Is Jake Kumerow a potential Tight End?

PromoTheRobot

I hear where you are going with it, personally I’d like to see if he is a special teams ace who can contribute some as a big bodied WR. Something to be said for guys who can gather the majority of special teams snaps and contribute on offense or defense, like Darryl Johnson. Long term would like to see less and less players like T. Jones and Matakevich.

• Like (+1) 3

When we signed him most of the stuff I read was about how great he is on sp teams and what a great run blocker he is, but we got to stop with this switching people to tight end stuff. It’s not common and takes such a long time. It’s not an easy position to learn and certainly not easy to switch to

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I actually thought he was a TE when I saw him catching that TD pass. 

That's what gave me the idea. Maybe roster positions are meaningless? Does it matter what you call a player if you use him?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's what have be the idea. Maybe roster positions are meaningless? Does it matter what you call a player if you use him?

Multi-purpose. Like Etienne. 3rd-5th round pick maybe on a TE might be better for the cap moving forward. Hunter Henry would be a nice FA.

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

6ft 4in, 210 lbs, good hands. Can he block? Run routes? Get open? We have a full WR room but we could use a second TE threat. Any chance this is something McBeane are thinking?

When the time comes to pay Josh Allen, and that time is coming soon, it will become more and more important for Beane to be able to snag guys like this who you pay next to nothing, but have them contribute to the team in multiple ways. I'm quite confident in Beane to continue to find guys like this in the future!

• Like (+1) 5

if he can run block , catch passes and plays well on special teams he sounds like the kind of versatile player that you want on yur team. I dont care much what they title his position its how they use him that matters.

I read that in Green Bay he had a nick name "Touchdown Jesus" due to his long flowing hair Im guessing and dark complexion?  lol

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

6ft 4in, 210 lbs, good hands. Can he block? Run routes? Get open? We have a full WR room but we could use a second TE threat. Any chance this is something McBeane are thinking?

seems a bit light for TE. Actually a lot light.

• Like (+1) 2