Steelers officially playing backups vs Browns

Process

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In honor of Mason Rudolph getting the start, Stefanski announce Myles Garrett will be a Captain for the game:

Nice.

That is Rex-level trolling there

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

That is Rex-level trolling there

Seems like pretty in your face move by Browns. Seems like it adds pressure on Garrett that is unnecessary. Kinda seems bit inflammatory when Browns have ton of issues getting ready for this game with Covid issues.

Or it’s brilliant to get his team even more fired up 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 12/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, Real McNasty said:

I think our back ups can beat the Dolphins. 

Barkley couldnt beat the Jets last season.  Dolphins are actually well coached and have something to play for.  I disagree.

On 12/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, clearwater cadet said:

Best case scenario, I think the bills still need to win.

1)  KC

2) Buffalo

3) Pitts

4) Tenn

5) Balt

6) Browns

7) Miami/ Colts

I would like to avoid Balt and Tenn if possible. Let Tenn vs Balt battle it out, winner goes to KC.  KC can deal with winner, which I would assume is Balt.  I'd take 2 games against Pits, Miami, Browns, or Colts.

What if Baltimore beats KC.... AFC champ game in Buffalo!! (assuming we win the other two games of course)

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In honor of Mason Rudolph getting the start, Stefanski announce Myles Garrett will be a Captain for the game:

Nice.

Really lame.

Reminds me of when Kitchens wore the “Pittsburg Started It” shirt.   Bad Karma.  I kind of hope they lose now but I guess I can’t. 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

Seems like pretty in your face move by Browns. Seems like it adds pressure on Garrett that is unnecessary. Kinda seems bit inflammatory when Browns have ton of issues getting ready for this game with Covid issues.

Or it’s brilliant to get his team even more fired up 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know there are some people who believe these guys are professionals and don't need bulletin board material to be motivated etc etc, but to me 100% this has a net effect of firing up the Steelers way more than any benefit for the Browns.  Incredibly dumb move by Stefanski if you ask me - not only makes him look like a trolling fool, also gives Steelers more incentive.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah. I was going to say that is Kitchens level trolling and didn't work out too well for them last year.

To be fair, nothing Kitchens did last year worked out too well.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:28 AM, MasterStrategist said:

I think it's a stretch to claim the "teams" agree with your stance that 2 vs 3 seed doesn't matter, based on Ben sitting.  How much have you followed the Steelers this year?  I can say confidently not as much as I, living in Pittsburgh region.  

1.Ben is dinged up, knee, elbow, getting old you name it

2.on defense their linebackers are decimated by injuries, and have little.depth remaining

3. On top of all that, they basically were forced into a very early season bye week, bc of Titans Covid situation in October

My point is, the steelers situation is.not the norm and far different than ours.  They might be willing to concede that 2 seed, in order to rest a few banged up players.

I think we will do the same, rest our banged up guys and then see what mcdermott does from there.  But I don't think they are willing to say 2 vs 3 seed means little.  

Ok maybe no fans, so what, here are some other factors that certainly influence home field advantage:

1. Weather: Pitt vs Buffalo might be similar, so maybe a draw there, and I'm sure buffalo's offense nor is pittsburghs geared up for a snow game pound it, both would rather pass

2. Travel/Routine: big difference in terms of staying in familiar surroundings, then having to manage travel and time it takes.  Yes minimal flight time, but still multiple hours and having to get on a plane 

3. Home Field: want to compare kicking a field goal in Pittsburgh to Buffalo?  big difference at Heinz, let alone the playing surface, the wind patterns, etc.  These might be minor to a novice, but playing Qb and being familiar with how the wind comes.from tunnel.side to cross field, and how it influences deep passes, etc. 

4.  Pride: yeah maybe minor, but these guys take pride playing "at home", even if fans aren't allowed in.  Our house mentality

So yeah, im in the crowd that favors us getting the 2 seed.  Do it in a way where we escape the Miami game as healthy as possible, but its still important

The other difference is Pitt is likely assuming we'll win so doesn't matter.  If they had announced they were playing all their starters all the way, Tomlin might be assuming Bills would have done the same and Bills would win and they'd still be in 2nd seed. 

Big difference in how you plan/play game when you control your own destiny.

Speaking of which was just looking every team in AFC controls their own destiny except Colts.  They are the only one that win a win, they are still not in.  Likely Balt, Indy, & Tenn will win so they likely need to count on either Bills or Steelers win to get them in.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:54 PM, Nextmanup said:

I would not trade any 1 or more of those players being OUT for the Number 2 seeding.

But one is not inclusive of the other.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In addition Steelers added several players to the Covid-19 list.  Is that 9 starters?

Late breaking headline, Steelers-Browns agree to play the game 7 V 7!!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch