Eagles hiring Nick Sirianni as HC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His parents are my neighbors. I am so pumped for this! Awesome football family. Great neighbors. 

Jamestown, NY native, and with the name to match.

Fran is my neighbor. Love him. I'll ask him about this the next time we're out doing yard work at the same time. He and his wife have been to almost every game Nick has coached since starting with the

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Special K said:

One bullet left to dodge to keep our coaching staff in place!

And that likely goes to Bieniemy if the Texans want Watson to remain with the team.

• Like (+1) 1
2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And that likely goes to Bieniemy if the Texans want Watson to remain with the team.

The question is if Beniemy fails do you fire him and dump Watson?  As you're putting your team in a tough spot hiring coaches based on players input. Especially one's that no other team seems to want. 

23 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

The trend towards the young up- and-comer continues. Interesting nfl pattern. It'll be interesting to see how this goes. 

I'm so glad it is...I mean they could have hired Adam Gase...

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Happy to see the hire and youth movement opposed to the same ole same ole retreads getting jobs. 

yup. i think a guy like McDaniels deserves a second chance. He's put in the time. He is still young. But most of these guys have shown their stripes. This one was interesting because we had been hearing about the Colts D Coordinator with Philly, but I hadn't heard Nick's name mentioned in a couple years. Maybe I just missed it. 

12 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

yup. i think a guy like McDaniels deserves a second chance. He's put in the time. He is still young. But most of these guys have shown their stripes. This one was interesting because we had been hearing about the Colts D Coordinator with Philly, but I hadn't heard Nick's name mentioned in a couple years. Maybe I just missed it. 

After his stint with Denver and the way he bailed on the colts at the last second. I don’t think anyone gives him a chance

• Like (+1) 1
4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

After his stint with Denver and the way he bailed on the colts at the last second. I don’t think anyone gives him a chance

I actually forgot about the Colts thing. I think that is more disqualifying than anything. I really think he could have and probably did learn from what happened in Denver. He was ridiculously young at the time. I think you can change stripes at an early age. 

But the Colts thing was absolutely not good.  

• Like (+1) 1
Just now, Man with No Name said:

I actually forgot about the Colts thing. I think that is more disqualifying than anything. I really think he could have and probably did learn from what happened in Denver. He was ridiculously young at the time. I think you can change stripes at an early age. 

But the Colts thing was absolutely not good.  

I assume he's the heir apparent for when Belichick moves upstairs to VP/GM role.  Belichick probably gave him a timeline if i had to guess.

• Agree 1
50 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The question is if Beniemy fails do you fire him and dump Watson?  As you're putting your team in a tough spot hiring coaches based on players input. Especially one's that no other team seems to want. 

Too late for those considerations, Texans already have messed up the franchise in epic manner and record time.

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Maybe he eventually takes over Belichick's job.