Steelers officially playing backups vs Browns

Process

3 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

I would rest as many of our starters as possible. Maybe a few series for them at the most.

Our goal is to beat KC, and they will have rested in week 17 plus the bye.

Gotta keep our guys as rested and healthy as we can

Kc is in no position to be resting starters...they have not looked sharp in over a month.  Couple different bounces here and there over the last few weeks and theyre the 2 seed right now

5 hours ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Lol at the #2 seed doesn't mean anything. Yeah cause one home game is better then two. Do you people even think before you post. 

It’s really never meant less. The only difference between home and away this year is a 3 hour plane ride and spending the night in a hotel. If we were going to play somewhere with a dome or warm weather, I’d much rather have the away game. Bad weather always works against the skilled team to even the playing field. With an air raid offense you take the dome/nice weather every time. 

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I remember the Bills losing to the Steelers backups to miss the playoffs. The Browns might join the club. 

They will play a series or 2 and start pulling them out. 

If Beasley is healthy, enough for Allen to throw 50 yards to him and they can both get their stats.  Then welcome to the bench

11 hours ago, Process said:

Bills getting the 2 seed and can rest starters. 

I have been very adamant that the 2 seed is not important despite a lot of people here thinking otherwise, and that we should rest starters. The teams clearly agree.

But congrats, we all win. 

If we end up the 3 seed on the road in the AFC CG you might be bummed about your position 

45 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It’s really never meant less. The only difference between home and away this year is a 3 hour plane ride and spending the night in a hotel. If we were going to play somewhere with a dome or warm weather, I’d much rather have the away game. Bad weather always works against the skilled team to even the playing field. With an air raid offense you take the dome/nice weather every time. 

Id rather play in buffalo than in Pittsburgh. 

nothing you said applies to this. What team are you hypothesizing leap frogs us in this?!? 

33 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If Beasley is healthy, enough for Allen to throw 50 yards to him and they can both get their stats.  Then welcome to the bench

That’s an awful strategy to put in place.

11 hours ago, Process said:

I have been very adamant that the 2 seed is not important despite a lot of people here thinking otherwise, and that we should rest starters. The teams clearly agree.

I think it's a stretch to claim the "teams" agree with your stance that 2 vs 3 seed doesn't matter, based on Ben sitting.  How much have you followed the Steelers this year?  I can say confidently not as much as I, living in Pittsburgh region.  

1.Ben is dinged up, knee, elbow, getting old you name it

2.on defense their linebackers are decimated by injuries, and have little.depth remaining

3. On top of all that, they basically were forced into a very early season bye week, bc of Titans Covid situation in October

My point is, the steelers situation is.not the norm and far different than ours.  They might be willing to concede that 2 seed, in order to rest a few banged up players.

I think we will do the same, rest our banged up guys and then see what mcdermott does from there.  But I don't think they are willing to say 2 vs 3 seed means little.  

Ok maybe no fans, so what, here are some other factors that certainly influence home field advantage:

1. Weather: Pitt vs Buffalo might be similar, so maybe a draw there, and I'm sure buffalo's offense nor is pittsburghs geared up for a snow game pound it, both would rather pass

2. Travel/Routine: big difference in terms of staying in familiar surroundings, then having to manage travel and time it takes.  Yes minimal flight time, but still multiple hours and having to get on a plane 

3. Home Field: want to compare kicking a field goal in Pittsburgh to Buffalo?  big difference at Heinz, let alone the playing surface, the wind patterns, etc.  These might be minor to a novice, but playing Qb and being familiar with how the wind comes.from tunnel.side to cross field, and how it influences deep passes, etc. 

4.  Pride: yeah maybe minor, but these guys take pride playing "at home", even if fans aren't allowed in.  Our house mentality

So yeah, im in the crowd that favors us getting the 2 seed.  Do it in a way where we escape the Miami game as healthy as possible, but its still important

7 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

But none of the teams with a higher seed than us plays in a Dome!  KC a and Pitt are just like Buffalo .  I hope we stay number 2 because I think the natural turf at Pitt impacts us more than the artificial turf in Buffalo,and Arrowhead

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some additional information about the Steelers plans:

On the other hand for the Browns: Covid

I also suspect Decastro to get limited snaps on the oline.  Cant rest/not dress everyone,  so some guys will dress an be emergency backups.  

On defense, same will likely go for Haden/Nelson/Fitzpatrick.  

Steelers are in a different boat, having not had a bye week since forever (was disrupted by Titans COVID situation).  I still think they can beat the Browns, given all the COVID situation with Cleveland currently

On 12/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, Process said:

I have said all along this week that the Bills would not play their best players and that this was the right approach.

The fanbase here seems to much more heavily value higher seeding rather than being healthy.

As you point out, the teams themselves value health, not seeding, which is interesting to note, especially for the future.

Hopefully we Bills fans find ourselves in many similar debates for years to come.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:37 PM, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Lol at the #2 seed doesn't mean anything. Yeah cause one home game is better then two. Do you people even think before you post. 

You aren't thinking things through.  The argument would be that the #2 seed is not valuable if, along with it, comes an injury to any of our key players that currently make the Bills machine go.

The short list would be Allen, Diggs, Beasley, Singletary, Moss, White, Milano, Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds...

I would not trade any 1 or more of those players being OUT for the Number 2 seeding.

Fully healthy Bills Team > seeding concerns.

• Like (+1) 1

Now that the #2 seed doesn't have a bye week I don't think it matters very much.  Especially not when it would be @ Pittsburgh, who won't have fans in the stands (unless that's changed like it has for us) and we've already won at once this year.  Besides with the way Pitt has been playing lately they could easily drop their WC round game and we'd have a second home game anyway.  Rest starters and show Tua the wrath of a Barkley unchained.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:23 PM, Process said:

so you're saying I should take the Steelers