Is Jake Kumerow a potential Tight End?

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

6ft 4in, 210 lbs, good hands. Can he block? Run routes? Get open? We have a full WR room but we could use a second TE threat. Any chance this is something McBeane are thinking?

He can block pretty dang well. Rodgers wanted him because he was so reliable in his route running.

I don't know if he's got the metabolism or body type or whatever it is to add weight/muscle and become a TE; he's 27 and this has probably been suggested.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He can block pretty dang well. Rodgers wanted him because he was so reliable in his route running.

I don't know if he's got the metabolism or body type or whatever it is to add weight/muscle and become a TE; he's 27 and this has probably been suggested.

think he can put on the weight necessary to play effective TE? To put it in perspective, looking at other primarily pass catching tight ends, Kelce is listed at 260, Waller 255, Engram 240. All are comparable in height.

6ft 4in, 210 lbs, good hands. Can he block? Run routes? Get open? We have a full WR room but we could use a second TE threat. Any chance this is something McBeane are thinking?

I guess they could use him there if they wanted to in certain situations/and or depending on what they have in mind to do, but I doubt it. He's got the height and he's strong as hell. You see after he caught that TD pass, if you noticed on the replay when players were coming to congratulate him, his arms were freakin RIPPED son!

Think it was @YoloinOhio that told me a while ago that he was the Bosa boys cousin. I did not know that until he told me, so he's definitely got the football gene inside him. Was great to see him get a TD. Very proud of him.

Believe his body is maxed out. Would need to add 40 lbs to be effective. 

He'd need to add 30 lbs.  Thats like asking if Gabe Davis is. 

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

think he can put on the weight necessary to play effective TE? To put it in perspective, looking at other primarily pass catching tight ends, Kelce is listed at 260, Waller 255, Engram 240. All are comparable in height.

No, that was my point.  Sometimes young guys are string beans but gain the ability to beef up as they age a bit.  Josh was apparently like this.

But Kumerow isn't that young, he's 28.  It's probable the conversion has been suggested to him before, but sometimes string beans gotta string bean.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We always want to move players....

Nothing takes the cake more than about 10 years ago, someone was adamant Kyle Williams needs to be moved to MLB.

I do not remember that.  LOLOL!  I remember that he didn't "block enough daylight" to play DT.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We always want to move players....

Nothing takes the cake more than about 10 years ago, someone was adamant Kyle Williams needs to be moved to MLB.

Oh wow! Yeah that really takes the cake lol

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, that was my point.  Sometimes young guys are string beans but gain the ability to beef up as they age a bit.  Josh was apparently like this.

But Kumerow isn't that young, he's 28.  It's probable the conversion has been suggested to him before, but sometimes string beans gotta string bean.

Well I don't know about the rest of him, but on that replay where you could get a good look at him, dude is ripped like a ***** brick house if the rest of him is like his arms. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do not remember that.  LOLOL!  I remember that he didn't "block enough daylight" to play DT.

We lost Poz in free agency and he thought Williams would make the perfect replacement.

He used Spencer Johnson as an example that we could do it again.  But he wouldn’t acknowledge that it didn’t work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't remember that either, but I'm guessing when it was said it was more than likely on the other Bills board that got shut down or whatever. Probably why that doesn't ring a bell to you, I would assume.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We lost Poz in free agency and he thought Williams would make the perfect replacement.

He used Spencer Johnson as an example that we could do it again.  But he wouldn’t acknowledge that it didn’t work.

That silly talk was on the other board wasn't it? lol

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

right I got you. It’s just not realistic.

Reminds me of the poster about a month back who claimed Duke Williams was also just primed to convert to tight end and we wouldn’t miss a step. Dude can’t even play his primary position well but let’s just convert him to TE because...he’s tall(ish), I guess? (Duke is 6’2”.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Muppy said:

if he can run block , catch passes and plays well on special teams he sounds like the kind of versatile player that you want on yur team. I dont care much what they title his position its how they use him that matters.

I read that in Green Bay he had a nick name "Touchdown Jesus" due to his long flowing hair Im guessing and dark complexion?  lol

yep - and they crucified him for dropping a TD pass. :bag:

I believe it happened on Monday cuz on the 3rd day, a Thursday game, he rose to the occasion. :doh: 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh it was.  That place was magical.

Lol, yes, I figured it was. Oh yes I have seen many of strange/thoughtless remarks on many occasion back in those days, but I missed that particular one. It definitely would have been one of the many that I would have remembered lol.

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Reminds me of the poster about a month back who claimed Duke Williams was also just primed to convert to tight end and we wouldn’t miss a step. Dude can’t even play his primary position well but let’s just convert him to TE because...he’s tall(ish), I guess? (Duke is 6’2”.)

Yes I remember seeing some posters suggesting that non sense. I don't get why some people think things like this is a good idea, but to each their own I guess lol

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I think you could make a better case for Kumerow because he's laid some sick blocks down on film, and he's 6'4 1/2" so he's got that height aspect going for him.  But when a guy is 27 or 28 years old and came into the league 5 years ago, he probably is what he is.

Devil's Advocate:

I just looked it up, and Lorenzo Alexander transformed himself from a DT to an OLB after 5 seasons in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wjag said:

Watching him run that route and catching that laser, it’s not hard to understand why Cheeseheads were upset when Buffalo snagged him. 

I say we give Kumerow a long look. He did not look like a practice squad player on that play.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you could make a better case for Kumerow because he's laid some sick blocks down on film, and he's 6'4 1/2" so he's got that height aspect going for him.  But when a guy is 27 or 28 years old and came into the league 5 years ago, he probably is what he is.

Devil's Advocate:

I just looked it up, and Lorenzo Alexander transformed himself from a DT to an OLB after 5 seasons in the league.

Yes, that is amazing that he did that and he turned out to be a really good LB too. I don't recall how well he performed when he was on OL (think it was with Washington), but he sure turned out to be a heck of a LB

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Te no.  Big slot?  Yes.  Essentailly same thing but have Kumerow play the wing inside wr.  Has the hands, speed, and height to be dangerous from that spot.  Espically, with the split saftey look Buffalo will face.  

He'd be a good guy to have on the field for a Hail Mary or any jump ball for that matter.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy