Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, billybob71 said:

Lamar gonna get his big plays against Bills D, Joshy gonna get his big plays against Ravens D. Gonna come down to who gets more. 

and who protects the ball better. and who wins the field position game. and a bunch of little things in between like sound tackling.  People are going to make plays.  Have to stop the play from becoming huge plays due to lack of tackling or unnecessary penalties.  Absolutely cant stand about to get off the field on 3rd down and someone takes a stupid penalty, or ref calls a bs penalty, and they get a first down anyhow.   That almost never ends well for us on those drives.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and who protects the ball better. and who wins the field position game. and a bunch of little things in between like sound tackling.  People are going to make plays.  Have to stop the play from becoming huge plays due to lack of tackling or unnecessary penalties.  Absolutely cant stand about to get off the field on 3rd down and someone takes a stupid penalty, or ref calls a bs penalty, and they get a first down anyhow.   That almost never ends well for us on those drives.

yeah true that but it can work both ways hopefully. like when Josh got Colts to jump Offside and our drive starts in first half gotta b way better this week.

Edited by billybob71
  • Agree 1

Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, Universo) | Bills Stadium

1) It sounds strange, but Josh Allen may have a bigger burden than Lamar Jackson in this game. The Bills have all but given up running the ball, with Zack Moss (who suffered an ankle injury) and Devin Singletary combining for 10 carries for 42 yards on Saturday, and they are unlikely to try against this stout Baltimore front. 

2) Hopefully, Buffalo receiver Cole Beasley, who's been dealing with a knee injury, is closer to full health this week, because he wasn't moving at full speed against the Colts on Saturday. If Beasley is right, the Bills can threaten the Ravens' secondary depth with four quality wideouts. No one can cover Stefon Diggs one-on-one, while Gabriel Davis and John Brown can also get deep. That's dangerous against a Ravens team that blitzes plenty and leaves its cornerbacks vulnerable.  

3) The Bills defense made just enough plays against the Colts, but it was concerning to see the unit give up 472 yards. Head coach Sean McDermott's group is often about bending but not breaking while making key plays in the red zone. Combine that approach with the Ravens' tendency for long drives, and the Bills defense could be on the field a lot in this game. 

4) If McDermott's defense tends toward playing it safe, coordinator Wink Martindale's Ravens group is more boom-or-bust. Baltimore mixed coverages and blitzes beautifully against Tennessee. That said, Sunday's game marked the Ravens' third time facing the Titans in one calendar year. There is less familiarity in this upcoming matchup -- and greater risk sending so much pressure against a pass-first team like the Bills.

5) All of the Divisional Round matchups are compelling, but this one is my favorite. I have no clue what will happen, and I could see either team winning the Super Bowl.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-divisional-round-five-things-to-watch-in-each-game

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Carl Cheffers has been assigned as the referee for the Ravens at Bills playoff game Saturday night. He did two Bills games this season.

11 Bills penalties vs. Jets, 10 Bills penalties vs. Titans. We're doomed.:wacko:

I actually really liked the refs during the last game. Yeah, they let everything go— but it made the game so much more enjoyable. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan619 said:

Just a gut feeling or are there some things you see in Baltimore or Buffalo that make you feel better about it?

I thought we would beat the colts 35-17. Since I was dead wrong on that one, and since I feel the ravens will be a close game, watch the final be Bills 35, Ravens 17

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I suppose this assumes none of these players re-injured themselves on Saturday.  I saw Beasley limping late in the game and assumed he'd be doubtful or at mcleast questionable for this weekend.

McD mentioned in his presser that Beasley would be ready to go for this weekend. I was actually surprised that he gave out this info. That said, woohoo!!!

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bills going to have to score 30+ to win Saturday night 

Shouldn't be a problem.

I want this s team to understand that Lamar could rip off a huge TD run at any moment... Put the peddle to the floor and never let off.

11 minutes ago, major said:

I thought we would beat the colts 35-17. Since I was dead wrong on that one, and since I feel the ravens will be a close game, watch the final be Bills 35, Ravens 17

Man, I hope you're right. That'd be awesome if it happens.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, major said:

Y’all do realize that our D is going to be pissed due to the “no respect” they are receiving. I expect the D to come out and prove a point this Saturday night 

I really don't have a lot of confidence in our D. Pissed off or wanting to prove a point has very little to do with it. Motivation shouldn't be an issue in a game of this magnitude. For the most part, we have difficulty stopping the run and defending the tight end position. Just happens to be the strength of the Ravens. We have ridden Allen's back all year. He will have to be "superman" for us to win. That's something I think he can do. 

• Agree 2