28 and played really good football next to Daryl Williams during his time in Carolina.  Still not sure he is a better option than Feliciano at this point in his career.   Wonder if you can get him cheap on a one year prove it deal?

Zero chance imo. 
I don’t think you’ll get most of the bargain 1 year deals until after the draft when remaining free agents start panicking they won’t have a job this season. If I had to guess I’d think mostly all the top 10-15 guys at each position will  get contracts before the draft. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Sad 1

The saints thought that if the put all of their eggs into this 2019-2020 super bowl runs, the eggs would either retire or take a pay cut when the time comes.  They were not wrong.  But they are making the path to the playoffs very easy for Tampa.  
if Buffalo can find a way to get Jackson or Turner at guard, this O line could be top five.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

When’s Tampa gonna release OJ Howard or Brate?  If I were Beane, I’d offer a nice contract to Gronk.  When he inevitably re-signs with Tampa at least you might drive up his price.  Then I’d sign whoever they cut from Brate or Howard.  

It seems inevitable but you never know with how much they use multiple tight ends. I’d rather just trade for Brate than waiting for him to be cut. His contract is awesome. 

On 3/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, RichRiderBills said:

Not sure how Detroit used him, but production and targets were way down. Might be a low cost replacement for Kroft.

If the Bills are looking at James I’d rather them look at Josh Hill. He is a better blocker and can split out wide in the red zone. 

He was waaaaay under used in NO. 

14 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/roster-cuts/2021-01-00/2021-04-05/  Another cut tracker though this does not show cut players signed by a new team, it does show other interesting info.

If you are using Spotrac and want to see players who have signed use the Free Agent info.

Free Agents listed here are all the players available by any means (waived, cut or upcoming FAs).

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FFadpecr said:

Of the 3, Turner actually had the worst PFF grade....

Why Turner?

Don’t count his San Diego time. He was excellent in Carolina and then got caught in covid year and injured in camp.  Healthy, full off season and training camp and it’s Daryl Williams again type situation.  Only 28 years old at season start 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, RichRiderBills said:

James is a pretty good upgrade over Lee Smith. I like it. He was a 40 catch TE for Pittsburgh. Only 26-27. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

Which RG do you want the Bills to sign of these 3 in particular?

- Gabe Jackson

- Trai Turner

- Kevin Zeitler

Zeitler.

We can afford all 4. Give me Zeitler, Verrett, Ebukam and Arnold.

• Like (+1) 1