If we lose Daboll - Would Brian Schottenheimer be a good replacement?

Brian Schottenheimer anyone?  Thoughts.. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/seahawks-fire-offensive-coordinator-brian-schottenheimer-004340081--nfl.html

The Seattle Seahawks fired offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer on Tuesday following a season in which the team set several offensive records but coach Pete Carroll had clear issues with how the offense operated.

Seattle announced the move, citing ''philosophical differences.'' The Seahawks had the highest-scoring team in franchise history, Russell Wilson threw a career-high 40 touchdowns in the regular season, and wide receivers DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett both set club records for receiving.

Still, the Seahawks regressed offensively in the second half of the season, and Wilson and Carroll both made comments following Seattle's 30-20 playoff loss to the Los Angeles Rams that indicated concerns with the lack of adjustments by the offense late in the season.

I don’t think it’s a good fit. 
They started out so hot, but you can’t have those big 3 on offense and be that bad for the last half of the season. That’s 100% on the coordinator imo to scheme something, anything to get the offense moving. 
Take away Wilson’s insane deep ball accuracy and yards and that might be one of the worst offenses in the whole league this past year 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KollegeStudnet said:

Dorsey

If Daboll gets hired as Chargers head coach and you’re Dorsey, do you go with him back to California where you grew up to work with Herbert or do you stay with the Bills to work with Allen?

If he went as Daboll’s OC, he may not call plays. If he stays, McDermott might give him control.

As someone else has said, I'd prefer continuity, yet I actually think that son of Schotty is a decent OC, proven by the fact that he has utilised different styles of offense in different places.

I'm not a great lover of Carroll either, so there's some bias involved, as while he takes 'some' responsibility for individual game upsets, I feel he's very quick to chuck guys under the bus whenever there are bigger pictures involved.

The Seahawks offensive issues are probably more to do with poor O-line play, than anything else, and as roster responsibility is between Carroll and Schneider, I'd be asking them some tough questions.

Shopuld Daboll depart somewhere, as I've said, I'd prefer continuity, but I wouldn't be bent out of shape should McDermott hire son of. I would, however, be very much in 'wait and see' mode.

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think it’s a good fit. 
They started out so hot, but you can’t have those big 3 on offense and be that bad for the last half of the season. That’s 100% on the coordinator imo to scheme something, anything to get the offense moving. 
Take away Wilson’s insane deep ball accuracy and yards and that might be one of the worst offenses in the whole league this past year 

Yea some of their deficiencies began to show up and Schotty couldn't scheme around them. That said, one truth that should be acknowledged is Russ played the worst football of his career down the stretch. I heard someone on one of the talking head shows the other day just put a throw away line about something "outside of football" affecting him. Not sure whether they were just speculating to try and explain what on the face of it is inexplicable or whether they knew something and were alluding to it. But Russ was not Russ down the stretch and some of it was on Russ himself. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea some of their deficiencies began to show up and Schotty couldn't scheme around them. That said, one truth that should be acknowledged is Russ played the worst football of his career down the stretch. I heard someone on one of the talking head shows the other day just put a throw away line about something "outside of football" affecting him. Not sure whether they were just speculating to try and explain what on the face of it is inexplicable or whether they knew something and were alluding to it. But Russ was not Russ down the stretch and some of it was on Russ himself. 

He took a beating this year. For a guy with wheels he sure seemed to take a lot of sacks. I know he prefers not to run much but he couldn’t seem to escape the rush like normal. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

No. Promote Dorsey and hope he’s picked up a ton from Daboll.

I’d agree with this. If you keep the offense the same then you’re really just looking for a play caller, not a whole new scheme. I’d start from within. If it doesn’t work (and it should especially with Allen more comfortable each year) then move on and change things up in 2022.

• Thank you (+1) 1