Kumerow claimed by Saints (now Waived by Saints)

aristocrat

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No.  No they can't use him as a TE.  But I think it's possible they cut Gentry and bring Kumerow back to the PS if he'll come. 

Or heck, WR seems to be our most dinged-up group at present, maybe if Moss has a 6-week injury IR him, elevate Williams, and sign Kumerow into that slot?

I think there is real possibility they do resign him. They liked him on Special Teams, he adds depth in receiving, and I'm fairly certain they will go with Yeldon to RB (so may be no need to bring up WIlliams?). It would not surprise me to see Kumerow back within the week .... Question: Do they consider him more valuable than Stills--to make active?

A RB will be brought up (Williams), and i believe the PS slot will be filled by another RB. They have to maintain the insurance plan. If someone new is coming in, I think they need to get that paperwork done today in order to get through the COVID process in time for Round Two.

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Isaiah Hodgins might replace Duke next year. 

Still can't believe Hodgins missed the entire season with that sneaky injury. He had the best hands in his draft class and with his size, he could have added a new dimension/'big slot' type of element to our passing attack. 

If we can get another burner in either FA or the draft, our WR corps will be really tough to stop. 

4 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Still can't believe Hodgins missed the entire season with that sneaky injury. He had the best hands in his draft class and with his size, he could have added a new dimension/'big slot' type of element to our passing attack. 

If we can get another burner in either FA or the draft, our WR corps will be really tough to stop. 

Or maybe roll with Stills.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, scribo said:

A RB will be brought up (Williams), and i believe the PS slot will be filled by another RB. They have to maintain the insurance plan. If someone new is coming in, I think they need to get that paperwork done today in order to get through the COVID process in time for Round Two.

I think they may just elevate Williams for the game vs signing to the active roster. I am not sure yet if moss will go to IR. If it is an ankle sprain they may choose to wait and see if he can come back if they win next week, for the AFCC

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I think there is real possibility they do resign him. They liked him on Special Teams, he adds depth in receiving, and I'm fairly certain they will go with Yeldon to RB (so may be no need to bring up WIlliams?). It would not surprise me to see Kumerow back within the week .... Question: Do they consider him more valuable than Stills--to make active?

I think they want to have a good look at Stills because of that uncoachable trait he has, speed. 

John Brown is 30 and contributed strongly last year, but he missed 7.5 games this season and was limited/ineffective in 2 others - that's not great ROI for a WR being paid $7M salary, with a $9.75M cap hit.  My initial impression is that he kind of had a "lost in space" game yesterday where he let himself get out-muscled, on a free play and on an INT that was ruled incomplete.  He was on the field for 97% of the snaps, 4 targets 0 receptions, something's amiss.

They are gonna have to make some economies somewhere, so the Bills probably want to take a look at Stills practice habits, coachability, and so forth to decide if the problems which led to him being traded from Miami and cut mid-season by the Texans are him, or them.

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they may just elevate Williams for the game vs signing to the active roster. I am not sure yet if moss will go to IR. If it is an ankle sprain they may choose to wait and see if he can come back if they win next week, for the AFCC

I'm kind of going by Bangedup Bills initial evaluation as probable high ankle sprain, which would be a longer injury.  But of course that's just an (educated) guess.

12 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

Jake waived by the saints - since we have a roster opening does he get resigned by the Bills? 

How do they have a roster opening?

Plus they have Duke, Stills and Gentry already on the PS.

I would sign him to Reserve/Futures contract like they did Gentry to bring him to camp next year.

Nah, we got Duke... 

sarcasm now off

• Eyeroll 1