Kumerow claimed by Saints (now Waived by Saints)

aristocrat

3 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I can't believe there's a 10-page thread about our 7th (Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, Roberts, McKenzie, Kumerow) string receiver getting cut and claimed by another team.  If this guy were the real deal he wouldn't have been cut by Green Bay in the first place and then buried on the depth chart.

So agree...of course I read through about 3 pages of comments...

11 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

There are 3 potential reasons why people are complaining:

1.  Not very football smart

2.  Trolls

3.  Just like to complain about the Bills

This move was known since Brown went on IR and he was signed to the 53.  One TD catch was not going to change the outcome.

4.  They have a different view of life, the world and Kumerow than you do

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm sure they knew Brown would be back this week PRIOR to the Denver game. They probably activated Kumerow and played him because it was already determined that he would be released after that game, so they gave him a good last hurrah.

We have plenty of depth at the position. And we got along fine on special teams before he got here.

They just needed him for the record ;) 

J/K Good Luck Jake at least you landed in another good organization.

You would think that the sure handed Steelers would be interested in some WR help ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

They just needed him for the record ;) 

J/K Good Luck Jake at least you landed in another good organization.

You would think that the sure handed Steelers would be interested in some WR help ;) 

Kumerow was claimed before the Steelers had a chance at him, since Steelers have better record than Saints. But he lasted through most of the teams’ claims. I could see Saints cutting him when Michael Thomas comes back, they may need the sign a LB since Kwon Alexander tore his Achilles. If he’s available again I could see him back on bills PS for the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kumerow was claimed before the Steelers had a chance at him, since Steelers have better record than Saints. But he lasted through most of the teams’ claims. I could see Saints cutting him when Michael Thomas comes back, they may need the sign a LB since Kwon Alexander tore his Achilles. If he’s available again I could see him back on bills PS for the playoffs. 

I forgot the Saints only had 10 wins before yesterday ....DOH 

13 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

He seemed like better WR depth then Andre Roberts 

Andre is on this team to return kicks not for his route running.

He also sets the Bills  with great field position on most punts and kick offs

16 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He gets signed and payed for minimum of 3 weeks.

Edit:  Sorry he was picked off waivers not from the PS.  No minimum of games but I see no reason the Saints will

cut him anytime soon.

When Thomas gets healthy he may be cut then.

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m never going to forget that time he helped end a 25 year division title drought.

Bayos Con Dios, Amigo.

I think that Allen would have just thrown that ball to someone else that ran that route on that play ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Color me surprised. I did not think a team would put in a claim on him this late in season and unable to help them this week because of COVID protocols. Oooo well Brown is back and Isiah Hodges on Redshirt this year. 

TBH I think that's why the Bills did what looked like a kinda heartless thing to cut him on Christmas Eve.  As I understand it, the guy has to be in town being tested for 6 days before he can enter the team facilities, but team facilities are now closed Mon and Tues. 

The Bills gave him a cameo appearance, then cut him in time that any team that wanted to claim him could have him in their facility and practicing by Weds.

PS salary is (I think) $12k/week, whereas vet minimum is $42k/week.  So being on a regular season roster for 2 games somewhere gets him an extra $60k.

Potential for an extra $60k is probably a good tradeoff being cut on Christmas eve

EDIT: I'm evidently out-of-date about the need to be in town being tested for 6 days.  If a player is current on covid-19 protocols elsewhere, no longer applies as of 19 February.  [my peanut gallery comments about the wisdom of this excised]

14 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I didn't say that I said he was a better wr that's it 

Even if that’s true (Roberts has been significantly more productive though I’m not a fan of him at WR either) there is only one fringe WR roster spot available and it is clearly for Roberts because of his integral role on the team. All of the other WR are healthy and play meaningful roles in the offense and play a lot so they aren’t going anywhere. Kumerow wouldn’t even be playing on ST now that Taiwan Jones is healthy again. You can’t cut another depth guy like Andre smith just to keep kumerow because then you are screwing up your #s at the LB position. There is a reason why you have a certain # of players at each position. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1