Jump to content

Ravens Pat Ricard: does he look like a Problem?


Recommended Posts

He’s a monster. He should mix in on the D line for them he’d probably be quite good there too 

 

 

Not this week though 😂

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's a good old fashioned homophobe and racist.

 

Makes it even easier to cheer against him on Saturday.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6477091/Baltimore-Ravens-condemn-racist-n-word-tweets-homophobic-slurs-Twitter-player-Patrick-Ricard.html

 

As a black man...I don't see the way he was using the n word as being racist. He clearly just thought it was ok for him to use the way black people do. He was likely enabled and given a pass by close black friends. What he failed to realize was that pass is only good around them and not in public.

 

Also the use of the word f***** doesn't necessarily mean he was homophobic either. He did it before it was frowned upon as much and was a common derogatory term that really didn't hold its literal meaning but a terrible way to insult someone. 

 

The homophobic thing is up in the air for me but I can easily tell from context if a white person using the n word that ends in an 'a' ID being racist with its use or trying to be cool at the wrong time and place.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/wired-john-harbaugh-warned-mike-vrabel-about-pat-ricard

 

"Pat Ricard out here playing like the Titans Defense stole his Doordash order" 😂

 

But seriously .... a 300 lb guy who can move and catch....

100 percent a problem. He scares the crap out of me!

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's a good old fashioned homophobe and racist.

 

Makes it even easier to cheer against him on Saturday.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6477091/Baltimore-Ravens-condemn-racist-n-word-tweets-homophobic-slurs-Twitter-player-Patrick-Ricard.html

Thank you for posting that. He sounds like a racist, homophobic POS, and I hope he has a very bad game.

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

 

As a black man...I don't see the way he was using the n word as being racist. He clearly just thought it was ok for him to use the way black people do. He was likely enabled and given a pass by close black friends. What he failed to realize was that pass is only good around them and not in public.

 

Also the use of the word f***** doesn't necessarily mean he was homophobic either. He did it before it was frowned upon as much and was a common derogatory term that really didn't hold its literal meaning but a terrible way to insult someone. 

 

The homophobic thing is up in the air for me but I can easily tell from context if a white person using the n word that ends in an 'a' ID being racist with its use or trying to be cool at the wrong time and place.

How do you feel about how he views gay people? F***t hadn’t been ok in a couple of decades (at least) except among homophobes.

Edited by dave mcbride
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s a monster. He should mix in on the D line for them he’d probably be quite good there too 

 

 

Not this week though 😂

 

He used to play defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t like double standards or discrimination of any kind. There are very few topics I will take a major stand on here, but I’ll die on this hill. 

 

 

 

Edit: This works both ways, which may be unpopular with some. I’ll stand by that, but I’d prefer to move on to more positive and productive topics. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Williams could have been our version of him 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

He's a good old fashioned homophobe and racist.

 

Makes it even easier to cheer against him on Saturday.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6477091/Baltimore-Ravens-condemn-racist-n-word-tweets-homophobic-slurs-Twitter-player-Patrick-Ricard.html

 

If any of us had twitter as a 15 or 16 year old, pretty sure there would be a lot of crazy stuff on there. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

100 percent a problem. He scares the crap out of me!

Thank you for posting that. He sounds like a racist, homophobic POS, and I hope he has a very bad game.

How do you feel about how he views gay people? F***t hadn’t been ok in a couple of decades (at least) except among homophobes.

 

You can't assume this...trust me I know....I have heard multiple gay people call others a f**** in a derogatory manner. They clearly have no issue with gays. 

 

Is it terrible? Yes! Does it necessarily mean homophobia? No! People interchange that word with other derogatory names and mean the same thing. None of it being intended as some attack on gays. Especially considering he was a kid...come on now. 

 

AGAIN...he coulda very well have been, or still is a homophobe but those tweets from his teenage years isn't enough proof for me.

 

Edited by StHustle
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StHustle said:

 

As a black man...I don't see the way he was using the n word as being racist. He clearly just thought it was ok for him to use the way black people do. He was likely enabled and given a pass by close black friends. What he failed to realize was that pass is only good around them and not in public.

 

Also the use of the word f***** doesn't necessarily mean he was homophobic either. He did it before it was frowned upon as much and was a common derogatory term that really didn't hold its literal meaning but a terrible way to insult someone. 

 

The homophobic thing is up in the air for me but I can easily tell from context if a white person using the n word that ends in an 'a' ID being racist with its use or trying to be cool at the wrong time and place.

When did he use the word... 1950?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...